Favorite EVER CCFC Player (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

Really enjoyed watching Dennis Wise, always something going on, did he really only play 13 games (with 6 goals), I'd have guessed at more. Don Hutchinson's few appearances were good to.

Stewart Robson, David Smith, Kevin Gallagher, there's loads really, couldn't pick just one from time watching.

Grendel

Really enjoyed watching Dennis Wise, always something going on, did he really only play 13 games (with 6 goals), I'd have guessed at more. Don Hutchinson's few appearances were good to.

Stewart Robson, David Smith, Kevin Gallagher, there's loads really, couldn't pick just one from time watching.

David Smith?

Bantam48

The Hud
Tommy Hutch
George Curtis
Ian Wallace
Bill Glazier

So many over the years I can't separate them

chiefdave

Hucks just for the excitement everytime he got the ball. Don't think he ever knew what he was going to do let alone anyone else.

Dion is probably the best player since I've been going, should have played more games for England in my opinion.

WestEndAgro

Speedie, Hunt, Hateley (Mark), Nuddy, Gallagher, Wallace, Dion, Robson & Marsdon (How Good where those two) Huckerby, Whelan, Froggat, Neilson, Babb, Gillespie the list is endless its almost impossable to choose a favourite but I will go with Speedoooooo a little genius.

kg82

Speedie, Hunt, Hateley (Mark), Nuddy, Gallagher, Wallace, Dion, Robson & Marsdon (How Good where those two) Huckerby, Whelan, Froggat, Neilson, Babb, Gillespie the list is endless its almost impossable to choose a favourite but I will go with Speedoooooo a little genius.

Froggatt - nice one, forgot about him! Such an exciting player. Nicky Summerbee deserved shooting for that.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The Hutchmeister will ALWAYS be numero uno! I also loved Robbie Keane (in a manly way!), and although only a loanee from Liverpool in 2003/04 season, Stephen Warnock. He always gave everything when he played. We should have tried to sign him permanently :(

James Smith

Whilst I agree about Steve Froggatt (a career cut far too short) for me it has to be Oggy.

Calista

If I have to plump for one I’d say Dennis Mortimer, but I could mention Ronnie Rees, Bill Glazier, Ernie Hunt, Neil Martin, Gary Gillespie, Danny Thomas, Trevor Peake and Robbie Keane. Since we dropped out of the top flight, I’m sad to say that it’s impossible to think of anyone who has inspired me much – not even Elliott Ward.

ccfcway

Dion Dublin

notable mentions for....Mick Quinn, Kevin Gallacher, Darren Huckerby, David Speedie

also, a mention for Chris Marsden, he could have been a star !

kg82

If I have to plump for one I’d say Dennis Mortimer, but I could mention Ronnie Rees, Bill Glazier, Ernie Hunt, Neil Martin, Gary Gillespie, Danny Thomas, Trevor Peake and Robbie Keane. Since we dropped out of the top flight, I’m sad to say that it’s impossible to think of anyone who has inspired me much – not even Elliott Ward.

I think if I were to choose players since we dropped out the Prem I'd go for Thompson, Safri and Mifsud. But they're nowhere near my favourites ever

phildownunder

I`ve got many favourites but one stands out for me, Tommy Hutchison. 8 years or so hardly missing a game and regularly bamboozling the best defenders in the country at the time.

skybluelee

My heroes changed throughout my childhood. In date order they were;

Terry Gibson
Oggy
Cyrille
Speedie
Gallacher
Nuddy

The only player i truly hero worshipped post-school days was Dion. Best striker we have ever had

Qwerty70

Glad someone mentioned Dean Emerson. If it hadn't been for one of worse tackles I've ever seen he would have played for England, unfortunately he would also have been sold to a 'bigger' club. For the 7 months we had him before injury he was on par with George Boateng, both were top class.

Leamington Pete

Dion Dublin

notable mentions for....Mick Quinn, Kevin Gallacher, Darren Huckerby, David Speedie

also, a mention for Chris Marsden, he could have been a star !

Interesting how Chris Marsden gets a couple of mentions. Didn't he only play half a dozen games on loan under Phil Neal? Have always felt that sometimes one new player can galvanise a team and he did exactly that immediately (as did Dennis Wise). It was a real shame we didn't sign him.

blueflint

more than one favourite player Ronnie Rees. Frank Austin .George Curtis.Arthur Lightning to name but a few from bygone days more modern players
like Terry Yorath.Tommy Hutch Huckerby Dion etc

Malaka

What?! But he refused to get on the coach to Luton! Judas etc

I totally take your point, but try to remember how much you loved him before he went, and I'll bet that you adored him and no one has come close since then

Skyblueweeman

In no particular order (all been mentioned already TBF), Kevin Gallagher, Peter Ndlovu, David Speedie, David Smith, Stewart Robson and Youssef Chippo. Dion as well despite his departure antics.

Users who are viewing this thread