Female commentators (2 Viewers)

speedie87

The standard of commentating these days is getting worse.

Bold on Cardiff match couldn’t even work out it wasn’t a goal even when Cardiff had taken a free kick from own area, rather than there being a kick off

baldy

Always liked Mottie and Barry Davies. Not so keen on the radio commentators (especially Alan Green) although there job is a bit harder because you cant see what they are trying to describe.

You've gotta be kidding...Motson's so doddery nowadays the way he commentates & don't even get me started on that stupid little nervy laugh he does all the time as well as that tired old footage of him wearing his shit sheepskin coat...piss off Motty

JonSilletBang

Had to mute Motd on three occasions this afternoon watching it back. They are all fooking awful. Token gestures like Manish Basin or whatever his name is. The beeb try to rise above the sterotypes, and the male majority of its motd customer base. They need to realise that no-one is interested in womens football, or the African Cup of Nations. Just stop. Self righteous nimby inclusive twats.

Dazmataz

Had to mute Motd on three occasions this afternoon watching it back. They are all fooking awful. Token gestures like Manish Basin or whatever his name is. The beeb try to rise above the sterotypes, and the male majority of its motd customer base. They need to realise that no-one is interested in womens football, or the African Cup of Nations. Just stop. Self righteous nimby inclusive twats.
I hope that this is a poor attempt at humour

Otis

I would say a good commentator is a good commentator.

Plenty of crap male ones, so why not a good female one and they must exist.

Men can open their mouths, some have brains and 99% of them can talk. Women can open their mouths, some have brains and 99% of them can talk.

The female reporters on SSN all seem to know what they are talking about, so why would they not be able to extend that reporting to a commentary level?

covmark

Jesus fucking wept

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Have you just woke up from a coma that started 40 years ago?

Hobo

I would say a good commentator is a good commentator.

Plenty of crap male ones, so why not a good female one and they must exist.

Men can open their mouths, some have brains and 99% of them can talk. Women can open their mouths, some have brains and 99% of them can talk.

The female reporters on SSN all seem to know what they are talking about, so why would they not be able to extend that reporting to a commentary level?

Gabby Yorath is an excellent presenter.

Liquid Gold

Loving all of your replies. Of course, those who are not replying are the ones who wholeheartedly agree. It's a bit like brexit, the majority voted for it, the minority whine about it.
You’re not the silent majority, you’re the backwards idiots. Plenty of reasonable people voted Brexit and would be ashamed of your comments.

Otis

I must admit it does sound different and perhaps a little excitable but it is a refreshing change.
I don't know who it is but there is also a male commentator who sounds different to the normal male commentator.
Maybe he used to be a male commentator but now isn't.

Grendel

He probably thinks women are his underlings, they are there to make his tea?

He’s probably trying to find Love Thy Neighbour or The Comedians on the TV and wondering why they aren’t there anymore

Hobo

He’s probably trying to find Love Thy Neighbour or The Comedians on the TV and wondering why they aren’t there anymore

The wind has obviously changed direction from a few days ago when underlings and tea making was all the rage with bosses at JLR.

Grendel

The wind has obviously changed direction from a few days ago when underlings and tea making was all the rage with bosses at JLR.

No not at all. That’s not racist or xenophobia is it. I’m still waiting for my tea by the way. Can you get me a biscuit while you are at it.

Grendel

Going back to the subject Alison Mitchell is an enjoyable listen in a very male dominated arena.

87mint

Sorry, but they sound just wrong. To me they have just learnt the phrases to use from a text book and dont actually understand what they are describing. I know its not PC but I just cant take them seriously.

Can we delete this thread?

Some people genuinely shouldn't be allowed opinions

Hobo

No not at all. That’s not racist or xenophobia is it. I’m still waiting for my tea by the way. Can you get me a biscuit while you are at it.

But full of inequality which is the root of those evils.

Sbarcher

For me it’s not the content but the sceeching when it gets a bit exciting. Not sexist but like to protect my ears from high pitched attacks. Agree that there should be equal opportunities, also agree some sports suit different styles.

cloughie

I cannot believe that no one has mentioned the worst commentator ever heard . Clive Eakin

Gets the other team name wrong forget facts and even what day it is , I sometimes think he is in early on set demensure .
That is not taking the piss just an observation

Macca

I prefer to listen to a male commentator just what I'm used to. Not saying they are any better or know more

Terry Gibson's perm

I cannot believe that no one has mentioned the worst commentator ever heard . Clive Eakin

Gets the other team name wrong forget facts and even what day it is , I sometimes think he is in early on set demensure .
That is not taking the piss just an observation

Eakin like a lot at the bbc are in jobs and remain in them whether good or bad it’s a cushy old boys club a bit of a job for life so we have a load of time putting up with giblet as he has sneaked in there now

Grendel

But full of inequality which is the root of those evils.

Er no because I consider myself in an organisation unequal to those employed to make decisions above me.

Users who are viewing this thread