Fans forum (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

So I am wrong to know what the agenda is behind it? I could be wrong in my thinking and just being too cynical and they could be doing out of their love for CCFC and nothing else.

It is just strange that when asked about a campaign to save the academy a couple of weeks before they didn't want to know, the same with asking about promoting the Legacy Fund link to help sell some merchandise.

As for the MP's publicity, without googling can you tell me what they discussed this week in the same place they will be discussing CCFC?

It's a shame that you don't express this level of cynicism about things like having Ryton included in the RBC in the town plan. Things like that seem to just wash over you as if it will all be alright on the night. Yet you get fixated on one tiny aspect of the CT campaign. Whatever their "motive" the end game is surely just what any CCFC fan wants? You're a very odd person at times Nick.

skybluetony176

So people should be shouting GO without a plan for when they do? People should be expected to boycott watching the team they have supported for years without an actual reason in how it will help or what will happen afterwards?

We should be shouting go because of the lack of a plan (past selling of Ryton) from our owners. They've done nothing to warrant us wanting them to stay. I also think that if we're not already there we're very close to the point of where it's go without knowing what the next owners will be like. Really the worst that can happen is that they're no better. They certainly can't be any worse. How long have we really got under SISU? A season or two? Maybe three at best? Maybe at the end of next ? They have us on a downward spiral that they can't pull out of. Now is not the time for being passive.

Hobo

Not really, surely you have to wonder why are they suddenly going all out? What's behind it? Why only now?

I wish you would question some of SISU's actions in the same way.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

I wish you would question some of SIS's actions in the same way.
I do not recall Nick expressing any disquiet at the news about Ryton or asking where the City would train if it were to be sold.
Despite all the evidence that SISU will not put more money into the club he thinks it will be 'all right' somehow.

clint van damme

the petition makes us feel better, the debate in the commons "might" cause seppalla some annoyance...for me the only way to hurt them is if we could expose the investors is and from what i have been told people have tried and failed....dam it we need one of them hacker people with the funny face masks

John Terry?

skybluejelly

Honestly you are the most annoying poster ive ever seen, every post you write must have a question in it.

Is that not the point of online discussions .. to put differing points of view across.. just because someone puts the other side of an argument does not mean they agree with it..
it does not make them a sisu sympathiser or council lover .. it is the whole point of a debate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

isn't that what CT did and the have been denied access to CCFC player and manager ?

Ironic they are therefore touting the views of a owner of another club as part of their "campaign" who also bans local media when they criticise them.

Reactions: RFC

rupert_bear

That owner is a fan though. Banning the cet is the best thing that's happened imo, created much needed amunition in the sisu out campaign. Has helped unite different factions too. Can I ask you the same question I asked Nick, do you think sisu and ccfc are seperate entities ? If you do how do you separate them ?

Grendel

That owner is a fan though. Banning the cet is the best thing that's happened imo, created much needed amunition in the sisu out campaign. Has helped unite different factions too. Can I ask you the same question I asked Nick, do you think sisu and ccfc are seperate entities ? If you do how do you separate them ?

They are clearly separate. One is a limited company owned by another.

Reactions: RFC

rupert_bear

So you believe that campaigning to rid us of sisu can be done and achieved without impacting on what really is a sisu created sibsidery, Arvo, Who's sole concern is ccfc. How can that be done. Question: do you want sisu to stay or go ?

Steve.B50

Some guy is 'publicly inviting Tim Fisher' to his factory. * Not sure why? *

Losing fans every week. Better things to do on a Saturday.

Clive mentioning the advert for an operations director. Trying to put a positive slant on things.[/QUOTE]

If you had listened to the comment before I opened my big mouth it would have made sense.
Previous Chairmen, managers and players used to visit factories and local peoples places of work, it was all about community spirit.
I was trying to put a smile of peoples faces and publically invite TF to my factory, it might not be a big company but what he would find is a group of workers all of who follow the Sky Blues.

Grendel

So you believe that campaigning to rid us of sisu can be done and achieved without impacting on what really is a sisu created sibsidery, Arvo, Who's sole concern is ccfc. How can that be done. Question: do you want sisu to stay or go ?

I can't actually believe given the current scenario anyone would want them to stay providing there is some form of viable alternative.

At the moment liquidation, dropping down the leagues or fan ownership appears to be the best anyone can do. If a potential buyer declared interest then that's a different matter.

This is ultimately why the councils actions are far more damaging than anyone's as the club in terms of attractiveness and appeal is nil.

People demanding twenty year deals with wasps while sisu remain in office really need to be careful what they wish for.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I can't actually believe given the current scenario anyone would want them to stay providing there is some form of viable alternative.

At the moment liquidation, dropping down the leagues or fan ownership appears to be the best anyone can do. If a potential buyer declared interest then that's a different matter.

This is ultimately why the councils actions are far more damaging than anyone's as the club in terms of attractiveness and appeal is nil.

People demanding twenty year deals with wasps while sisu remain in office really need to be careful what they wish for.

Great comment Grendel, you can post some great points at times. The unfortunate scenario we have at the moment is that to hurt SISU you have to hurt the club, they are on paper separate entities so how do you hurt a paper company its nigh on impossible. The only way to hurt SISU is reputationaly and that means making the club fail, vicious circle again.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don't think you have to target through CCFC though, The CT has investigative journalists, they should be investigating the companies SISU are involved in, their investors.

If we start putting them companies in a bad light then they're gonna put pressure on SISU, this would be far better than targeting through CCFC

Senior Vick from Alicante

I don't think you have to target through CCFC though, The CT has investigative journalists, they should be investigating the companies SISU are involved in, their investors.

If we start putting them companies in a bad light then they're gonna put pressure on SISU, this would be far better than targeting through CCFC

Its finding out who is who which is the difficult thing. Its all nameless contributors that come together to form the fund, you would have to hack Joys computer system to find the names then put pressure on those individuals. Where's ANONYMOUS when you need them?

clint van damme

which I think is what Nick has been driving at.

Everyone knows CCFC is a basket case for them, imagine if we could somehow negatively affect a successful investment, (if there are any in their portfolio!).

albatross

Some good points in here and whilst it would be better for the club to own the ground, I still fail to see why the council are to blame . Are you insinuating that there is a orchestrated campaign against CCFC or is it simply that the course of action taken by the council was in the best interest of the City of Coventry and not in the interest of Coventry City? After all who are the responsible for and answerable to?

Can you point to one penny on the CCFC balance sheet where the councils activities have disadvantaged the club?

Can you point to one penny of revenue lost that was available to the club when they were either at northampton or on the subsequent return to the Ricoh?

Are a professional football club with owners capable enough to pursue high court writs against local authorities not capable of renting some football pitches for the Academy or the first team to train? That was pretty much the finding of Sport England. Or do you believe that fat cats such as Joy and Tim can surf of the back of CCFC who many seem to think that they have divine right to special treatment and the "gift" of a stadium?

You could infact argue that the council insured that CCFC had some well needed stability for a 4 year period at a rent that TF indicated they were very happy with, further the access to F&B revenue means that they play there for about 25K PA? Net rent of £25k on a stadium that cost in excess of £100m?

In what light can you argue that the rental agreement disadvantaged the club and is part of an orchestrated campaign to drive CCFC out of business? Or would you rather believe it was down to TF's negotiating skills?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Its finding out who is who which is the difficult thing. Its all nameless contributors that come together to form the fund, you would have to hack Joys computer system to find the names then put pressure on those individuals. Where's ANONYMOUS when you need them?
But that's where the CT come in, they're too busy pushing negative impact on the club, they haven't took the time to investigate alternatives, it's just laziness.

It's SISUs portfolio we need to target, we need an investor to get annoyed, they don't care what we fans think. But imagine if their money men did.

rupert_bear

But any viable alternative are hardly going to shout it from the roof tops are they

cov soul

I don't understand the negativity towards CWR and the Telegraph in this instance. They are both doing something to try and resolve the mess we are in. They have a programme like this where people, genuine CCFC fans as far as I can make out, are asked their views on the way forward for our club and the type of model of club they would like if we ever get rid of Sisu. Several times Clive summarised what had been said and mentioned that these areas would be the basis of what would be given to Jim Cunningham before a debate about CCFC in parliament next week. For me this seems a valuable thing to do as one of the things that Seppala seems to hate is publicity. I am sure she would rather Sisu's management of our club were not discussed and publicised at all. If this programmes means that MPs have a better understanding of CCFC fans concerns before they start talking, isn't that better? As mentioned several times on the programme anyone can add to this body of opinion passed to MPs through links on Twitter and Facebook. There may have been better ways of getting fans views. However it seems that it is easy for some to snipe at those who are trying to do something to save CCFC while offering very few constructive ideas themselves.
well said

Nick

Administrator
What factions have been United?

Grendel

But any viable alternative are hardly going to shout it from the roof tops are they

No that's why anyone with half a brain cell knew Haskell was just a publicist.

However, a serious buyer could say go to the fans trust and explain a vision and a strategy and this could be communicated if necessary anonymously.

Nick

Administrator
It's a shame that you don't express this level of cynicism about things like having Ryton included in the RBC in the town plan. Things like that seem to just wash over you as if it will all be alright on the night. Yet you get fixated on one tiny aspect of the CT campaign. Whatever their "motive" the end game is surely just what any CCFC fan wants? You're a very odd person at times Nick.

No, every fan wants a happy ever after don't they which is what I said? If it was a get these fantastic owners in, it would be completely different.

We have seen first hand with you how a bit of spin changes your mind.

With the rbc stuff wasn't I also asking cynical questions about that? Asking how easy it is to get around that planning requirement, asking if the trust has contacts at sport England to confirm more, if an foi can be done to find out more from rbc.

It isn't odd that I don't act the way the telegraph and others want me to, I remember when you got angry and asked people to boycott wasps, then put a press release out and you stopped mentioning it.

Nick

Administrator
But that's where the CT come in, they're too busy pushing negative impact on the club, they haven't took the time to investigate alternatives, it's just laziness.

It's SISUs portfolio we need to target, we need an investor to get annoyed, they don't care what we fans think. But imagine if their money men did.

Been saying that for months.

stupot07

As someone that'll be attending the Rochdale game.

Yes I would support a boycott a home cup fixture!
Agreed. I actually feel quite angry about the boycott on the 22nd. It was the wrong game ST Holders have already paid for their tickets, tickets were already on general sale, so some would have already purchased matchday tickets. I find it a bit of a kick in the teeth for ST holders, and personally I think its going to be a bit of disaster and the crowd will still be 6k+ and not having the desired impact.

I would totally support a full boycott of a cup game, but I am not boycotting the 22nd the main reason is because I take my 5 year old who is huge city fan who nags me everyday if we're "going to the Ricoh on saturday to see the sky blues". He can't come to night games as its past his bedtime, so his last game was Oldham on 17th September, its not fair on him to deny him going on the 22nd and then having to wait another 3-4 weeks for a home Saturday game (12th Nov) which would have been pretty much 2 months since his last game if we boycott the 22nd.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's a good point about the lack of home games and the long wait between them, also doing it at a night game too!

Ian1779

No that's why anyone with half a brain cell knew Haskell was just a publicist.

However, a serious buyer could say go to the fans trust and explain a vision and a strategy and this could be communicated if necessary anonymously.

If someone was genuinely serious they would have already approached SISU in private without the need for self-publicity.

Users who are viewing this thread