Football league meeting today? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

What are the chances of:

A points penalty for not liquidating?
A points penalty for not paying the agreed amount to acl as part of the transfer of the golden share to otium?
The club being told not enough progress made towards a new stadium?
Issues being resolved and a huge queue at the ticket office for season tickets?
Nothing being discussed about CCfc

italiahorse

What are the chances of:

A points penalty for not paying the agreed amount to acl as part of the transfer of the golden share to otium?

Expect the worse and anything else is a bonus.
We are CCFC don't forget !!!

rightumpty

It doesn't matter. Nothing they say or do will have any effect on us. We know we have at least one more crap season to look forward to and the FL will shit on us as they always do.

Hobo

It's summer expect delays.

italiahorse

It doesn't matter. Nothing they say or do will have any effect on us. We know we have at least one more crap season to look forward to and the FL will shit on us as they always do.

The club will not recover from another season away from Coventry.
Financially and loss of fan base.

Even if we come back Sisu will be a problem for many.
Whether they can turn the tide, who knows. I feel TF will need to be sacrificed !!!

skybluesam66

What are the chances of:

no more points penalties, as the money is waiting in an escrow account
New stadium - possibly, but depends on whether we can get back to the ricoh, as even a temporary return will make that a non issue for the FL
Season tickets - imagine if we were at home at the ricoh next saturday - would be chaos trying to produce say 5000 season tickets in a couple of days
Nothing being discussed or adjournement - odds on favourite

stupot07

My guesses:

What are the chances of:

A points penalty for not liquidating? No, that's the administrators job and out of the clubs control (I think?)
A points penalty for not paying the agreed amount to acl as part of the transfer of the golden share to otium? A possibility, but I don't think they will
The club being told not enough progress made towards a new stadium? Doubt it
Issues being resolved and a huge queue at the ticket office for season tickets? We can only hope.
Nothing being discussed about CCfc - doubt it, they will want the money issue resolved ASAP

skybluepm2

As long as a decision is made today then I will be happy...I just hope last Summer's trend of 'adjourned' doesn't rear its ugly head!

This will be one major stumbling block out of the way, the other I am not so sure about. Surely if the appeal was going to be dropped then SISU would have made ACL aware of this information by now. Or maybe they have?! Wouldn't it be nice to have some good news for the 1st time in....well, ever!

Kingokings204

Let's all have our fingers and toes crossed and we simply need to come home. This year is a lot more important than last year IMO. Last year we didn't have a damming court case and second year away would be too much for the club to recover.

Also if it's 2 years away then it is likely to be more years also. The club needs all the sponsors tickets sales and increased merchandise from coming home to survive yet to mention young fans etc.

The next 2 days could be very important in my opinion the most important. Football league decide today, they can't delay as the season starts in 2 days, they won't issue a points deduction as they are shit scared of sisu so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Big boost to announce today or tomorrow to everyone. As SP says "there is no better time to come home" he wouldn't say this if he hasn't been told or didn't believe it. Extra money extra sale and come January if we are in the mix we could actually strengthen not sell everyone.

Come on we need a huge slice of luk and a helping hand or 2 and things can work out. Make my year if we got back and I really hate sisu but would buy a season ticket for 2 straight away and a lot more would also.

Some will always have a sisu agenda and not go and that's completely understandable but the team when in Coventry should all get our backing regardless of owners and history but that's just my opinion. The heartbreak they have caused me and thousands of others is very unfair and wad completely avoidable.

To all parties ACL,sisu, FL, it's only them 3 parties over the next 2 days can decide this one way or the other.

Nick

Administrator
As long as a decision is made today then I will be happy...I just hope last Summer's trend of 'adjourned' doesn't rear its ugly head!

This will be one major stumbling block out of the way, the other I am not so sure about. Surely if the appeal was going to be dropped then SISU would have made ACL aware of this information by now. Or maybe they have?! Wouldn't it be nice to have some good news for the 1st time in....well, ever!

Exactly, decide an amount and stop messing about

duffer

Absolutely. I don't care whether the decision today is 'pro' ACL, or 'pro' SISU or is something that they both hate. Couldn't give a monkey's. The key thing is that the FL come to a clear, unambiguous decision, with no room for dicking about by anyone. Then at least that's one hurdle cleared.

After that, court case or not, ACL and SISU surely have to meet if they're both serious about coming to a deal. I think SISU are going to have to accept that there's no possibility of signing a deal whilst the court stuff is in play - but thinking about it I can't see why that should stop at least an initial conversation. Argh... it's so near, yet so far away...

(Which reminds me of a favourite phrase, 'near miss'. I heard that two planes landing at Heathrow yesterday had a 'near miss'. Apparently if they'd been any closer they'd have missed each other completely.) ;)

chiefdave

No chance of this I would have thought, the club is now owned by a totally separate company to the one being liquidated.

If, as SISU have stated, the money is in escrow under the FLs control and this is something the FL agreed to then there will be no problem. Of course if its not something the FL had agreed to or approved in advance then we have not made a payment that was a condition of the golden share being issued, who knows what could happen if that's the case. Of course you have to consider that the FL have shown no backbone when dealing with SISU so even if they haven't acted in line with FL rulings will they have it in them to do much about it.

This is an easy one for the FL to ignore. They will just say they are satisfied with the progress but can't reveal any details as its all confidential.

Not much chance of this unfortunately.

They way things have gone so far there has to be a chance the FL will bottle making a decision today and we'll stay in limbo.

covcity4life

yeah really hope we get a decision today

its horrible waking up and logging on in the hope that a deal has been done only to be disappointment and then have the whole day ahead of you! :(

skybluetony176

No chance of this I would have thought, the club is now owned by a totally separate club to the one being liquidated.

If, as SISU have stated, the money is in escrow under the FLs control and this is something the FL agreed to then there will be no problem. Of course if its not something the FL had agreed to or approved in advance then we have not made a payment that was a condition of the golden share being issued, who knows what could happen if that's the case. Of course you have to consider that the FL have shown no backbone when dealing with SISU so even if they haven't acted in line with FL rulings will they have it in them to do much about it.

This is an easy one for the FL to ignore. They will just say they are satisfied with the progress but can't reveal any details as its all confidential.

Not much chance of this unfortunately.

They way things have gone so far there has to be a chance the FL will bottle making a decision today and we'll stay in limbo.

The escrow account is a worry. Unless anyone knows different I don't think this was ever agreed by the FL in advance, it's just something SISU did of their own back. Also, again unless someone knows better, the account isn't under the control of the FL. In other words if the FL come to a decision today that the SISU disagree with SISU can withhold the payment and lodge an appeal.

Like I said, unless anyone knows better.

Gosford Green

This is an important as anything football related this season. Third rate players in the third level of English football is something that the club can rise from but one more season in the piss hut will kill the club, the identity is changing fast now other teams fans refer to the club in a Northampton context. This meeting is vital.

The football league have to get tough, act as mediators and insist on returning to Coventry by Christmas at the latest.

Reality probably will mean FL being inert as SISU disagreeing with any outcome might mean court action and boat rocking.

sky blue john

I'm not so optimistic that this meeting will go well for CCFC.
The FA FL are under pressure to be getting their house in order by the government. This could mean an example being made of CCFC.
Also Sisu felt the need to put out a statement on returning to the Ricoh was purely for the FL's benefit.

Gosford Green

I'm not so optimistic that this meeting will go well for CCFC.
The FA FL are under pressure to be getting their house in order by the government. This could mean an example being made of CCFC.
Also Sisu felt the need to put out a statement on returning to the Ricoh was purely for the FL's benefit.

That`s why another point deduction is possible.

dongonzalos

The FL already confirmed the money was where they asked it to be.

Did they?

I was under the impression the money is in a SISU controlled account not a FL controlled account and SISU have never confirmed whether it is £590 or the amount they believe is owed minus the guarantees payments.

Last edited:

Gosford Green

The FL could argue that the club have not met FL rules, they have to show to the government that dubious owners circumnavigating rules will not be tolerated.

For once I hope you are right. Make a change.

sky blue john

The club have met the FL conditions... They said as much. Just more scaremongering.

I'm not scaremongering, I am just saying I have a bad feeling.
Regarding Sisu saying they have met the FL conditions. I am sceptical because of Sisu's track record regarding the truth !

Sub

if it all goes tits up and we get punished (points deduction) again sisu will blame CCC/ACL and if it goes ok (no point deductions) SISU will say they were right to move us away from coventry and the FL agree with them. It is just all bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread