Film Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

fellatio_Martinez

Judy - 6/10

Typical Oscar grab biopic deal. Loads of self loathing and drama but I felt that it didn't offer any real emotional punch because it was wall to wall dreariness and pain and the ending felt very Hollywood and contrived. Renee Zellweger definitely devoted herself to the role but I just don't like her as an actress so I my rating might be effected by that.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We along with Steven hawking share the same birthday ( 8/01) feel a bit short changed if I’m honest
Happy belated birthday you legends

Sky_Blue_Daz

Still maintain there is not a bloke alive who wouldn’t want to be elvis during his 68 comeback

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

he killed snoke!
I mean like it just sort of happened, the problem for me was that it didn’t build onto the force awakens - Snoke was effectively a nothing character, although I feel it will make more sense after RoS based on snippets I’ve heard.

I may look at the Last Jedi more favourably. It was kind of like The last Bond film for me - it just kind of built up to a final scene before just ending

covcity4life

I mean like it just sort of happened, the problem for me was that it didn’t build onto the force awakens - Snoke was effectively a nothing character, although I feel it will make more sense after RoS based on snippets I’ve heard.

I may look at the Last Jedi more favourably. It was kind of like The last Bond film for me - it just kind of built up to a final scene before just ending
ROS speeds through to resolution from the get go so you will have no issues there

fellatio_Martinez

Apart from some terrible acting by the guy
who gets killed about half an hour in
I enjoyed it.

8/10

Knives Out

A very old fashioned but intriguing film. It probably tried to be a bit too clever for its own good at times and Daniel Craig's deep south American accent was bewildering. The perfect film for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

7.5/10

fellatio_Martinez

The Lighthouse.

Two men trapped in a lighthouse with loads of booze, pent up aggression, sexual tension and growing madness. I really enjoyed this. The performances by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson are brilliant. It's like nothing I've ever seen.

9/10

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The Lighthouse.

Two men trapped in a lighthouse with loads of booze, pent up aggression, sexual tension and growing madness. I really enjoyed this. The performances by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson are brilliant. It's like nothing I've ever seen.

9/10

Where did you watch it? Doesn't seem to be showing in Coventry. My sister really wants to go and watch it cos it sounds similar to the Flannan Isle lighthouse story, which is the basis of a computer game she enjoyed playing.

fellatio_Martinez

Where did you watch it? Doesn't seem to be showing in Coventry. My sister really wants to go and watch it cos it sounds similar to the Flannan Isle lighthouse story, which is the basis of a computer game she enjoyed playing.

I downloaded it.

giphy.gif

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Film 4 tomorrow 9pm. Hidden Figures. Great film about the role of black female scientists in 1950/60s USA during the space race and the difficulty they had in being recognised due to the racism so blatent at the time. Without them, the yanks wouldn't have got to the moon when they did. Inspirational it certainly is.

Marty

Film 4 tomorrow 9pm. Hidden Figures. Great film about the role of black female scientists in 1950/60s USA during the space race and the difficulty they had in being recognised due to the racism so blatent at the time. Without them, the yanks wouldn't have got to the moon when they did. Inspirational it certainly is.

I wanted to watch this when it was first released but forgotten the name of it and couldn't quite get the correct search on google, looking forward to watching it.

fellatio_Martinez

They never went to the moon though.

giphy.gif

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The Lighthouse.

9/10
Sounds good. Willem Dafoe is always bloody excellent. Alas , not on Netflix and "currently not available" on Amazon (which means it might be soon, unless I've missed it.)

Users who are viewing this thread