Football league meeting today? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

what was the p in the £ offer in the CVA? it could be that they have taken the £300K paid to ACL off the amount owed prior to the p in the £ offer and then worked from there which is what Appleton should have done.

Doesn't this now leave GR and MM a route to claim the money back off SISU, no doubt via the courts?

chiefdave

Now we need it paid ASAP to remove one block to talks. Lets hope the money doesn't suddenly disappear out of escrow before it reaches ACL. Just need SISU to say there won't be any appeal and everyone can start talking again. I suppose its too much to hope that common sense prevails.

BackRoomRummermill

Now we need it paid ASAP to remove one block to talks. Lets hope the money doesn't suddenly disappear out of escrow before it reaches ACL. Just need SISU to say there won't be any appeal and everyone can start talking again. I suppose its too much to hope that common sense prevails.

Why would the money dissapear from a third party account not controlled by SISU or ACL ?

Grendel

what was the p in the £ offer in the CVA? it could be that they have taken the £300K paid to ACL off the amount owed prior to the p in the £ offer and then worked from there which is what Appleton should have done.

Doesn't this now leave GR and MM a route to claim the money back off SISU, no doubt via the courts?

No - the reduction has nothing to do with their contribution it's to do with additional incurred costs.

chiefdave

Why would the money dissapear from a third party account not controlled by SISU or ACL ?

There was doubt who actually had control over the money wasn't there?

If its in escrow controlled by the FL and ready to go why isn't the FL just paying it today rather than stating SISU must pay it by next Thursday?

hill83

The trouble with this FORUM people completely make things up based on half of the information

Surely if it's based on half of the information it's half made up? So it's looks as though you have just totally made something up yourself.

Ironic. ;)

duffer

So basically then, unless I've misread the FL statement, the 'guarantor' payments are irrelevant to what ACL should receive, but the additional costs of the adminstration mean that ACL are now only entitled to £471k, rather than £598k.

I think the good news is that this at least gets rid of this issue, it seems like the club have accepted it, and I can't see how ACL could appeal the decision if they wanted to.

The bad news is that Fisher, in the club statement, is still banging on about FFP and match day revenues. This shouldn't be a stumbling block to negotiating a short-term deal unless SISU are really just using it as an excuse to continue to hold out at Sixfields (presumably to further distress ACL).

Even without match-day revenue, ticket income at the Ricoh will dwarf what comes into the club from Sixfields. That will help us enormously with FFP.

C'mon Mr Fisher - let's get the short-term deal sorted, and then arm-wrestle regarding the tricky stuff. If it's really about what's best for the club, that's the only thing that makes sense.

skybluetony176

No, let's hope it gets paid today!

That would be helpful. As a larger amount is supposed to be resting in an escrow account awaiting this decision you would think that it shouldn't be a problem. But then again SISU can't be held responsible for how the banking system works ;)

Hobo

I can't see them actually making a statement on the matter. It will be the two sides who will make press releases.

Except for the statement released by the FL this morning Grendel. Another one of your half wit opinions.

olderskyblue

As we have said all along we want what is best for the long term future success of Coventry City FC. That means our job is to get the club back to Coventry, which is something every single supporter wants to see, whilst ensuring the financial stability of the club

The Football League's Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: "This has been a complex and unwelcome disagreement within a wider, more significant dispute. By concluding this matter, we can now allow all parties to concentrate on the more important issue of getting Coventry City playing its matches back in Coventry at the earliest opportunity"

Not the "Coventry area"... interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread