Fans forum (1 Viewer)

Chip Batch

That's because Ryton can't be sold without owners/club providing alternative training facilities. It's not rocket science!

The alternatives proposed will be renting somewhere. There is no chance they will build a new training ground.

How's the new stadium coming along? An announcement must be imminent now I'm sure...

D

Deleted member 2477

The alternatives proposed will be renting somewhere. There is no chance they will build a new training ground.

How's the new stadium coming along? An announcement must be imminent now I'm sure...

Apparently its three weeks away and will be unveiled on the thursday by Tim himself whilstjoy rides around the town on a white horse topless

skybluetony176

But he doesn't get angry about the stadium because SISU lost out. Nothing else matters.

What a crock of shit. Aside from the point I was and remain angry about the Ricoh situation SISU would have had to have bid to have lost out. If they're a victim in this then they were a willing one something for whatever reason you seem blissfully unable to grasp.

Right now I'm more concerned about the training ground and how we're going to move forward without it. If you ever want to join me in that concern you're more than welcome.

skybluetony176

Haven't the telegraph done that? They have been trying for years haven't they?

It's not the report on the actions that have convinced me or anyone else for that matter it's the actions themselves. I would have thought that was obvious.

No spurious statements about having talked to local authorities etc. They just did it. How many presentations have they done to local communities on a proposed stadium development? None. Yet five minutes after news of the training ground development story breaking they're having face to faces with local residents.

What does this tell you about our owners? When they want something they can get it done. What does this tell you about what they want to do? They want to dismantle, not build.

Like I said Nick. Worrying, isn't it?

ccfchoi87

What a crock of shit. Aside from the point I was and remain angry about the Ricoh situation SISU would have had to have bid to have lost out. If they're a victim in this then they were a willing one something for whatever reason you seem blissfully unable to grasp.

Right now I'm more concerned about the training ground and how we're going to move forward without it. If you ever want to join me in that concern you're more than welcome.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-owners-reveal-details-8112794

Sisu did bid and it was more than wasps bid....

Grendel

What did they bid for CCC's half? After they were invited.

They weren't invited - they were told not to as they hadn't built enough bridges - come on UKIP Tony - you haven't been hit on the head as well have you?

Captain Dart

Their bid was conditional and only for a half share. There is no way that equates to a non conditional bid for all of the company. Clearly the SISU bid was a PR exercise and not serious.
The letter, dated November 5, reads: "The liquidators of CCFC have today submitted a conditional offer for the charity's share in the Ricoh Arena.

chiefdave

The council didn't want to deal with sisu, you might agree with their reasoning but no one can argue that the minute they sold that stadium to wasps Coventry city was doomed. They've stopped any other investor taking us over and they will see us without a home after next year
This is the key point. All the damage SISU have done, even moving to Northampton, could have been undone up to the point that the council sold to Wasps. That will be the thing that haunts us long after SISU have gone.

Nick

Administrator
This is the key point. All the damage SISU have done, even moving to Northampton, could have been undone up to the point that the council sold to Wasps. That will be the thing that haunts us long after SISU have gone.

People might realise that in a few years though, at the minute it is still a high five for showing SISU up.

letsallsingtogether

People might realise that in a few years though, at the minute it is still a high five for showing SISU up.
We dont need yo show them up that is one thing they do Well.
As for realising the damage done we already do.
But that can also be undone when we get our new ground they promised us more then once.

torchomatic

Absolutely, everything else is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. That one decision has destroyed any chance of a bright future for CCFC.

skybluebeduff

I know RFC is a clown, but isn't it about time the "where is the new stadium" stick is dropped now. It's an extremely tedious way of fishing for likes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I've waited 3 years for a reply to that question, and it still stands...

The Lurker

Absolutely, everything else is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. That one decision has destroyed any chance of a bright future for CCFC.
Didn't sisu say they were going to build a new ground before wasps were even mentioned? So that put the emphasis on ACL to think we best sell up while we can otherwise they could have potentially been left with an empty ground. You can blame ACL and council but the issues lies with sisu and there continually bullshit the past 5 years

ccfchoi87

Didn't sisu say they were going to build a new ground before wasps were even mentioned? So that put the emphasis on ACL to think we best sell up while we can otherwise they could have potentially been left with an empty ground. You can blame ACL and council but the issues lies with sisu and there continually bullshit the past 5 years

I think that was something to do with the crippling £1.2m rent.

jas365

Fisher was on CWR the night we came back to the Ricoh vs Gillingham and stated that the move back was temporary as we still needed our own ground.

Kingokings204

Fisher was on CWR the night we came back to the Ricoh vs Gillingham and stated that the move back was temporary as we still needed our own ground.

I think that was something to do with the crippling £1.2m rent.

Who was it crippling? The judge said very clear the rent was not crippling the club. The club was severely mismanaged and the rent was the Least of the worries.

For the hundredth time, sisu knew the rent when they took over and once again it had nothing to do with the way they mis managed the club.

I will accept it was overpriced but in the championship you get extra 5.5m in income a year so rent at 1.2m a year is hardly a concern but yes of course high. When we got relegated we were offered reduced terms to match the division and the rest is history.

RFC

We dont need yo show them up that is one thing they do Well.
As for realising the damage done we already do.
But that can also be undone when we get our new ground they promised us more then once.

But any new ground would not be in Coventry because of availability of land and the fact that CCC would never ever give planning permission!!!!!

letsallsingtogether

But any new ground would not be in Coventry because of availability of land and the fact that CCC would never ever give planning permission!!!!!
Who said anything about in Coventry I said we were promised our own ground more then once.
You yourself have said it is on the way at least 50 times.......
So where the fuck is it we are still waiting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

skybluetony176

CCC don't have the final say. Any appeal to any application that might get turned down goes to central government. In other words it wouldn't be CCC's decision. It's only been pointed out on here a gazillion times.

RFC

CCC don't have the final say. Any appeal to any application that might get turned down goes to central government. In other words it wouldn't be CCC's decision. It's only been pointed out on here a gazillion times.

Wouldn't make the slightest difference anyway!

RFC

Who said anything about in Coventry I said we were promised our own ground more then once.
You yourself have said it is on the way at least 50 times.......
So where the fuck is it we are still waiting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have no idea so why don't you ask Tim?

skybluetony176

Wouldn't make the slightest difference anyway!

Why? You said CCC wouldn't give it planning permission, I've pointed out they don't have the final say Central Government do. Are you suggesting that it wouldn't meet planning requirements anyway? In which case it was all a pipe dream from the off. Or that Central Government are in on this "conspiracy" against SISU too?

Sky Blue Kid

A stadium has a residual value for your investment. 50 years rent at £1.2m has no value at the end of that period.

And civility and good business sense could on at least 3 occasions have got you a stadium that cost over £100m for somewhere between £6.5m-£10m which would have a residual value :)

RFC

And civility and good business sense could on at least 3 occasions have got you a stadium that cost over £100m for somewhere between £6.5m-£10m which would have a residual value :)

Were the Sky Blues ever offered that deal? Or did they offer more than the current owners?

Users who are viewing this thread