Fisher and Waggott are the right men in charge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We were out of the bottom 3 on the 31st of March and didn't win for the rest of the season, even when we played our relegation rivals. I guess that is Fisher's & Waggot's fault as well. :D

They, or their employers, weren't able to bring in sufficient loan quality to put us on a level-footing with our relegation contemporaries; such as Bristol City, who brought in 8 players, or Forest - who via Cotterill admitted the importance of bringing in fresh faces with greater depth at that critical, critical time:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/ch...l-hails-forests-loan-signings_2293322_2718770

Sick Boy

We probably have still surrendered...the 2-0 defeat at Doncaster said it all, absolutely pathetic.

It is not the fault of Fisher & Waggot that we have not won in the league since 31st March...the manager and players that he signed have to take the blame.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We probably have still surrendered...the 2-0 defeat at Doncaster said it all, absolutely pathetic.

It is not the fault of Fisher & Waggot that we have not won in the league since 31st March...the manager and players that he signed have to take the blame.

They did not manage to bring in as many reinforcements as the clubs we were competing against. That has a physical advantage and a psychological boost for everyone.

Their performance in bringing in loan players was not as good as our peers. As such, they failed at their job just as much as Thorn did. And the two are inter-related. Ignore both stories and only major on the one smacks of myopia

skyblueman

So far Fisher has not achieved anything - club is in the lowest position in living memory - revenue at all-time low, losses are still huge compared to turnover - yes there has been work behind the scenes but none of it has had any significant impact on our decline

Looks like he's got this season at least to make a go of it and I for one wish him the best of luck - but I won't be swayed by slick talking - results please Mr Fisher - I'll continue to do my bit by supporting with my money - I expect you to do yours

Grendel

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Please don't turn this into another anti-Thorn thread.

I have a firm view as to whether the management team supported the manager last season, especially when the chips were down, as well as their contemporaries at clubs similarly placed in the table. And this is opposed to some of the glowing references I've seen on here after one slick press-conference last night.

I think they let the club down then, entering the summer's transfer market under embargo meaning we missed out on our prime targets meant they let the club down again, and being indecisive with the manager and sacking him three games into the new season summed to one more let down.

For me, since the turn of the year, they're miles away from earning the plaudits I've seen lavished here in recent hours

Sick Boy

When did Fisher & Waggot come into the club? When did Dulieu leave?

The only criticism I have of them is not getting rid of Thorn at the end of last season. Not trying to turn it into an anti-Thorn thread but it makes me angry that his legacy could be felt at the club for quite a while.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

When did Fisher & Waggot come into the club? When did Dulieu leave?

The only criticism I have of them is not getting rid of Thorn at the end of last season. Not trying to turn it into an anti-Thorn thread but it makes me angry that his legacy could be felt at the club for quite a while.

Fisher was appointed late last year, with his directorship beng filed on January 4th of this year. Almost immediately, he drafted in Waggott, as reported in the CET on 31st December: 'Former Charlton chief executive Steve Waggott, who knows City’s interim managing director Tim Fisher from their time at The Valley, has been brought in on a temporary basis to help deal with player and transfer matters'

I personally would say I would have been understanding if they'd have canned Thorn at the end of last season - disappointed but understanding. However, I don't think that F&W as a team did as well as they could in January, missed out on transfer targets due to embargo over the summer, and cheated us out of a full pre-season with a new manager building his own squad if that was their true intent. So, yes, there's a legacy - but not tha of one man in my book.

If Waggott was brought in on a temporary basis, with the remit as described in the CET, then if I had been asked to judge him as quickly as he judged Thorn this season, then I'd have been saying post-January window that I couldn't have understood his his 'temporary' position become permanent. Hence my accusations of a whiff of hypocrisy being in the air

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think that Conor Thomas had made two appearances(one as a sub) for us before being loaned to Liverpool, where unfortunately he wasn't even good enough for the proflifigate Kenny Dalglish to spend a fortune on.

Do people want our good young players graduating from the Academy to play for the first team or not?

If they get sold or moved on "it's a disgrace to sell our young talent, bloody Sisu", if they are playing in the team "it's a disgrace that we're playing our young talent bloody Sisu".

Should we just have them placed into some sort of enviro-dome, never to be allowed out to play?
Come one surely even you are not that stupid, are you?
The idea is to bring them in slowly over a few years whilst you develop them further, like we did with Turner, Cameron and Clarke. We slowly bought them into the first team picture over a few years

Not just to go from academy player to key first team member because of lack of options. If that is how you are bringing your youth through then you are doing it wrong

Mucca Mad Boys

Come one surely even you are not that stupid, are you?
The idea is to bring them in slowly over a few years whilst you develop them further, like we did with Turner, Cameron and Clarke. We slowly bought them into the first team picture over a few years

Not just to go from academy player to key first team member because of lack of options. If that is how you are bringing your youth through then you are doing it wrong

Cameron - awful
Clarke - doesn't start very often
Turner - I'll give you that one

However:

Christie - has flourished, started from a young age, and has started consistently bar injury.
Bigi - thrown into the deep end - as we know, now at NUFC
Thomas - I'm convinced that last yar would've been his year had it not been for injury.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fisher was appointed late last year, with his directorship beng filed on January 4th of this year. Almost immediately, he drafted in Waggott, as reported in the CET on 31st December: 'Former Charlton chief executive Steve Waggott, who knows City’s interim managing director Tim Fisher from their time at The Valley, has been brought in on a temporary basis to help deal with player and transfer matters'

I personally would say I would have been understanding if they'd have canned Thorn at the end of last season - disappointed but understanding. However, I don't think that F&W as a team did as well as they could in January, missed out on transfer targets due to embargo over the summer, and cheated us out of a full pre-season with a new manager building his own squad if that was their true intent. So, yes, there's a legacy - but not tha of one man in my book.

If Waggott was brought in on a temporary basis, with the remit as described in the CET, then if I had been asked to judge him as quickly as he judged Thorn this season, then I'd have been saying post-January window that I couldn't have understood his his 'temporary' position become permanent. Hence my accusations of a whiff of hypocrisy being in the air

No, I disagree, we did well in the transfer market this season, the embargo prevented us from signing James Collins (the Cov lad) but if we had signed him, would we have signed McG and then Clarke? Both are better than Collins. As for that Donny midfielder, that was a blow, but then again, we still signed Fleck and Barton (all scored 3 goals, but Fleck has double assists) so on the face of it, you could argue that we were better off - but I don't know how that CM plays etc. so I don't really know, we also don't know if was a choice between them or we would've signed all 3.

Without turning this into another Thorn thread, he deserved the sack, yes he got 3 draws which, in fairness, appears to be harsh, BUT, it was the manner in which we drew all 3 games, they all showed the same trends as last season, take the lead, then lose it, we were incapable of holding leads, something very common in Thorn's reign, also, the team looked unfit, we looked poor for large periods of the games, and it was clear that Thorn was failing with a "handpicked squad", a good one as we seen in Robins' reign. I think it was decisive action from SISU and have us an opportunity to salvage the season, some would said it was too late after Shaw's reign but that simply isn't true, when we beat Bournemouth at home, they were below us and Eddie Howe had effectively won the title, only for that late Donny goal - Robins could've, probably should've done better. I think this season could've been a whole lot worse if we would've gave Thorn even 10 games, up to Christmas or the whole season! Players like Cody and Hussey who were key to Thorn's plans were this season proven not good enough - despite what the majority of us thought, including myself. Also, if I'm really going to put salt into the wounds, I think Thorn shouldve signed wingers in pre-season, but he only signed players for the diamond system, without considering a 'Plan B', so his successors had to do with McSheffrey and Baker as wingers, Baker is a hit and miss winger, and I personally think he was too inconsistent this season, but was awesome for the November/December under MR, but before and after - nowhere near as good. As for McSheffrey, 1 goal all season (in L1) says it all - not good enough, even I, one of is biggest critics, expected much better.

In January, the priority was to keep the 'big 4', we kept 3/4 and lets be realistic, McG was never going to stay, I thought he was but in hindsight, I can't believe how naive I and others were, but at least we replaced him with a striker who has been just as effective as him (but not as good, but the best realistic option). This year, it is unreasonable to criticise SISU's transfer policy, it was really good last season.

wingy

Sure there is stuff in here where people believe we cleared the mortgage and now own Ryton

Put OSB in the box and search his posts probably around march last year when the Debenture was put on .

Edit ;- The mortgage taken out twice was repaid twice without any doubt then the Debenture was put on.

Last edited:

RegisWinner

Sisu can't even file the accounts on time, not just once. - leading to a suspension in the transfer market.
Is this a way to run a football team?

colin101

Sad to say but I will not go and watch Coventry if we play our home games in some foreign land.
From reading this thread it appears people have short memories about SISU.
Well if you have been swayed good luck to you, I haven't and cannot wait for the day when Fisher gets out of the club along with his cronies and SISU

dongonzalos

Colin this is an old thread to shine some light about whether we own Ryton.

Most who expressed support of Tim in this thread have changed their stance to be fair.

Ashdown1

You can see the desperation in some posters here to want to believe in SISU, to want to believe in Fisher just because they cannot for the life of them come up with another plan on a Saturday. They have no ethics whatsoever and have the basic morals of an alley cat. I'm sorry but it all utterly stinks and people are blatantly too thick to see through their ugly lies yet again. To those people I say you deserve everything you get, all the boot prints, all the bullshit and all the misery that will follow as you trudge off to fuck knows where to support SISU FC !!
Idiots !

Grendel

You can see the desperation in some posters here to want to believe in SISU, to want to believe in Fisher just because they cannot for the life of them come up with another plan on a Saturday. They have no ethics whatsoever and have the basic morals of an alley cat. I'm sorry but it all utterly stinks and people are blatantly too thick to see through their ugly lies yet again. To those people I say you deserve everything you get, all the boot prints, all the bullshit and all the misery that will follow as you trudge off to feck knows where to support SISU FC !!
Idiots !

We're you Ashdown without the 1 on GMK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread