Football is back!!!! Premier League (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The lino was looking right at it. He was on the line.

Looking like you're paying attention and actually paying attention are different things.

Like I say if it's supposed to be a foolproof system if you signal it's in and the tech says it's not it can make you feel silly. Are assistants even told to flag if it's gone in now there's technology for it?

Paul Anthony

So, the system wasn't working properly. It now is. It seems his watch said it was a goal during half time, according to sky anyway.

If VAR can confirm it, can they not just add the goal on to Sheffield United?

Nick

Administrator
Looking like you're paying attention and actually paying attention are different things.

Like I say if it's supposed to be a foolproof system if you signal it's in and the tech says it's not it can make you feel silly. Are assistants even told to flag if it's gone in now there's technology for it?
Sack him then.

This is the problem with inept officials. They won't be the ones answering to why they didn't see it.

covmark

Why haven't they shown the graphic that shows if it crosses the line?
Yep, the goal or no goal graphic always comes up on a close call. Some twat has definitely forgot to switch it on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Yep, the goal or no goal graphic always comes up on a close call. Some twat has definitely forgot to switch it on.

This is obviously hindsight but does the ref not check it is working? They check goal nets and things like that, would have thought that should be checked as well.

skyblue1991

Funny how nobody wants to comment.

The system wasn't on. The ref has said it's now working and will work the second half.

Imagine if this gives villa a goal.
You're kidding, how did you know the system wasn't in operation?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

covmark

This is obviously hindsight but does the ref not check it is working? They check goal nets and things like that, would have thought that should be checked as well.
You would have thought so. However we all know the level of competence that premier league refs usually show.
No excuse for this mistake. If goal line tech isn't working, some knob in a room is in charge of VAR. Flag it up with the ref?

Marty

Surely the lino saw it so needs to have a word with the ref.

Nick

Administrator
What happens if these officials do a game without technology after they obviously relying on it to watch the game for them?

The lino was bang in line and didn't flag.

covmark

What happens if these officials do a game without technology after they obviously relying on it to watch the game for them?

The lino was bang in line and didn't flag.
Yeah he must have seen it too. The keeper had it behind the post on his side ffs

lifeskyblue

Don’t think the ref at fault...as long as he didn’t forget to turn it on.
But the Lino, Hawkeye and VAR sadly lacking. I much prefer officials to make honest mistakes than the over reliance on poor technology. Scrap VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordan210

You would think as everyone has been banging on about sporting integrity and so on lately. Vila could have let Sheffield score in an empty net

Nick

Administrator
Drinks break, 5 subs.

What's the point in that? Are the players recovering from Corona?

usskyblue

They said here that VAR was working but the keeper somehow shielded the ball from the technology ... what the actual fuck?

Grendel

Was actually off and the ref and Lino didn’t bother doing their jobs.

I thought that they cannot make a decision on goal line technology - I thought the referee has a device that buzzes - if he was told it’s working and there is no buzz he can’t intervene can he?

Users who are viewing this thread