Fisher and Waggott are the right men in charge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonleagueherewecome

The praise to Fisher/Waggot is justified, but they can do nothing major without Joy's consent. She deserves just as much credit.

Praise? Credit?!?!? Easy, Gloat Boy! This club is in it's biggest mess for 40 years!

Oh, it was all the previous boards fault, was it?! Well who hired them?

At least you've finally admitted that defending SISU is your "job"! ;)

As far as Fisher and Waggot are concerned-what have they achieved? Nothing but presiding over the relegation of our club and running it like a joke ever since.

They're a hell of a long way of gaining praise off me. They have done fuck all to merit it whatsoever.

CUS Wyken

Praise? Credit?!?!? Easy, Gloat Boy! This club is in it's biggest mess for 40 years!

Oh, it was all the previous boards fault, was it?! Well who hired them?

At least you've finally admitted that defending SISU is your "job"! ;)

As far as Fisher and Waggot are concerned-what have they achieved? Nothing but presiding over the relegation of our club and running it like a joke ever since.

They're a hell of a long way of gaining praise off me. They have done feck all to merit it whatsoever.

Exactly, we've heard all this before why is tonight any different? Our club is 4th bottom of the 3rd tier off football!!! Anyone 'hailing' this as a success should think long and hard about our situation. It's a very troubled time for the club on and off the pitch and Sisu are partly to blame!!! In the space of 1 hour majority of posters have been brainwashed!!! This is why our club is a mess!!!!!!!

Diehard Si

Do you mean selling on players and investing in the club? ;)

It makes me laugh that people seem to think so highly of Ranson. Besides, his plan would never have worked as long as he was in charge of picking the manager.
Well he was signing the likes of Fox, Dann, Westwood and Gunnar. Sell one or 2 in the summer for a big profit and use that money to re-invest and cover some of the losses. As long as there was a steady flow of talent coming in cheaply, being developed and moved on it would work.

Of course then the financial crisis hit, SISU lost there nerve and seemingly pulled the funding for the new signings. Players were sold, but the right players not replacing them.

wingy

Well he was signing the likes of Fox, Dann, Westwood and Gunnar. Sell one or 2 in the summer for a big profit and use that money to re-invest and cover some of the losses. As long as there was a steady flow of talent coming in cheaply, being developed and moved on it would work.

Of course then the financial crisis hit, SISU lost there nerve and seemingly pulled the funding for the new signings. Players were sold, but the right players not replacing them.

And now we're attempting the same but in a division below but without the risk of £7-8m of Sisu money per season be they freebies signed on or from the Academy.

psgm1

Banned
I cannot believe what I am hearing! There are none so blind as those who do not want to see.

They claim that every manager they interviewed said this was a good team! Basically they have picked a shortlist of puppets then! No genuine skillful manager would even pretend this squad is even good enough yet alone capable of promotion!

On relegation day it was a bounce back one season stay - Now it has been extended to 3 years - 3 YEARS in League 1.

How can so many people be so blind to what is going on? Their OWN ACCOUNTS state they have liabilities of over 50 million - yet these are have all miraculously disappeared! This simply does not happen.

This was all for the benefit of the council so they will let them get their grubby mits on the Ricoh!

No one mention about them taking 1/2 million out of the pot. Now they claim losing 250k / month - based on what attendances?

SISU YET AGAIN spout blatant lies and people will fall for it! I have no doubt after tonight, the new manager WILL be a yes man, and Coventry WILL NOT get promotion.

The Bullshit coming from people tonight stinks. So many people are so desperate they will swallow any horse shit SISU will serve them up.

I hate to say it, but if the answer they gave fish/wag is true, then he is GUARANTEED to fail! Yet again an opportunity to move the club forward is going to be missed.

Anyone who believes these 2 morons are the way forward - well the club has finally lost all hope.

This was Very very bad news all round.

Yet again the opportunity to pin down Sisu with genuine awkward questions was foiled by sisus radio commentator Stuart Linell.

Wake up people - SISU are killing this club !

Grendel

I cannot believe what I am hearing! There are none so blind as those who do not want to see.

They claim that every manager they interviewed said this was a good team! Basically they have picked a shortlist of puppets then! No genuine skillful manager would even pretend this squad is even good enough yet alone capable of promotion!

On relegation day it was a bounce back one season stay - Now it has been extended to 3 years - 3 YEARS in League 1.

How can so many people be so blind to what is going on? Their OWN ACCOUNTS state they have liabilities of over 50 million - yet these are have all miraculously disappeared! This simply does not happen.

This was all for the benefit of the council so they will let them get their grubby mits on the Ricoh!

No one mention about them taking 1/2 million out of the pot. Now they claim losing 250k / month - based on what attendances?

SISU YET AGAIN spout blatant lies and people will fall for it! I have no doubt after tonight, the new manager WILL be a yes man, and Coventry WILL NOT get promotion.

The Bullshit coming from people tonight stinks. So many people are so desperate they will swallow any horse shit SISU will serve them up.

I hate to say it, but if the answer they gave fish/wag is true, then he is GUARANTEED to fail! Yet again an opportunity to move the club forward is going to be missed.

Anyone who believes these 2 morons are the way forward - well the club has finally lost all hope.

Yet again the opportunity to pin down Sisu with genuine awkward questions was foiled by sisus radio commentator Stuart Linell.

Interesting view point - so the two morons are gone and you are in charge - what will you do?

@richh87

Haha - the first 3 pages of this thread are hilarious. People having a SISU love-in. Thank you so much SISU for ripping our squad apart and relegating us. Thank you for treating our fans like shit when they protested.

Unbelievable.

CCFC_Charlie

What do people expect? The mythical Chinese men riding over the hill to save the day with their billions of pounds to throw at the club? At least we're showing signs of improvement for fuck sake, but still, people take this as an opportunity to moan.

lordsummerisle

Could have given Coleman a £100million worth of talent and he'd still have been shit.

See Wales for evidence.

CODY!!!

Joy is ever more intrested in CCFC now since relegation. Its her reputation on the line at the moment with the hedge funds ect. Intresting that John Clarke is involved in the Managerial process though. Hopefully he can see it through a fans POV. Heard something intresting on talkSport yesterday, Richard Keys mentioned CCFC and Andy Gray stepped in and said (in a nut shell) that Richard was telling managers who were intrested in being the next manager should walk away because it might be their last job. What type of fan does that numpty think he is?! I heard from a friend close to the club (i know everyone says this, but we will see) says that the most likey to get the job is Sean Dyche. I very much doubt Billy Davies will be given the job from what i was told and Phil Brown wants full control over transfers ectso hes moved down a peg i understood, but is still very much in the running. But, to be honest, i trust Waggot and Fisher. For the sake of this club we've got to back as much of this club as we can. I think Sunday was a show of that when i looked to the right of me and noone else was on that row and to the left of me was 2 other people. Very sad.

Diehard Si

If it is Dyche I'll be bloody annoyed as was trying to put a bet on him at 66-1 but couldn't find it on Bet Victor anywhere.

Diehard Si

True there are those that have reacted warmly to this, perhaps a little too much, but they can see these guys are trying. Fisher and Waggott didn't cause this mess remember.

But there are also those so blinded by hatred and rage that they reject on sight everything said to them without ever actually listening.

I mean did you actually listen to this? There are so many holes in your argument I could drain pasta with it.

If you listened to the explanation of the debt you would understand that. Or read it from the various posts in here.

They've reduced losses also by slashing the wage bill. Surely you noticed 8 or so players on champ wages leaving? Replaced by 10 much lower paid players.

Also a lot of people firmly disagree with your opinion of the squad.

They also didn't say 3 years in league 1, it was a 3 year business plan with year 1 being promotion .

I'm still as sceptical of them and SISU as the next guy, but if you are going to attack them on that statement at least listen to it first before going off at those that understood it more and calling them blind.

@richh87

Every year we get someone new telling lies - and it means that they can always say "it wasn't my fault" and be given a fresh start. Think of the amount of people who've come and gone since SISU arrived - it's mental.

They might be telling the truth, but Christ be cautious - this lot have us in the League 1 relegation zone. Let's not put statues of them alongside Jimmy just yet eh!

Grendel

Every year we get someone new telling lies - and it means that they can always say "it wasn't my fault" and be given a fresh start. Think of the amount of people who've come and gone since SISU arrived - it's mental.

They might be telling the truth, but Christ be cautious - this lot have us in the League 1 relegation zone. Let's not put statues of them alongside Jimmy just yet eh!

I don't think it's fisher and waggot who have us in the relegation zone. That is the consequence of a failed manager and his players.

kingharvest

No-one is doing that - but everyone is sick
of the negativity and realises that so long as that negativity exists, we'll continue to fail on and off the pitch. We will only be successful if people get behind what the club say they're trying to achieve.

Yes that involves trust, and that's something that's hard for some to do given the last 15 years.

But surely you realise that whilst this club remains in this poisonous place between fans, owners, board, manager and players, that we'll continue to fail?

@richh87

I don't think it's fisher and waggot who have us in the relegation zone. That is the consequence of a failed manager and his players.

Who appoints Managers and sells all half decent players at knock down prices?

Who loaned Connor Thomas to Liverpool when we had no midfield in order to entice the purchase of a young star?

The blame lies squarely at SISU's door. We needn't have been relegated last year - but they absolutely ripped the squad apart.

Perhaps we do need to back the club and do our best to support - but while doing that never forget why we're in this shit division.

lordsummerisle

Who loaned Connor Thomas to Liverpool when we had no midfield in order to entice the purchase of a young star?

The blame lies squarely at SISU's door. We needn't have been relegated last year - but they absolutely ripped the squad apart.

Perhaps we do need to back the club and do our best to support - but while doing that never forget why we're in this shit division.

Think that Conor Thomas had made two appearances(one as a sub) for us before being loaned to Liverpool, where unfortunately he wasn't even good enough for the proflifigate Kenny Dalglish to spend a fortune on.

Do people want our good young players graduating from the Academy to play for the first team or not?

If they get sold or moved on "it's a disgrace to sell our young talent, bloody Sisu", if they are playing in the team "it's a disgrace that we're playing our young talent bloody Sisu".

Should we just have them placed into some sort of enviro-dome, never to be allowed out to play?

Sky Blue Sheepy

I've only read pages 1 & 6, but sounds like these 2 are talking reasonable and honestly which is refreshing. Never had a problem with Waggot, though was a little skeptical of Fisher, mostly from comments on here. Lets hope their good comments translate to the pitch!

WestEndAgro

Well if this is indeed the case, let's see what appointment they make, because most of the names mentioned are absolutely comical.
Remember their own criteria, that just about rules out everyone mentioned, perhaps they have a real dark horse up their sleeve that no one has mentioned.

AFCCOVENTRY

But Thomas going to Liverpool on loan and not letting Thorn sign players last summer had nothing to do with fisher and waggott.

Fisher last night fired a shot at Ken deluded as to why he didn't let thorn sign anyone. Plus why did Ken mortgage ryton and secure a loan against season ticket money.

skyblueinBaku

I listened to some of the forum on line. Yes, Fisher and Waggott both sounded open and truthful and didn't seem to be trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. But they always sound like that (as do politicians). For me, it's a bit too early for a love in with them. I'll wait and see what develops. In the meantime, I remain sceptical.

Last edited:

covcity4life

people say fisher and waggot are telling lies like all those before them but noones stopping to realise that they are saying everything we fans have been going ona bout for the last 5 years.

for once we have a board who speak sense and are more in tune with the fans and blatant problems the club has

thats not a sisu love in,its just acceptance that things could improve under these 2

skyblueman

Talk is Cheap....

Still not convinced about Fisher ... he's been around a while and his tenure has so far been dire...

Results are what's required, I will judge him and the board on these and these alone

Grendel

Talk is Cheap....

Still not convinced about Fisher ... he's been around a while and his tenure has so far been dire...

Results are what's required, I will judge him and the board on these and these alone

Talk is cheap from both sides.

Supporters who complain from the sidelined but contribute no revenue to the club have to accept the consequences for the club will be negative.

The people on here who bleat that they will not go while SISU are in charge are doing the cub no favours.

It's certainly cheaper than paying and supporting.

skyblueman

Supporters who complain from the sidelined but contribute no revenue to the club have to accept the consequences for the club will be negative.

The people on here who bleat that they will not go while SISU are in charge are doing the cub no favours.

I agree Grendal - those of us that do contribute are entitled very much to an opinion - I'm not being negative but the current position of the club remains very poor and the only thing that will convince me personally that it's turning around will be based on facts - performances and financials

I hate to say this but they were quite open with their answers and I actually reckon they are the right people in charge of the day to day operations in our current state.

Interesting how Fisher said Ken Tango man didn't support Thorn with players.

Also Iggy has gone... left SISU (for cocking up this side of the business). He was in charge for SISU at CCFC. Joy Seppala is picking up the pieces.

All very interesting.

I have some faith they will pick the right man.

Looked on internet for Joy Victoria Seppala age 48 - looks good - a blond cutie even - can't imagine her being ruthless but looks do deceive

Great picture but i don't know how to import images to SBT (being an old git)

torchomatic

Couldn't agree more. It's like the abusing players and moaning when they react nonsense.

It's much easier to support a team when they're doing well, not so easy when times are tough. That's when teams need their supporters more than ever.

Sky Blues

My opinion is Fisher and Waggott probably went into that forum with an objective. They say they want to build a winning ethos around the club and I think part of their mission yesterday was to try to get more fans on board with that was?

There was still some spin (Fisher was rather evasive on what really happens if the three year plan fails to see promotion this year) but there were also a fair few blunt answers too. They revealed some details without really being pressed initially to do so. The Igwe bit sounded like they wanted to offer it up.

I think they want to project an appearance that there has been a fresh start this summer and the timing of this forum was good for that with a new manager expected in next week. I think they were trying to use the forum to reset the relationship with the fans. Classic moves: apologise for previous mistakes, highlight which person or persons have taken the fall for it, explain you've learned from the mistakes and try to encourage everyone left to rally round now.

wingy

Looked on internet for Joy Victoria Seppala age 48 - looks good - a blond cutie even - can't imagine her being ruthless but looks do deceive

Great picture but i don't know how to import images to SBT (being an old git)

Someone give this old boy an online tutorial for our mutual benefit ,sounds like a bit of a Milf.;)

Sick Boy

They tried to pick up the pieces after KD but couldn't pull it off, they have already got us moving in the right direction with the removal of Thorn. We were out of the bottom 3 on the 31st of March and didn't win for the rest of the season, even when we played our relegation rivals. I guess that is Fisher's & Waggot's fault as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread