Favourite ever goal? (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Mine has to be Johnny Jackson’s last minute shin pad lob against the Albion at highfield road. Anyone else got any favourites??

Brighton Sky Blue

Mine has to be Johnny Jackson’s last minute shin pad lob against the Albion at highfield road. Anyone else got any favourites??

From the PL era:

Huckerby against Utd
Froggatt v Everton
Keane v Arsenal

From the FL era:

Adebola away at Blackburn, ghosted past PL defenders like they weren't there
McAllister home to Derby
Mifsud at Utd

Nonleagueherewecome

There's a lot but probably either the Houchen header, any of Speedo's chips, or Cyrille's winner in the 4-3 against Spurs in 86-87.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Off the top of my head-

Adebola v Blackburn
Huckerby v United
McAllister v Derby (Sky game)
Frogatt v Everton
Shaw v Gillingham :smuggrin:

singers_pore

Gibson's final goal in our 4-0 win against Liverpool back in '83 I think it was. Those were the days when Liverpool was one of the best teams in Europe.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Peter Ndlovu at West Brom in the cup
Speedies chips - sublime and a genius
Gunnarson at Blackburn and Adebola
Cyrille at Anfield
Mick Quinn against Villa at Christmas in 92, best Christmas ever, sons first Christmas and Quinn ripped the proverbial out of Liverpool and Villa

So many, need a few like these in the next 9 games

Adge

Got to be Regis header 4-3 v Spurs. Or the QF goal v Sheffield Wed.
Dublin overhead kick with his back to goal v Everton at Goodison.
One from the Ricoh years-David Bell v Doncaster, we gave him a 4 year deal on the back of it!

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't a good goal, but the one in the JPT against Preston in injury time was probably the one I went most mental about.

A Safri free kick stands out too at HR, remember being right behind it and it going pretty much in the top corner in front of my face.

tigersb

Dublin against Newcastle where he was behind the goal, Given rolled the ball out not seeing him, and dublin tucked it in the net. Loved it.
That goal still cracks me up watching it

Liquid Gold

I would say when I scored on my debut at the Ricoh skinning two players and then curling one from outside the box but my winner in the FA Cup final hitting a free kick into the top corner from 30 yards out takes it. Both in dreams obviously.

Greggs

Huck vs United, Froggatt vs Everton and Keano vs Derby

bezzer

Wayne Turner against Oxford United in 1986. Absolute screamer into the top corner. Proved to be the only goal of the game.
Big Cyrille against Sheff Wed in the QF of the Cup in 87.
That header by Houch in the Cup Final.

no_loyalty

My favourite goal was the Dublin goal against Newcastle at Highfield Road, when Shay Given put the ball down without looking behind him and Dublin ran up and put it into the net

Mucca Mad Boys

David Bell’s 40-yarder v Doncaster was a pretty unique goal for me. Back when there were hopes he’d make a decent signing.

Scott Dann’s headed goal from Gunnarsson’s long throw right at the death against Newcastle in the cup was pretty special too.

But, my all-time favourites will be Mifsud’s brace against Man Utd. I was sat right behind Colin Hawkins (CB) and he was a nice fellow! Pique played that year and 1 year later won the Champions League, madness.

Seamus1

Robbie Keane vs Arsenal at Highfield Road. I was sat in the family stand and remember watching Keane run away from the goal to get to Roussel's flick on, next thing he is cartwheeling away

Rodders1

I base mine on how I felt being there rather than the technical abilities (or how spectacular) meaning my favourites are:-

Adebola vs Blackburn away in the cup. Basically steamrolled his way through about 45 players and slotted home.

Misfud’s 2nd v United in the league cup. 50 thousand glory supporters watching 12 thousand SBA go mental.

Don’t know why but I bloody loved the goal that Lee carsley scored versus leicester away the season we went down. Bulled header. Think we won 3-1. Away end knee deep in rain water - and it was f’ing awesome.

I’ve now realised that these are all away games to which I was probably a bit merry so might bias my view a little.

Skyblueweeman

Any of Speedies lobs
Hadji (or was it Chippo?!) vs Arsenal, that Boxing Day game I think it was, late 90s.
Huckerby vs Utd, you know the one
Keanes first goal for us
Whing with the last ever at HR
Jorgensen with the first ever at the Ricoh
Houchens diving header

All some of my favourites but there can only be one...

Gary Mabbutts delightfully executed 'knee-lob' over the world class Ray Clemence, N.London, May '87.

Londonccfcfan

All of those mentioned remember fondly.

Another one to add to the list is Chippo’s goal vs Leeds. Yes that one! I watched it over and over for months.

What a team we had the then and the match although we lost was a classic.

Silsden

Huckerby v United for me, but I absolutely loved Frank Moussa’s screamer at Preston a few years ago.

Equaliser in 7th minute of extra time after they’d been wasting time, remember Joe Murphy having to go up into the stand to get the ball back at one point. They went mental about it

Terry Gibson's perm

Keane’s goal against Watford is very good.

Either of the checkatrade final goals as I never thought I would see us win anything again after 1987

thejinkingSakamoto

Adebola V Blackburn- Reasons stated above.
Jackson V WBA- Year they went up, atmosphere round the ground after that goal one of the most memorable.
Mifsud V United- 12,000 Cov, you know the rest.
Ball V Arsenal- Was very bizarre, went absolutely mad at 4-0 down.
Whing V Derby- Last goal at the magical place. A fitting end.

andy86

In no particular order:
Darren Huckerby vs Manchester United
George Thomas at Wembley
Leon Clarke vs Preston in the JPT
Mifsud 2nd goal at Old Trafford
Johnny Jackson last minute winner vs WBA at Highfield Road
Late Leon McKenzie winner vs Wolves at the Ricoh in 2008

Mask

A lot of mine have been posted in here already, but I want to add Sammy Clingan's freekick against Preston to the list! 35 yards out, crossbar and in. Perfect. Criminally there is only one upload of it on YouTube and the quality is awful... but still!

Users who are viewing this thread