Favourite ever goal? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Gotta be Houchen's Header for me. Then the next was Hucks against Manure Nited! Fabulous!

SkyBlueSoul

This screamer by Doyle (go to 2:30) was on my birthday. Forgot just how one sided that game was, looked like they were gonna do us then we score in the 80th and 85th minutes :happy:

scottccfc

This screamer by Doyle (go to 2:30) was on my birthday. Forgot just how one sided that game was, looked like they were gonna do us then we score in the 80th and 85th minutes :happy:

wasnt this the game with trouble afterwards, where we had fans behind both goals.

tigersb

Thought it was favourite goal not goals
If you mean goals then every one against Villa
Nothing to beat that joy

Nonleagueherewecome

Got to be Regis header 4-3 v Spurs. Or the QF goal v Sheffield Wed.
Dublin overhead kick with his back to goal v Everton at Goodison.
One from the Ricoh years-David Bell v Doncaster, we gave him a 4 year deal on the back of it!

I shouted "Shoot!!!" just before Bell did against Donnie, so claim an assist for that one. He was useless so someone else has to take the credit!

CJ_covblaze

Against the Villa. Chippo plays it out wide to Keane, he crosses it in to Roussel, he puts in a bullet header at the near post. I've seen better goals for City but that one was my favourite. "Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning..."

Nonleagueherewecome

Tony Dobson from the half way line against Banik Ostrava, it was a friendly but who cares, it was a screamer

Loved that goal, it got shown on Midlands Today! I think that was when Snoz was experimenting with him in the sweeper role wasn't he? Couple with it being against "European opposition" I thought he was going to be a ballplaying defender, but he was just a bit of a hoofer in the end and never played that position in a league game that I can remember, we used him at left back.

wingy

Against the Villa. Chippo plays it out wide to Keane, he crosses it in to Roussel, he puts in a bullet header at the near post. I've seen better goals for City but that one was my favourite. "Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning..."
Yeah was thinking that one yesterday just classic striker play, his second at UTD as well.

SkyBlueSoul

wasnt this the game with trouble afterwards, where we had fans behind both goals.
Yea I think you're right. I just checked and it was a really weird kick off time of 5.20pm so people had an extra couple of hours in the pub, normally doesn't help

hamil99

Facebook User
Sorry bud, hadn't read the whole thread but agree it was quality. I was right behind it in the East stand

No need to apologize, I was just jesting! I am a bit jealous however that you were there, so would of love to see that in the flesh!

Fergusons_Beard

Can’t believe anyone hasn’t mentioned Micky Ginn’s 87 SF goal v Leeds after a brilliant slide in & cross from Benno. Cue Pandimonium.

Max at MK FA this year on a par with THAT crowd reaction-mental!

Sean Flynn Xmas cracker at Bramhall Lane 90’s.

Oggys goal at Hillsboro brill too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Londonccfcfan

Another one of my favorites was Dublins header at loftus Road , wasnt anything special, Was just a great cross from Salako and was just a perfect header from Dion, a pure simplistic goal of great beauty. Was pure magic amd the perfect centre forward goal.

kapowaz

Some great candidates already mentioned but Noel Whelan also scored some crackers. The last one in this video is my favourite of those I was there to see - Whelan dancing past basically the entire Southampton side before scoring, leading to the fans singing Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel to the tune of the Christmas carol. Not sure if this was on his debut? Must have been around then.

Edit: apparently I’m misremembering- he’d already signed for us a while before this.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Viorel Moldovan vs Aston Villa, 1998 FA Cup
First ever win at Villa Park.

Last edited:

Cov kid 55

This is probably one of the best of seen live... pretty much last kick of the game I think. Which made up for the 9 previous visits to Deepdale.

What a great goal that was, and what a feeling. Preston were 1-0 up and time wasting for England - their players, the ball boys, and even the fans when the ball went into the stands. I also thought that they were a mean spirited team (Simon Greyson the Manager?) so when we scored right at the death, I went mad! The following season we were again 1-0 down in the last minute, similar behaviour from Preston, when Fleck rattled the bar with a great long range shot. History nearly repeated itself which would have been very sweet!

mechaishida

Did Don Hutchinson score a screamer away to Leeds if I remember rightly??
Indeed he did, a good 40 yards out, on the half volley. Think Marcus Hall took a quick throwing to Hutchison cos the latter could see the keeper out of position.

Probably one of the best technical goals I've seen from a City player, it was only a consolation goal but still.

SkyBlueScottie

Another one of my favorites was Dublins header at loftus Road , wasnt anything special, Was just a great cross from Salako and was just a perfect header from Dion, a pure simplistic goal of great beauty. Was pure magic amd the perfect centre forward goal.
That was a cracking goal, ball out wide from Richardson, to Salako, to Dion's head. We scored a another team goal v Sheff U ( I think) but we strung a few more passes together, put McSheff away down the line and he crossed into Dele, who knocked it in.

Adge

Some great candidates already mentioned but Noel Whelan also scored some crackers. The last one in this video is my favourite of those I was there to see - Whelan dancing past basically the entire Southampton side before scoring, leading to the fans singing Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel to the tune of the Christmas carol. Not sure if this was on his debut? Must have been around then.

Edit: apparently I’m misremembering- he’d already signed for us a while before this.

Some great football/goals in that lot. What a great team we had during that time.

Adge

Finishes of 16th, 16th, 17th, 11th (!), 15th and 14th between 1994-95 and 1999-2000. Yet I still kind of think of that as the golden era (particularly between about 97-99).
Looking at those stats/finishes it looks terrible! But yes, good times indeed.

Londonccfcfan

Finishes of 16th, 16th, 17th, 11th (!), 15th and 14th between 1994-95 and 1999-2000. Yet I still kind of think of that as the golden era (particularly between about 97-99).

Correct that season we finished 11th, we were 5 points off European places/7th.

Only 3 teams lost fewer games than us.

Got to Q/finals of Fa Cup, should have got to Semis!

Had joint top leading goalscorer in premier league.

What a season.

Irish Sky Blue

What a great goal that was, and what a feeling. Preston were 1-0 up and time wasting for England - their players, the ball boys, and even the fans when the ball went into the stands. I also thought that they were a mean spirited team (Simon Greyson the Manager?) so when we scored right at the death, I went mad! The following season we were again 1-0 down in the last minute, similar behaviour from Preston, when Fleck rattled the bar with a great long range shot. History nearly repeated itself which would have been very sweet!
Graham Westley was their manager for that game. I remember the ball rolling out of play towards him, he shaped to trap it and then lifted his foot so it could roll away. Preston at that time reflected the manager. I hate time wasting (from us as well) and Preston in that game took it to a new level. Credit to the ref as he added the time on which allowed Moussa to score his great goal. Very sweet moment after what they had tried to do.

Users who are viewing this thread