Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 27th Nov (2 Viewers)

CJ_covblaze

Exactly. They should limit the distance on a Tuesday. Places like Wycombe and Oxford would more suited.
Having Bradford, Fleetwood and Blackpool as our midweek away games this season is silly really.

In most cases clubs would rather have the longer distance games on Tuesdays.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would pick Kelly to be honest.

I know Doyle got the attention but I thought Bayliss was really poor on Friday.

He has a lot of ability but he's too much of a pussy to play in central midfield. He bottles so many tackles in an area of the pitch where you can't afford to do that. Perhaps play him where he played last season.

HerneBayGaz

I've got a spare seating ticket. Mate is ill and can't go. If anyone wants it their welcome too it for £10. Pick up on the gate

I think too soon for Sterling......I know Hiwula not been getting rave reviews but who do we bring in?
Think I would go with the following.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Davies CB
Willis CB
Brown LB
Thomas RM
Doyle CM
Bayliss CM
Hiwula LM (I'd still play him for this pace on counter away from home)
JCH ST
Chaplin ST
Subs: LOB, Hyam, Mason, Kelly, Ogogo, Shipley, Bakayoko
Second this

covcity4life

same team other than davies for hyam and sterling for grimmer

jack did have a really good game on weekend though so is hopefully regaining his form

any news on jones?

steve82

8 of Fleetwoods 25 league goals have come from headers so Tom Davies comes back in for me, also with us being away and likely to play a deeper set up I’d trial Hiwula with JCH using Hiwula’s pace and direct running, ball carrying ability down the middle linking the midfield/attackers up.
Might be more productive than Chaplin looking to drop in

--------------Burge-------------
Grimmer--Willis--Davies--Brown
Bayliss--Ogogo--Doyle--Thomas
---------Hiwula----JCH----------

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
8 of Fleetwoods 25 league goals have come from headers so Tom Davies comes back in for me, also with us being away and likely to play a deeper set up I’d trial Hiwula with JCH using Hiwula’s pace and direct running, ball carrying ability down the middle linking the midfield/attackers up.
Might be more productive than Chaplin looking to drop in

--------------Burge-------------
Grimmer--Willis--Davies--Brown
---------Hiwula----JCH----------

Davies man marking Evans?

Madden always seems good against us as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've got a spare seating ticket. Mate is ill and can't go. If anyone wants it their welcome too it for £10. Pick up on the gate
Worth sending a pm to Rob9872, who may well be going, but doesn't have a ticket (see separate thread 'pay on the gate')

Great_Expectations

I would keep the same team as Tuesday.

Peterborough did cause us a few issues at the back, but Toney is one of the better strikers in this league. On the whole Hyam and Willis have looked reassured this season. If Davies was fully fit then I would put him ahead of Hyam, as he misses very little and when he does Willis has the pace to cover. However, there’s no point risking him half fit when Hyam is more than good enough to play there. We are fortunate to have three good L1 CB’s.

Hiwula was also fairly poor on Friday, however it was more a case of being too casual as opposed to anything else. He didn’t hide and got himself into a few good positions - I much prefer that to an anonymous performance. Plus, we have no adequate cover, as I’m not a fan of Ogogo/Doyle combination, and moving Bayliss out wide means we lose all attacking drive through the middle.

Chaplin has been fairly disappointing so far, and I can’t work out if it’s how/where he is being asked to play, or whether he naturally drops there. He tried to over play it too much on Friday too, but I think with more game time he will improve, as will his touch and game awareness.

2-0 City.

steve82

Davies man marking Evans?

Madden always seems good against us as well.

Both Madden and Evans have 3 headed goals each so its a case of be switched on to balls into the box

6 Generations

Apparently they are now known as ‘Joey Barton’s Fleetwood’

As long as we are close to the top six leading into the Christmas fixtures then all is good.

Would love a win but definitely take a point on a cold Tuesday night near Blackpool

Londonccfcfan

Gutted to be missing this game, a bit too far from down here! Especially as we dont have a game after this untill alnost 2 weeks at Walsall.

Definitely winnable, would take a point away from home against another bogie side.

Heart says we are due to score a hatfull. But reckon a dull 1-1 draw. Leaving us with 30 points from 20 games.
Decent start. Lots to look forward to.

steve82

Not confident, feel a 1-0 defeat is on the cards to finish off a tricky November

shmmeee

Jack Grimmer was good value Friday night so he’s done enough to keep his place I’d say.
Left wing is a issue, Jordan Shipley is injured I think from the Cheltenham game and JJ now seems further away from returning to the starting 11 than many realistically think.

The only way you could change the midfield up is this possibly...

Or if Sterling is fit....
Sterling--Bayliss--Doyle--Thomas

I thought Grimmer was poor, but I did miss 30 min of the second half.

covcity4life

I would pick Kelly to be honest.

I know Doyle got the attention but I thought Bayliss was really poor on Friday.

He has a lot of ability but he's too much of a pussy to play in central midfield. He bottles so many tackles in an area of the pitch where you can't afford to do that. Perhaps play him where he played last season.
bayliss had a shaky start but was easily our best player alongside thomas i felt. defo top 3 alongside jch

shmmeee

he had a solid good game imo. was more attacking 2nd half

That may well be the bit I missed (last time I try and put a three year old to bed in the half time break). Also I’d been really impressed with Sterling before his injury so may have had raised expectations.

steve82

I thought Grimmer was poor, but I did miss 30 min of the second half.

No I thought he was good, did a good job.
The useful Marcus Maddison didn’t get much change from him and Maddison drifted out the game having no joy against him

clint van damme

Apparently they are now known as ‘Joey Barton’s Fleetwood’

As long as we are close to the top six leading into the Christmas fixtures then all is good.

Would love a win but definitely take a point on a cold Tuesday night near Blackpool

I now know them as something similar, that fucking moron Joey Bartons Fleetwood.

Esoterica

Fleetwood haven't lost at home in 4 and have only lost twice at home this season in 9 games but they do concede regularly - in 8 of those 9 matches.

Joey Barton must be getting them fired up before the games as they come out the blocks flying in terms of goals scored/conceded but tail off massively in the 2nd half.

upload_2018-11-27_10-27-29.png

Haven't scored an equaliser all season, home or away but have conceded 6 equalisers.
upload_2018-11-27_14-20-32.png

It looks a good match up for us on paper - they are strongest first half where we normally play tighter and then they're weak in the 2H where we score a lot of our goals. Going for 1-2 City.

scottccfc

I think tonight is going to be another Bradford away rather then Blackpool, point to prove with a big gap between this game and Walsall away plus we had the extra day recovery playing on Friday night, im going 3-1 Cov . 3 different goal scorers

covcity4life

Gutted to be missing this game, a bit too far from down here! Especially as we dont have a game after this untill alnost 2 weeks at Walsall.

Definitely winnable, would take a point away from home against another bogie side.

Heart says we are due to score a hatfull. But reckon a dull 1-1 draw. Leaving us with 30 points from 20 games.
Decent start. Lots to look forward to.
we have no game saturday? is it fa cup 2nd round?

Users who are viewing this thread