First 3 names on teamsheet (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

I don’t agree - where would you say our problems lie if not in midfield?

Kelly is poor and I would say fourth in the pecking order behind Sheaf, Lati, Eccles, and Eccles is arguably a less complete replacement for Sheaf rather than a partner, so we’re at least one midfielder light…

I’d suggest midfield is exactly where our problems lie, and if we’re sold on playing Kelly, Allen and even Eccles all season we may as well all go home now
Attacking midfield (until or unless O'Hare gets up to speed) and forwards, as we only have three and our current formation includes three. Of those three Simms needs time, Wright maybe also to a lesser extent and Godden is out of form.

By the way Latibeaudiere is not a midfielder. I like him but not there. Kelly isn't poor but he is rarely fit.

Last edited:

ptr

Pure madness btw if you haven’t got Sheaf. First name on the teamsheet bar none.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Attacking midfield (until or unless O'Hare gets up to speed) and forwards, as we only have three and our current formation includes three. Of those three Simms needs time, Wright maybe also to a lesser extent and Godden is out of form.

By the way Latibeaudiere is not a midfielder. I like him but not there. Kelly isn't poor but he is rarely fit.
ok, but the options in attacking midfield (10
I assume you mean?) haven’t got worse since last season, and arguably (if you include Sakamoto) have improved, so I have to say I don’t agree with you there…

In terms of strikers, again if you include Tats we’ve actually got better options in terms of numbers, particularly if Tavares can show something if and when he returns to the fold, but I would agree we could do with a proven championship goal scorer, but then so could every team in this league - I suppose the only difference being we have apparently got some money behind us to tempt clubs and players.

Surely though given we’ve still not replaced Hamer we are desperately short in midfield,’and particularly given there’s nobody seemingly capable of playing threatening balls to the strikers, similar to Gus last year?

In terms of Latibeaudiere, I think he’s definitely able to do a job as a CDM, which would allow Sheaf a bit more freedom, confidence, call it whatever you want, to push forward a bit more. He plays there for his country and when I’ve seen him he hasn’t looked out of place, and I’d say arguably better as an out and out defensive midfielder than Eccles (who is too similar to, but not as accomplished as, Sheaf), and definitely better, sharper, quicker etc than Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread