First 3 names on teamsheet (1 Viewer)

ccfcricoh

Question came up in pub last night - this season who's your first 3 names on the team sheet (assuming all players fit if it helps)?

It came up because last season was pretty obvious for all of us but his season it seemed much harder, dont know if its a good thing because we have spread our quality around the squad more, or a bad thing because we have less of it!

Last seasons unanimous winners were:
1 - Hamer
2 - Gyokeres
3 - Fadz

This season we couldn't agree, all of the below were mentioned though:

Sheaf
Kitching
MVE
Allen
Wright
Godden
Collins
Bidwell
Eccles

Feels like a lack of match winners to me!

Boicey

I think this thread is code for after spending £m’s we haven’t got any players you could remotely describe as ‘good’.

skybluecam

First one is probably Sheaf, but after that you can make a case for 5 or 6 players.

Probably one of our biggest problems, we don't have anyone I would particularly describe as being in good form right now.

SkyblueTexan

Howley
Tavares
Obikwu

Might explain why we are having such a lousy season since they haven’t played at all.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Sheaf is the only real player I think 'has' to start then I think there's a fairly big gap to others. My next two would probably be Kitching and MvE. Kitching has a chance to solidify his place in the team for the foreseeable and Milan is more based I'm not a huge fan of the other option(s) at right back. Both are based on the very recent past though and could be different if you asked me in a months time.

PVA

I think Sheaf and Eccles have to be in there almost by default, because the drop off from them to next in line (Kelly) is sharper than pretty much any other player in any other position.

Then it's a toss up between Kitching and Wright for me.

stupot07

Sheaf is the only one you definitely know has to play based on ability, and therefore will be the first name on the team sheet. And we're not even seeing the best of him as it looks like he's trying to do Hamers role as well as his own at the minute.

Based solely on the current form and availability the other two for me would be Bidwell, and Wright

But it's very much

1. Sheaf
2. Wright
3. Bidwell

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Based on performance this season and not blind favouritism, as it stands:

Kitching, Eccles, Sakamoto

Sheaf has made most people's teams but he isn't even head and shoulders above Eccles. It's a shame none of our expensive strikers have made this list either!
Sheaf is on most people's list because he's the best central midfielder we have so is pretty much assured of a starting spot.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Most people don't agree

That's ok, it is a free country. They are both good players.

Eccles has had a better season for me, and is very underappreciated by a lot of fans. On the other side I think Sheaf is continuously overrated. Whilst he is a good player, there are some that more or less copy and paste him for man of the match regardless of performance, and have this inability to recognise when he isn't playing well. You can also see whenever one of them makes a mistake, the attitudes towards each player are often different.

covcity4life

That's ok, it is a free country. They are both good players.

Eccles has had a better season for me, and is very underappreciated by a lot of fans. On the other side I think Sheaf is continuously overrated. Whilst he is a good player, there are some that more or less copy and paste him for man of the match regardless of performance, and have this inability to recognise when he isn't playing well. You can also see whenever one of them makes a mistake, the attitudes towards each player are often different.
I like Eccles but still have sheaf ahead of him

Sheaf is prone to lack of attention though which stops him being elite

skyblue_55

The first post “ unanimous winners “
Hamer
Vik
Fadz

now we haven’t got a decent spine to our team , which is what a team is/should be built on

Users who are viewing this thread