Fisher on Talksport any minute (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Well... the city of London is one square mile.

Brenmtford is a defined place. Brentford is Brentford.

Okay, I'll accept I'm wrong on that one. My only excuse is I failed O level geography :)

Gibbo

6 miles thing. Fisher probably sought clarification regarding a new ground at some stage.
I reckon they would stretch it to 9 (Nuneaton) to keep us in the league, but don't you think no player would join us who was any good, so we end up bust anyway, just slowly. better a quick death and start again

SkyBlueCRJ

6 miles thing. Fisher probably sought clarification regarding a new ground at some stage.
I reckon they would stretch it to 9 (Nuneaton) to keep us in the league, but don't you think no player would join us who was any good, so we end up bust anyway, just slowly. better a quick death and start again

It would certainly make MR's job 10 times harder in the summer if we moved away.

scottccfc

tbf I kind of agree with your general point, I was splitting hairs ;)

Although it's fraught with difficulty. What's acceptable? Brandon? Baginton by Tollbar? Rugby? Shipston on Stour? The Ricoh's barely in the city, after all... but Northampton's a bit off!
Solihull moors are in the process of making their stadium football league standard would that be an option 12miles from the centre of Coventry

Chipfat

Whatever Sisu agreed with the EFL to get the move to NTFC may now have something to do with what the TF is talking about. I maybe wrong but surely EFL put rules in place and time frames for Sisu to abide by. If i remember Sisu had stated land was close to being purchased and a design of the new ground was shown as part of agreement allowing the move out of the city.

My guess is FL were happy to give the owners the chance to put in place what they were told by Sisu as a resolution for the long term plan of the club. They have now lost patience and are now playing within the laws and within what they agreed with Sisu to pressure them in finding the permanent solution.

The FL up until recently have been very passive, but since they told Tim and his partner to stop making statements about " its not the club going to court, but the shareholders" i get the feeling the FL wants to make its stand. They are saying no more time, no more chances its now or they are going to take it out of the owners hands and decide the clubs future within the league.

I think all are waiting for the court ruling and Sisu's reaction to the answer.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Interesting thread.

So basically the real issue with us going out of existence is how tightly the EFL apply their non-existent rules?

That’s possibly the best thing. Rather than targeting theee rather large, unconcerned distant organisations (Wasps/Sisu/CCC), surely it’d be better to target the EFL and the owners of other clubs grounds in the local area?

“GIVE CCFC A PLACE TO STAY”

Would be a totally different feeling if fan driven than Sixfields, hopefully meaning less trouble for the tenant and more fans for CCFC while stuff is sorted.

Later stuff can target Wasps/Sisu for a permanent solution to the ground (“Build a ground”/“Give is a long term deal”). But the immediate focus can be on people that *will* respond to media criticism/MP waffling (the EFL) and who have heart strings to tug (other fans rather than the owners specifically).

Would people get behind a ground share to buy us some time?

NorthernWisdom

Interesting thread.

So basically the real issue with us going out of existence is how tightly the EFL apply their non-existent rules?

That’s possibly the best thing. Rather than targeting theee rather large, unconcerned distant organisations (Wasps/Sisu/CCC), surely it’d be better to target the EFL and the owners of other clubs grounds in the local area?

Would be a totally different feeling if fan driven than Sixfields, hopefully meaning less trouble for the tenant and more fans for CCFC while stuff is sorted.

Later stuff can target Wasps/Sisu for a permanent solution to the ground (“Build a ground”/“Give is a long term deal”). But the immediate focus can be on people that *will* respond to media criticism/MP waffling (the EFL) and who have heart strings to tug (other fans rather than the owners specifically).

Bit of a tough sell among our fanbase!

shmmeee

Bit of a tough sell among our fanbase!

That’s why it is to come from the fans. We could even crowdfund the rent (maybe) to go direct to the landlord.

It’s about the only positive action I can see that might actually have a bearing on whether we have a club next season.

But yeah, tough sell to be sure.

Reactions: vow

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What a load of old shite that was! Just listened back.

“Until we have blood coming out of our eyes” what on earth is that about? SISU agave no emotional connection to the club or the City, even extinction wouldn’t end with blood on their eyes!!

As for Danny Murphy, prick!

Nick

Administrator
What a load of old shite that was! Just listened back.

“Until we have blood coming out of our eyes” what on earth is that about? SISU agave no emotional connection to the club or the City, even extinction wouldn’t end with blood on their eyes!!

As for Danny Murphy, prick!

If he has blood coming out of his eyes I assume he was been sat watching the shooting practise at Ryton.

Gint11

I’m suprised Jim White, when Fisher said “playing at the Ricoh is our only option” didn’t respond with “what about the new stadium Tim? You know the one where you said the club needs to own it’s own ground?”

What happened to that option? Oh yeah Tim, you were talking shite like you’re doing now

Hobo

He's on, just said he's leading a consortium that are buying the club from sisu, an offer has been accepted but it means he becomes full owner.

Thoughts?
Relieved nothing he says has any truth in it.

SkyblueBazza

Actually Danny...practically every CCFC fan already has a copy of '87 & watches it with tears in their eyes, dreaming of what might have been.

If we had played in, & had a good run in Europe in '88 things might have been very very different. Sadly, we will bever know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

So a lot of anticipation, excitement and build up to be let down after 2 minutes.

Doesn't sound familiar at all

Brighton Sky Blue

Actually Danny...practically every CCFC fan already has a copy of '87 & watches it with tears in their eyes, dreaming of what might have been.

If we had played in, & had a good run in Europe in '88 things might have been very very different. Sadly, we will bever know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think now they look at being overtaken by every Tom, Dick and Harry, Lesta winning the PL, Burnley getting into Europe and us wanking over mid table in League 1. English football really isn't complicated if you have half a brain but we've been fighting over the family brain cell for nearly 20 years

Nonleagueherewecome

Will do everything we can til we have blood coming out of our eyes to play in Coventry
I like how you can tell that he has a classical education from the language that he uses. I remember reading about a graphic plague in Roman times in Tacitus which culminated in "bleeding from the eyes" and also of course, Oedipus stabbed his own eyes out with needles. Cos he'd killed his dad and shagged his mum and felt just terrible about it. Not sure that Tim's being allegorical here, but you never know...

shmmeee

If we get kicked from the league would the golden share be taken back?

No one knows. Depends how the EFL are feeling.

Edit: early morning misread that as if we go bust not if we get kicked from the league.

What he says
VVVVVV

Last edited:

Magwitch

Of course it would where does it go if they didn’t ainlt going to run with one less club in the league are they

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting thread.

The needle returns to the start of the song. The owners have had so long to sort it out and haven’t they need to move on if they can’t sort it. It’s tricky for the efl cause they don’t want to allow franchise sport and they want to support the history of the team but how long can they wait for a resolution? The new ground should be ready soon surely

shmmeee

The needle returns to the start of the song. The owners have had so long to sort it out and haven’t they need to move on if they can’t sort it. It’s tricky for the efl cause they don’t want to allow franchise sport and they want to support the history of the team but how long can they wait for a resolution? The new ground should be ready soon surely

The worst thing Sisu have done is make a new ground as running joke. It’s the only realistic way out

Captain Dart

If we get kicked from the league would the golden share be taken back?
It goes to whichever clubs are in the EFL.

So normally whichever club(s) are relegated from L2 to the Vanarama lose theirs and the club(s) promoted to L2 take their place(s) and shares.

If a club was kicked out they would adjust promotion and relegation to suit the situation to maintain 72 clubs in the EFL.

Gynnsthetonic

It goes to whichever clubs are in the EFL.

So normally whichever club(s) are relegated from L2 to the Vanarama lose theirs and the club(s) promoted to L2 take their place(s) and shares.

If a club was kicked out they would adjust promotion and relegation to suit the situation to maintain 72 clubs in the EFL.
Notts County May get a reprieve then!

stevefloyd

To keep playing at the Ricoh is quite imperative, if we have a marquee signing in a little doubt by playing at the Ricoh it may be the decider, of course we have to attract a marquee signing in the first place and hope those egg chasing fucking wankers having fucked the pitch up as per usual

Users who are viewing this thread