Football league meeting today? (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Without wanting to defend the FL, given that the club nor ACL would have been at the meeting, don't you think it's only right and proper that they discuss the outcome of the meeting with them first before issuing a statement?

All it takes is a few phone calls to make sure everyone is informed of the decision. I reckon any delay will be due to legal advice having to be sought..

stupot07

All it takes is a few phone calls to make sure everyone is informed of the decision. I reckon any delay will be due to legal advice having to be sought..

Not necessarily, it depends if they can get hold of people. For example They might want/need to do a telephone conference with all the board members of ACL rather than just phone call to one person.

You would imagine/hoped they'd have sought legal advice before the meeting as part of the options appraisal process.

J

Jack Griffin

Not necessarily, it depends if they can get hold of people. For example They might want/need to do a telephone conference with all the board members of ACL rather than just phone call to one person.

You would imagine/hoped they'd have sought legal advice before the meeting as part of the options appraisal process.

Cool, important decision today, what a good idea for directors of ACL and Otium to make themselves unavailable. :claping hands:

Grendel

I can't see them actually making a statement on the matter. It will be the two sides who will make press releases.

Hobo

I can't see them actually making a statement on the matter. It will be the two sides who will make press releases.

It's a bit like the courts leaving it to the victim and the offender to tell their mates what it has decided.

spider_ricoh

I think you're right, FL want to bury their head in the sand as much as possible, don;t want to get involved!

Nick

Administrator
Would the FL actually rush out a press release over a bicker over an amount of a payment?

stupot07

Cool, important decision today, what a good idea for directors of ACL and Otium to make themselves unavailable. :claping hands:

Are you suggesting that the chief executive of the council has nothing better to do than sit around waiting for a call?

AFCCOVENTRY

Here's the big news...

@darryljoemurphy: No comment expected from @football_league re: @Coventry_City today #skyblues

covcity4life

just heard from a friend whos dad owns the company that deals with the teams coach travel and he says hes having bangers and mash for tea tonight.

images

Chipfat

This could mean anything,,, they are stalling or taking legal advice or making sure all parties fully understand the decision.. My heart thinks they will ask Sisu to pay a small % and hope that allows talk's.. The FL don't want to solve this or be involved they just want fixtures completed no matter where or who it effect's, the Leeds situation tells us all we need to know about the ability they have to control the game.

No power, no fight and are only interested in investment,, while forgetting without fans the investment made are worthless...

bigfatronssba

The football league are a joke. They are currently the main obstacle in getting Coventry to play in Coventry. At present their actions are actively encouraging CCFC to play in Northampton.

The whole organisation needs dismantling and a new one creating.

Seriously, what is the point of the football league?

Nick

Administrator
I just pressed play on the video, switched to a different tab and heard "Are you trying to have sex with my girlfriend?". Turns out it was an ad, but i thought it may have been the wrong video Simon had uploaded!

ps. Love the bit a lorry goes back and Simon says in his head "You absolute bellends"

James Smith

I do hope it's just the FL making a statement as they're not going to be trying to score points with us fans. Next best case is we get a joint statement between ACL & Our Club/Sisu. The worse case is either or both of the two waring parties making statements separately as they will each just add their own spin to anything said as they are trying to score points.

skybluepm2

You would think after shafting us good and proper up the arse last year they would try and instill a bit of credibility in their pathetic organisation by either ensuring this information was made public themselves (at least to our local media source) or try and ensure that Scrotium or ACL communicated via their own respective press release. Pathetic waste of space, geriatric fucks! A plague on all their houses! Poppycock! Mr Gilbert should've taken a spare petrol bomb inside the advans glove box! I wonder if he was the man driving it? Hmmm

ccfcway

i am honestly surprised we will hear tomorrow, I expected weeks.

in the back of my mind I am thinking it still wont be an announcement of the amount, just that they are "working towards agreeing an amount"

skybluepm2

Scheduled for 11am release from the FL..surprise surprise it's late! I imagine we will know on here 1st as opposed to newsnow/CET site. Simon Gilbert does a damn good job of keeping us informed. Big thumbs up journo forum fwend :claping hands:

skybluetony176

Otium to pay ACL £471k. I think even Grendull would struggle to come up with figures to explain how they came to that figure.

At least they've finally made a decision hopefully we can now move forward. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread