Flatter to Deceive (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Is it just me or is Matty James distinctly underwhelming?

Surprised you’ve had as much pelters as you’ve had for this. Don’t think he’s been bad at all but underwhelming isn’t far away from how I’d describe it. Don’t think he’s been noticeably better than Sheaf and thought Sheaf was our best player in the first half, but sometimes people see what they want to see. Or that it’s just a game of opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Not sure that site is entirely accurate. Says we play in League 1 and Dexter Walters, who we released last summer, is being paid double Jobello's £400 a week.

NorthernWisdom

Surprised you’ve had as much pelters as you’ve had for this. Don’t think he’s been bad at all but underwhelming isn’t far away from how I’d describe it. Don’t think he’s been noticeably better than Sheaf and thought Sheaf was our best player in the first half, but sometimes people see what they want to see. Or that it’s just a game of opinions

Sheaf is an odd one. Robins getting cold feet?

KG7

He was a step ahead of everyone, including the OP of this thread by the sound of it.

cc84cov

He's been in and out recently anyway, mind. Send the sacrificial lamb a bit.

I get what Grendel's saying. In an ideal world, you have James in the side. In a world where Biamou and Baka end up the front two, you might have been better off spending the cash elsewhere...
Walker due back
Godden not far
Max good back up
He’s just signed GYO

What else do we expect ? We needed cover for Kelly we’ve got that in James...I don’t think robins will end up signing sheaf

lordy_87

I see where Grendel is coming from, James has been good but has he been better than Kelly? I don't know, definitely think he has a better passing range but Kelly has other qualities being the leader in the middle.

NorthernWisdom

Walker due back
Godden not far
Max good back up
He’s just signed GYO

What else do we expect ? We needed cover for Kelly we’ve got that in James...I don’t think robins will end up signing sheaf
Make up your mind.

We need fit strikers who are actually at the level if we don’t get Godden and walker back soon we’re in trouble as tonight showed we can have al the service in the world we need players who are good at the end of them...

stevefloyd

But you hardly ever post so the fact you engage with Grendel as ever shows you as wrong
I understand where you're coming from he isnt a dynamic player but he does work hard and shows some nice touches but after his injuries of the past msybe he is not 100% fit in mind and body. Liam Kelly doesn't look the same player until he gets his match fitness back too so lets hope James improves as he becomes stronger in himself.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Is it just me or is Matty James distinctly underwhelming?
Whilst I see what James offers, I’m convinced we’re paying 5 figures a week for him. Definitely. Could have been spent on a half decent striker, rather than Gyorkeres who I think is also a waste of money

he’s atop player in his position, but we’d be better with a top striker and an average DM

SleepyGinger

Walker due back
Godden not far
Max good back up
He’s just signed GYO

This years boo boy, was very good tonight and has been for a while.

Philosorapter

No one can unite a forum quite as much as Grendel can.

Magwitch

Let’s remember Gyo is a youngster not a finished article we had a chance in the last month to bring another striker in other than two rookies, we haven’t down to our owner I believe, remember that when people come on here saying she has changed.

superskyblue

He's superb at breaking up play and constantly keeps the ball moving. If you were expecting a box to box 15 goals a season midfielder then yes he's underwhelming. But if you knew anything about what we were signing then he's absolutely delivering. Looks a very good signing and would love him permanently.

Magwitch

He's superb at breaking up play and constantly keeps the ball moving. If you were expecting a box to box 15 goals a season midfielder then yes he's underwhelming. But if you knew anything about what we were signing then he's absolutely delivering. Looks a very good signing and would love him permanently.
I agree with that 100% but imo we should of added another striker other than the young rookie from Rochdale, no sign of Walker or Godden yet and with two games a week for the next month or so that’s a lot of games, I don’t believe Robins hasn’t asked to bring one in but been denied hence keeping Baka rather than letting him go out on loan.

stevefloyd

Let’s remember Gyo is a youngster not a finished article we had a chance in the last month to bring another striker in other than two rookies, we haven’t down to our owner I believe, remember that when people come on here saying she has changed.
Playing the devils advocate, I guess Sisu have a budget and offer it to Robins and co, lets assume they stuck to that budget and like all sensible businesses they played within their means OR Robins chose to invest in the future and got in Reid and Tavares

clint van damme

How much do you think a proven Championship striker costs?
How much do you think Austin and Whelan are on?

clint van damme

How much does the business lose should it be relegated ? I wonder if sisu explain that to their investors.

But they don't work like that and we all know it.
Your insinuation is that by pooling the wages of 2 or 3 inferior players we could bring in a more proven striker but we wouldn't be able to bring in proven Championship quality.

And what if we bring in a high profile striker on big wages and he didn't start banging them in. Robins is going to have an unhappy camp on his hands.

Brighton Sky Blue

But they don't work like that and we all know it.
Your insinuation is that by pooling the wages of 2 or 3 inferior players we could bring in a more proven striker but we wouldn't be able to bring in proven Championship quality.

And what if we bring in a high profile striker on big wages and he didn't start banging them in. Robins is going to have an unhappy camp on his hands.

Too late for any of these debates now including any around James. These are the players we’ve got to work with now and rather than question their signing we need to make them work.

Magwitch

But our situation is what it is unlucky injury wise of course but our striker crisis which shows no sign yet of improving was there to be fixed probably by loaning someone in and of course there’s always a risk signings don’t come off but there was a window to try and do something about it. Now just by Sod’s law one of our remaining four strikers, Bakayoko may be out a week or two with concussion, not that long but could be four games. Still we have to get on with it now and I saw enough last night to believe we have the ability to get the seven or eight wins for survival.

PVA

He was excellent last night.

The fact that Grendel thinks he was underwhelming just reinforces that fact.

Brighton Sky Blue

And it's an ever diminishing group due to injuries. We've had no luck at all this year.

Losing two in one game is a first even for this season. It’s hard not to think someone up there just really doesn’t like us but got to shake that mentality, forget about the last game and get the points from somewhere else.

Though not gonna lie still fuming we’ve lost that.

Users who are viewing this thread