Football is back!!!! Premier League (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Mings should have been booked.

"I think in normal circumstances Ming would expect to be booked there"

What's stopping him from being booked?

fernandopartridge

I thought that they cannot make a decision on goal line technology - I thought the referee has a device that buzzes - if he was told it’s working and there is no buzz he can’t intervene can he?
No sympathy with Sheffield United, remember we had that goal disallowed against them in a televised game up there, very similar circumstances but not even malfunctioning tech to fall back on

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Sounds like another belter from the best league in the world

No sympathy with Sheffield United, remember we had that goal disallowed against them in a televised game up there, very similar circumstances but not even malfunctioning tech to fall back on

Thanks for bringing the bitter old man vibes to the thread.

no_loyalty

Dreadful game, let's hope the Man City v Arsenal game is the opposite.

Tommo1993

Will they now make a statement on why VAR wasn’t used? Enough of the United players were going barmy, and if the ref isn’t sure, magic watch or not, he has to review it.

D

Deleted member 4439

Brilliant. ‘Never in over 9000 games’...‘view obstructed by players and post’...everyone in the country saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it was intended as an apology on behalf of the Officials, on and off-pitch. Begs question, do the refs have the power to overturn the technology - assume so, but would take giant balls (unless the goal was of Lampardian proportions).

Johnnythespider

I'm confused by this statement, isn't there normally a graphic that shows an image from above the crossbar, showing if the ball has crossed the line. How did this view become blocked by players

Paul Anthony

I'm confused by this statement, isn't there normally a graphic that shows an image from above the crossbar, showing if the ball has crossed the line. How did this view become blocked by players

Dont quote me on this, but I think that is a digital animation put together using all the cameras available. If they were blocked, I suppose they can't create that animation.

covmark

Dont quote me on this, but I think that is a digital animation put together using all the cameras available. If they were blocked, I suppose they cant create that animation.
But the camera I was watching showed the ball over the line. Different angles too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Paul Anthony

But the camera I was watching showed the ball over the line. Different angles too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The TV cameras certainly did, which is why I find it hard to believe the multitude of hawk-eye cameras couldn't detect it. Feels like theyre putting forward a bit of a cop-out. Unless what they're saying is if one or two cameras are blocked, the whole system becomes redundant.

Last edited:

skyblue1991

What an awful statement

I think Hawk Eye are just covering themselves. They cannot take responsibility of the linesman or the multiple other cameras in the stadium.

You didn't not need Hawk Eye to see that was a goal, not contentious at all

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread