Fans Forum (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Mark Labovitch, CCFC non-executive director, said he has held around 24 small meetings with fans over the past few weeks as he decides which supporters to invite to the club-organised forum.

Presumably ones that won't give him much hassle?

Grendel

The cross section of our supporters won't be invited. They only want the happy ones.

You must have been one of the 24 attending the initial discussions then?

Or is this an astute fact?

skybluetony176

to be honest i dont think it will mater who goes. regardless of the question asked he always gives the answer to the question he wanted to be asked. although it is a shame that Jeremy Paxman isn't a sky blue, i'd love to see him asking the difficult questions

Grendel

If ML has been meeting with fans already who are they why have we not heard about this and what was discussed.

Something tells me the SCG.....

Something tells you wrong.

I have nothing to do with the SCG and I went.

chiefdave

Date and location still to be confirmed, but aim is for it to take place before June’s Ricoh Arena judicial review ... When we have the date and the venue I’m going to ask the council and ACL as well as Joe and Gary to come. I think they have a significant level of involvement in all of this.

Very convenient that it's planned to be before the JR when he knows perfectly well Higgs, CCC and ACL will be unable to attend. But as everyone seems to be expected to attend can we assume Sepalla will be there?

A Sky Blues official has said the finishing touches are being put to a planned public discussion about the situation at the club.

So this isn't the promised forum about the clubs accounts and finances moving forward by the sounds of things, it a much wider ranging forum.

Mr Labovitch has now added that he would like former CCFC board members Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman to participate.

Why? Of what use is that possibly going to be, I don't want a couple of hours babbling on about things that happened years ago I want some decent answers to what's happening at the club now and in the future.

Mark Labovitch, CCFC non-executive director, said he has held around 24 small meetings with fans over the past few weeks as he decides which supporters to invite to the club-organised forum.

Decides which supporters to invite? That sounds like the SCG or the first meeting of the Garlick group, pick some nice friendly 'pro-SISU' fans who won't give them a hard time. Hope I'm wrong there but why not an open invite or ask all the various supporters / protest groups to send a representative?

I don’t think there’s a solution that gets the club back as quickly as we want unless the truth is out there.

One question that needs asking is have we moved on or not. We're now a third of a way through the new stadium timeframe with very little evidence that anything has happened which ML is still on about getting the club back.

Grendel

I repeat the 24 people were not SCG members and had a wide range of views.

My view is a discussion on finances in a forum is an utter waste of time and that was my feedback.

AJB1983

An open fans forum where labovitch chooses the audience so he can try and expose CCC/acl? Don't think so.
Whole thing is a propaganda exercise.
Disgraceful.

L

limoncello

An open fans forum where labovitch chooses the audience so he can try and expose CCC/acl? Don't think so.
Disgraceful.

Whereas the open forums with Fisher which were invariably dominated by shouty idiots were a roaring success.

Astute

So when CCC/ACL are allowed to join a forum after the JR you will tell them not to talk about finances?

IF you had said that and IF Timothy would have heard you he might have offered you an unskilled job paying over 100k a year

covspain

I repeat the 24 people were not SCG members and had a wide range of views.

My view is a discussion on finances in a forum is an utter waste of time and that was my feedback.

The article mentions 24 small meetings with fans. Nothing about a meeting with 24 fans appears there so are you saying that one of the 24 meetings happened to be with 24 people?

jas365

Whereas the open forums with Fisher which were invariably dominated by shouty idiots were a roaring success.

Admittedly there were some "shouty idiots", but they do share the views of 90% of our fan base. I suspect that an audience chosen by Mr Labovitch would not.

Grendel

The article mentions 24 small meetings with fans. Nothing about a meeting with 24 fans appears there so are you saying that one of the 24 meetings happened to be with 24 people?

No you misinterpreted my meeting was not with 24 fans.

Grendel

Disgraceful.

In sure if you want to attend you will be able to.

covspain

No you misinterpreted my meeting was not with 24 fans.

You mention a meeting with 24 people who were not members of SCG and who had a wide range of views. Was this meeting one of the "24 small meetings with fans" which ML said he has had in the CT article?

Grendel

Wouldn't give them the time of day.

Why would you be nervous to voice your concerns.

Bit like Spoinkop rather hide behind your keyboard?

James Smith

Why do "Saint" Joe of Coventry and Gary Hoffman need to be there to discuss last years accounts? I wasn't aware that that either were still involved with our club then.

shmmeee

Probably next to yours with you telling us about ACL / Trust council stuff I guess. ;) :whistle::p:p

I don't know anything Nick. Certainly nothing that's not in the public domain, and I certainly haven't met any of the main players.

Chipfat

You can air your concerns as much as you like but id put a pound to a pinch of shit it doesn't get answered ,,, why? because JS is the only one from Sisu who should be there, to be open and honest. The TF statement about her being Hands on is another Sisu own goal.!! It's all BS and sisu's attempt to pretend they care and pretend they listen, they don't, haven't or will ever understand the role fans play in running of a FC.

As said before Ann lucas and JS should be in a room making a deal, not a idiot like ML calling for forums. They need the Ricoh now, everyone knows it, and in a game of poker when the others playing know the hand your holding its better to fold than trying to blag you have more. The ccc will not react to this attempt to bring them out, CCC will wait for the JR and Sisu will have to win that case to have any hope of keeping control of the club.....All anyone should read in ML statement is no new stadium.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Why has this event been labelled a 'Public Forum' when it appears that attendees will be selected from a small number of carefully vetted sycophants?

Grendel

Why has this event been labelled a 'Public Forum' when it appears that attendees will be selected from a small number of carefully vetted sycophants?

Give me your details jack and I will ensure you attend.

James Smith

We don't know who has or will be invited, and calling people "sycophants" without knowing who they are isn't really fair.

J

Jack Griffin

I'm not sure how you can interpret this part of the Telegraph story much different James, have you heard about these small meetings Labovich has had?
The only people mentioned as invited are representatives of organisations who are unlikely to attend due to the upcoming court case and Hoffman & Elliott who no longer have anything to do with the club.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventy-city-set-invite-fans-7002658

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread