Favorite EVER CCFC Player (2 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

Phillips and speedie are up there but for me its Super George Boateng.
It made me hate Dublin all the more that he'd tapped up George for the Villa that was the knife in the back after leaving us badly.

kg82

Phillips and speedie are up there but for me its Super George Boateng.
It made me hate Dublin all the more that he'd tapped up George for the Villa that was the knife in the back after leaving us badly.

The summer Boateng signed for them I saw all the villa team at Brum airport. I was only 17 and was next to Boateng in Boots. Told him he was one of my favourites at Cov - he looked happy about that. Then I told him where to go. He probably couldn't care less, gave me a great deal of satisfaction though!!

rondog1973

Favourite player was Speedie, played like a fan. Stewart Robson too.

Most naturally gifted player I've seen for Cov and indeed in English football was Ndlovu.

CCFC88

Dion and Wise for the pure sense of expectation/excitement when I saw their names on the teamsheet

Noel Whelan also, If I had to put my life on one player scoring in a 1 on 1 with an onrushing keeper it would be him, wasnt graced with any particular great skill but always seemed to be the coolest player on the pitch in pressurised situations.

KersleyDigs

Hadji for me. Best player on the park when we were smashed by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (Kirkland's debut where he was sent off and Zola was playing). Unfortunately the rest of our team were crap and never anticipated his through balls that calved Chelsea's defence open numerous times

torchomatic

Lloyd McGrath. King of the City.

tisza

bit right field but also john craven -because he was my 1st ever autograph. got it done on one of those old player snaps you used to get for 5p from the club shop.

Sterling Archer

Another vote for Dion. Absolute colossus for us at times at centre forward or centre back. I also don't think we've heard the full extent of the story of his departure from the club, only the version Richardson wanted us to hear.

Special mention for Roland Nilsson, criminally underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg82

Another vote for Dion. Absolute colossus for us at times at centre forward or centre back. I also don't think we've heard the full extent of the story of his departure from the club, only the version Richardson wanted us to hear.

Special mention for Roland Nilsson, criminally underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievably good considering his age as well. I think he was 38-39 when he played for us?

ollyservetta

ive so many great memorys I cant pick one name out of so many, but must say that im amazed bobby mac has not been mentioned ,also alan green ,and the one that we let go ,peter atherton

Seamus1

I'll probably be mocked endlessly for this, but Trond Soltvedt for me. Unfairly got given the moniker of 'trundler', but I always felt he did his job without fuss in the centre of the park. Never wanted to be a headline grabber. Also never sulked when he was put on the bench.

Also met him once and he was (is) one of the most approachable people who genuinely cared for the club.

There are the flair players of course, such as Keane, Chippo, Thompson, and those who would put their neck on the line: Killer and Peake, but just thought I'd mention Trond.

Moff

Speedie, proper mental and a great skillfull player as well.

Also a mention to Dave Phillips, Trevor Peake, Brian Borrows, Kevin Gallacher, Nuddy and ooh ah Lloyd Mcgrath.

Moff

I'll probably be mocked endlessly for this, but Trond Soltvedt for me. Unfairly got given the moniker of 'trundler', but I always felt he did his job without fuss in the centre of the park. Never wanted to be a headline grabber. Also never sulked when he was put on the bench.

Also met him once and he was (is) one of the most approachable people who genuinely cared for the club.

There are the flair players of course, such as Keane, Chippo, Thompson, and those who would put their neck on the line: Killer and Peake, but just thought I'd mention Trond.

Wont mock you for Trond, a player who fit into our play very well, letting others get on with their jobs and scored a few goals as well. Someone I thought we should have kept for longer as he went and did a good job at Southampton.

mrtrench

Hadji for me. Best player on the park when we were smashed by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (Kirkland's debut where he was sent off and Zola was playing). Unfortunately the rest of our team were crap and never anticipated his through balls that calved Chelsea's defence open numerous times

I was there in the Chelsea end. As I recall we scored first and on impulse I cheered. Was lucky to get out alive.

georgehudson

1 Bill Glazier
2 Roland Nillsson 3 Stuart Pearce
4 Terry Yorath 5 George Curtis 6 Gary Gillespie
7 Robbie Keane 8 Ian Gibson 9 George Hudson 10 Dion Dublin 11 Tommy Hutchison

Monners

A lot of those mentioned already for me. Also can I throw in Gerry Daly (unless he has been mentioned already!). Kept it simple, good passer and chipped in with some goals and plenty of assists

Citysince47

Agree with all the above but would like to add one more. Denis Mortimer probably the best ever midfielder never to get an England cap. My eldest lads first teddy was a skyblue one named after i. The teddy is still going strong living with my great grandson in Austria.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Peter Ndlovu - change a game in seconds, hatrick at Anfield, solo at West Brom, so many to mention.

Close seconds and other genius players, Speedie, Huckerby and Keane
Thirds who gave some special memories would include Quinn, Houchen, Regis and too many others to mention

mark82

Peter Ndlovu - change a game in seconds, hatrick at Anfield, solo at West Brom, so many to mention.

Close seconds and other genius players, Speedie, Huckerby and Keane
Thirds who gave some special memories would include Quinn, Houchen, Regis and too many others to mention

Yep, would add Ndlovu to my list too. We've had some great players over the years, it's so difficult to pick a favourite. Feel sorry for those growing up with the dross we have been served up over the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread