Football is back!!!! Premier League (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Watford 2-0 down and looking doomed. Never liked the way Deeney used to belittle Arsenal if Watford ever turned them over. Always thought that lacked class. He who laughs last and all that. Also Andre Gray and the other Watford players out partying the other week. Fans must be furious with them. Not that they'll give a sh*t.

no_loyalty

Watford are down, can't see them recovering from 2-0 down.

skyblue1991

Sheff Utd goal that wasn't given kept Villa up, bastards!

Good riddance to Watford, horrible club the way they treat managers, and Deeney is an arrogant c**t.

Feel sorry for Bournemouth, I like Eddie Howe as a manager, I think he will stay

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Good riddance to Watford, horrible club the way they treat managers, and Deeney is an arrogant c**t.

Feel sorry for Bournemouth, I like Eddie Howe as a manager, I think he will stay

I actually listened to Louis Therouxs podcast with Troy Deeney this morning and thought he came across very well, not arrogant at all.

Brighton Sky Blue

The footballing snob in me is fine with the biggest club staying up but being brutally honest none of the bottom 4 deserved it. Watford and Bournemouth will be beatable but with parachute payments a tall order for us.

no_loyalty

I believe Bournemouth could be deducted points by the EFL for breaking FFP the last time they were in the Championship, anybody confirm this is correct.

Macca

Big club Villa celebrating like they won the league. I heard someone in the week, might have been Chris Sutton say that they deserved to stay up as they had spent money. Sums up the Premier League.

wingy

Big club Villa celebrating like they won the league. I heard someone in the week, might have been Chris Sutton say that they deserved to stay up as they had spent money. Sums up the Premier League.
Only £ 9.5M per player though.

Tommo1993

Troy Deeney was queuing Just behind me to get into Alton Towers a few years back. I think it was the summer straight after that Watford v Leicester P/o game, I caught myself keep smiling at him. What a weirdo.

Anyway he was kicking up a stink because he was having to queue with everyone else, the berk. May have just been having a laugh, who knows?

Brighton Sky Blue

Funny on MOTD the commentator calling one of Wolves’ players a ‘steal at £30 million’. Parallel universe

no_loyalty

Villa limped to a 1-0 win over 10 man Sheff United who had a player sent off after just 12 mins and also missed a penalty.

I think Villa will be ok this season, can see Albion, Fulham and Sheff United or Burnley in the bottom three.

fernandopartridge

Villa limped to a 1-0 win over 10 man Sheff United who had a player sent off after just 12 mins and also missed a penalty.

I think Villa will be ok this season, can see Albion, Fulham and Sheff United or Burnley in the bottom three.

Not judging by such a laboured performance against a 10 albeit resilient men.

We move the ball much quicker than Villa do.

Terry Gibson's perm

I alaways hope Burnley go down as I have few mates that are Burnley fans and they are the Wycombe of the prem hoof.

Bottom three for me
West Bromwich bottom hardly made an effort and should be allowed back up

Fulham

Plus one other can’t think who at the moment

no_loyalty

Villa will finish mid table I reckon, although Fulham made them look a decent side.

chiefdave

Bit disappointing to see Villa doing so well early on. Was hoping for another relegation battle!

Hopefully this is a one off and not a sign that numbers are going up. Presumably if too many players start coming back with positive tests they'll have to look at postponing games which could be tricky with a condensed season.
BBC said:
Ten people have tested positive for coronavirus in the latest round of testing conducted by the Premier League - the highest number of positive tests since the season began.

no_loyalty

I didn’t realise it was Halloween, Arsenal obviously do, their away shirt looks dreadful.

wingy

So did I hear it right?
They're going to amend the handball shenanigans.
Be interesting to hear what the financial aid picture looks like in the next few days.

chiefdave

They're going to amend the handball shenanigans.
Changing from unnatural body shape to could a player be expected to have their arms in a position taking into account how they were positioned or how they were interacting with opponents.

Obvious there was an issue but find it a bit odd you can change the rules part way through a season. What happens if a key position come the end of the season is down to points won or lost before they realised they'd messed up and changed the rule?

fernandopartridge

Obvious there was an issue but find it a bit odd you can change the rules part way through a season. What happens if a key position come the end of the season is down to points won or lost before they realised they'd messed up and changed the rule?

Changing after two games probably nullifies that argument a bit

Liquid Gold

Changing from unnatural body shape to could a player be expected to have their arms in a position taking into account how they were positioned or how they were interacting with opponents.

they let Villa stay up last season just based on hawkeye being broke for 10 minutes so I don't think they give a shit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So still massively open to interpretation and inconsistency.

I confidently predict the arguments over handball will continue.

no_loyalty

Bit of a coup for Villa, Ross Barkley on a season long loan from Chelsea.

Users who are viewing this thread