Favorite EVER CCFC Player (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Just wondering who is everybody's favorite ever city player, mines got to be keano, just his dribbling and stickers instinct, everyone else?

Astute

Only city player in 12 years a season ticket holder I've ever really loved watching was Elliott ward

It is times like this that I feel sorry for our younger supporters. He wouldn't even come close to my top 100.

Otis

So many, so it is very hard to pick one, but if it had to be just one, I would plump for Stevie Hunt.

Should have played for England without any shadow of a doubt.

skybluetony176

Never seen him play except maybe in a legends game but strangely Dietmar Bruck.

I love his life story and enjoy his interviews on the radio not just because of the passion he uses when talking about CCFC it's his accent which is a strange mix of German and Coventry, it's the best accent ever.

tisza

hutch, steve hunt, danny thomas, micky gynn and for some reason brian roberts. but Hutch has to be number one.

Astute

Heard so much of Hutch and other older players but never saw much of them myself. Would have to go for Dublin. He played in every position but GK in most games. One of the best defenders I have ever seen play for us. Not bad for one of the best strikers I have ever seen play for us. Joint top scorer in the prem one season when we were not even that good. About the only top player I remember where we had him in his prime and not sold before they reached their peak or after their peak and on their way down.

A special mention for Wise. What a player. Didn't come to us for a last payday. I didn't realise how good he was until I watched him play for us. But just not with us long enough to have as the best player.

Sky Blue Harry H

Tommy Hutch, closely followed by a whole bunch of Sexton' team, Danny Thomas, Steve Hunt, Gillespie etc

Ferguson and Wallace as a pair, and the cup team for the memories - especially Peake, who seemed to be our sky blue version of Bobby Moore - not that quick or fast, but just seemed to know where to be and how to deal with it:D

skybluebeduff

Not quite my favourite by all means, but I love watching David Thompson because you knew an awesome goal was coming.

Otis

It is times like this that I feel sorry for our younger supporters. He wouldn't even come close to my top 100.

Think you missed a nought off the end there, Astute.

Don't think he would even come close to the top 100 centre backs called Elliot to be honest.

Grendel

Think you missed a nought off the end there, Astute.

Don't think he would even come close to the top 100 centre backs called Elliot to be honest.

Other than Scott Dann who post relegation was better?

I think he was as good as Williams and shaw as well.

Como

Hutch

Oggy

There were a lot of players I liked who came and went including the likes of Keane.

Astute

Other than Scott Dann who post relegation was better?

I think he was as good as Williams and shaw as well.

So
Elliott was your second best player and Dann your best? ;)

ccfc1234

Just old enough to remember Hadji and Chippo.

Hadji - for his creativity
Chippo - His work rate

Notable mentions to: Robbie Keane, Westwood and misguidedly Kevin Thornton who showed flashed of quality (rarely)

stupot07

Peter Ndlovu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread