First 3 names on teamsheet (1 Viewer)

Nuskyblue

Shows the difference between this and last season.

We had two nailed on
Vik, Gus.

Third would be arguable.
I'd have sheaf, equally you could have Fadz or Doyle.

This season its all a bit hmmm and meehhh.

For me Sakamoto, Wright. I think they look like doing something. They would make the oppo worry.

For spot three... dunno, Kitching has been decent. Simms has a shout but I'm factoring what I think he can do and the fact he is for us a very expensive forward.

It's less cut and dried. You'd expect that when you loose a striker that is worth north of 40mil (with a contract>1 year) and a top notch box to box midfielder.

Frostie

Think Sheaf is likely interchangeable with Eccles, don't know if it's backed up by stats or other, but I seem to recall one successful spell where he was absent?
Yeah absolutely. I am a big fan of Eccles & he's probably POTY so far but I don't think we will always need both of them.

wingy

Yeah absolutely. I am a big fan of Eccles & he's probably POTY so far but I don't think we will always need both of them.
Me neither, that's why I raised the question about the long-term vision for Sheaf or whether there's any potential there for cashing in?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Question came up in pub last night - this season who's your first 3 names on the team sheet (assuming all players fit if it helps)?
Harry Kane.
Erling Haaland.
Jude Bellingham.

Surely that forward line would get us some goals. 😂😂😂

mmttww

Breen
Breen
Breen
Mr T Dancing GIF

suffolkskyblue24

Sheaf is obviously struggling for consistency in the current set up/squad but has shown he is a class act at this level and would be first on my team sheet.

Bidwell remains a solid reliable defender who loves marauding up the pitch (if only he could cross a ball more accurately) and deserves to be in the top three. If only he had a song!

As many have said third pick is trickier. There are definite arguments for Kitching but will plumb for Wright on the basis that he oh so slowly seems to be finding his feet and surely there must be a player in there somewhere we are yet to see.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sheaf is the only one I would confidently say

As the season goes on I suspect MVE and Kitching will join him.

Can't believe some people are saying Allen

stevefloyd

Based who I would rather have it would be
Sheaf has done a lot of work trying to cover the whole of midfield
Bidwell much much better than jds
Collins better so far than Wilson

Eccles has done well but not our answer
Allen is too lightweight
Ayari is still on his summer holidays
Godden ...pointless

stupot07

I like Eccles but still have sheaf ahead of him

Sheaf is prone to lack of attention though which stops him being elite
Yeah I agree with that. Sheaf is a class act, he's not had the best season but you can see he's trying to do both his role and Hamers, which is why he's getting forward more, driving more with the ball, but also having to cover more of the pitch.

Eccles is having a decent season, but doesn't have the same range of passing. He's also a bit more all action than Sheaf, so looks better on the eye especially when we're struggling. A lot of Sheaf's work can go unnoticed, and some only see the odd occasion he gives the ball away. That doesn't mean Eccles isn't good or isn't having a good season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

By default it’s Eccles, Sheaf and Allen because there’s nobody else to play central midfield

Sick Boy

I am sure there were a couple on Sky when he was judged to be motm. I also remember we suffered massively when he went off against Huddersfield.

Like Eccles he is not fashionable on here but the reality is that our problems lie elsewhere.
The reality is that he’s hardly ever fit enough to play.

stupot07

I am sure there were a couple on Sky when he was judged to be motm. I also remember we suffered massively when he went off against Huddersfield.

Like Eccles he is not fashionable on here but the reality is that our problems lie elsewhere.
Are you talking about this season Or last season? Just out of interest?

stupot07

The reality is that he’s hardly ever fit enough to play.
Just looking back at his appearances in the championship

2020/21 - 23 apps
2021/22 - 16 apps
2022/23 - 10 apps
2023/24 - 8 apps

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I don’t agree - where would you say our problems lie if not in midfield?

Kelly is poor and I would say fourth in the pecking order behind Sheaf, Lati, Eccles, and Eccles is arguably a less complete replacement for Sheaf rather than a partner, so we’re at least one midfielder light…

I’d suggest midfield is exactly where our problems lie, and if we’re sold on playing Kelly, Allen and even Eccles all season we may as well all go home now

Users who are viewing this thread