Flatter to Deceive (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Is it just me or is Matty James distinctly underwhelming?

D

Deleted member 11652

Is it just me or is Matty James distinctly underwhelming?

Our midfield looks far more disjointed without Sheaf than James. Last 2 games been crying out for Allen rather than James. I like James and think he’ll come good though.

cc84cov

Our midfield looks far more disjointed without Sheaf than James. Last 2 games been crying out for Allen rather than James. I like James and think he’ll come good though.
Sheaf too ponderous at times for me he’s steady enough at times...still early days but for me Hamer and James is our best pairing

Sky Blue Harry H

I like him in that he is comfortable on the ball and allows Hamer and O'Hare wander, whilst covering the middle.

Grendel

He’s by definition the highest paid player in the team. He will cost a considerable amount of our budget next season - he’s not a game changer

cc84cov

He’s by definition the highest paid player in the team. He will cost a considerable amount of our budget next season - he’s not a game changer
G this is total nonsense he’s miles ahead of sheaf and Kelly in that role

Grendel

G this is total nonsense he’s miles ahead of sheaf and Kelly in that role

How has that manifested itself on the pitch?

Paxman II

James is producing without uprooting trees and at this point Kelly is a far better player. He has quality and needs to dig in a bit more for 90 minutes. By comparison, Hamer is all energy non stop for 90minutes, as to is O'Hare. Sheaf is not and at times ponders on the ball while still producing some quality moments. Difficult to mix and match. Allen was not given a chance tonight which I find harsh as his last game he made that link between the front two and helped O'Hare a lot, even scored. For 3 at the back we need that high energy in forward positions. Allen should start Saturday and one up top, supported by Allen and O'Hare. Hamer will also come bowling through at times.

Grendel

It doesn't really matter does it G? Because you will argue black is white just to play the c**t and it just devalues any opinion you might hold.

Absurd response - it’s not against the law to say given his apparent pedigree he’s not a huge stand out player and easily could be replaced

Grendel

And its not against the law to suggest that you have long outlived any credibility as a poster

But you hardly ever post so the fact you engage with Grendel as ever shows you as wrong

Samo

But you hardly ever post so the fact you engage with Grendel as ever shows you as wrong

I post as I like.
You post as a compulsive attention seeker.
Were you cuddled much as a child?

Grendel

I post as I like.
You post as a compulsive attention seeker.
Were you cuddled much as a child?

You seem emotional

mark82

Regarding James, thought he played well tonight. Think he's still settling in a bit to be honest, expect to see more from him in the coming weeks. Don't think he's the kind of player that will ever wow you.

stay_up_skyblues

He’s a classy player and plays a key role that is never “game changing”. An upgraded Liam Kelly. Every team needs one and you can see he’s a good one. Would do well to sign him up next season but if he stays fit I think there will be more attractive suitors.

Users who are viewing this thread