Fans back in stadia by Xmas? (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

I'm not into conspiracy theories at all,I hate all that crap,plus I've said before,I know corona exists & it is a tragedy & I really am sorry if any of you have experienced it etc...I just don't quite think it's as bad as we're led to believe that's all - that's just my personal opinion
Certainly leads to a good debate anyway,sorry if I've caused offence etc PUSB
Why would they make out its worse than it really is? Think about what you're saying

Hertsccfc

I'm not into conspiracy theories at all,I hate all that crap,plus I've said before,I know corona exists & it is a tragedy & I really am sorry if any of you have experienced it etc...I just don't quite think it's as bad as we're led to believe that's all - that's just my personal opinion
The reality is that it is worse. The excess death rate is higher than the number of official deaths from Covid. I accept that some of this may be people not seeking treatment for other conditions through fear of getting covid but we also have the long covid cases.

Magwitch

I know of a lady, under 50 no known health issues came home from working in a local care home with all the symptoms, cough, temperature etc, etc. collapsed and died two days later, they don’t know if it was covid related or not basically put down as heart problem, but this virus can and does attack organs sometimes a few sometimes just one. Anyone not taking this pandemic seriously are mugs.

mr_monkey

And that's the root of the problem with all of this, people think that their uneducated, uninformed personal opinion is valid when it's really not.

What are your facts that prove it's not as bad as we are led to believe? I bet you have fuck all

Otis

We also know that China and Russia are vastly underreporting their cases.

It does indeed seem to be worse than it seems and only later down the line will we see the true level of devastation it has caused.

Magwitch

Let alone allow more in the way things are going I can see the couple of thousand allowed in now being stopped.

Otis

Exactly! It is really bad now, WITH all the restrictions in place. Without them, the cases and death toll would be truly horrendous.
BBC News - Coronavirus: Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf says coronavirus approach 'has failed'

Sweden took much more of a lax approach and as a result, their deaths are much higher than their neighbours.

Johhny Blue

All this absolute insane tiering/lockdown bollocks over a virus that’s got a 98% recovery rate & since February has ‘only’ killed 300 odd people under the age of 60....it’s totally over the top
So for every crowd of 15,000 we have only 300 would die? Sounds like a great deal

Last edited:

hill83

And that's the root of the problem with all of this, people think that their uneducated, uninformed personal opinion is valid when it's really not.

Post of the year in my opinion.

While we are at it, the very second someone says it's their opinion I immediately dismiss it as nonsense not worth listening to.

Hobo

There is also growing evidence that even people who have had covid and survived are going to have some long term health issues. It leaves a lasting effect on the lungs and other organs. Increases the chances of strokes.

Otis

There is also growing evidence that even people who have had covid and survived are going to have some long term health issues. It leaves a lasting effect on the lungs and other organs. Increases the chances of strokes.
Yup. Exactly that.

It is believed that it can cause long term health conditions.

We have to be very careful in using the word "recovery". That's just not dying.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

Scary

Magwitch

If as being reported we go into a stricter lock down after Christmas could football and other sports be halted as it was last March. Northern Ireland are going into a strict lockdown from Boxing Day talk of Wales doing the same. I think it’s a definite case of wait and see anything is possible.

bawtryneal

?? The thread was about fans being allowed back in stadiums..... Correct me if i'm wrong but have fans been let back in some areas before Xmas? Your stab in the dark percentages were just wrong

Okay mate. You were right and I was wrong.
Obviously at cross purposes regarding that element of the thread being about St Andrews.
Nice one.
Have a nice Xmas and PUSB.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I just hope there will be a hospital bed for me if i get Covid.

Last edited:

SBT

If as being reported we go into a stricter lock down after Christmas could football and other sports be halted as it was last March. Northern Ireland are going into a strict lockdown from Boxing Day talk of Wales doing the same. I think it’s a definite case of wait and see anything is possible.

With the fixtures as congested as they are, it would only take a couple of teams to suffer outbreaks to completely screw the calendar. Who knows about European games. Given that UEFA aren't going to move Euro 2020 again on England's account, it could be a nervy few months for the FA.

AFCCOVENTRY

Anything is possible. Best thing is to finish the season with the league standings as they are and see you next August.

ceetee

My daughter (mid 40s) had Covid in April. She was I'll but not bad enough to go to hospital although she did see the doctor as she was left weak and tired. She would think she was OK for a few days but then she would lose all energy and have to stay in bed for a couple of days. This cycle continued so the doctor sent her to hospital for tests. She was there all day and had several tests. She had what is now known as Long Covid and was put into a clinic programme for similar sufferers, so has been tested and monitored. She is mostly recovered but who knows what lasting damage.

Last week she felt Ill and had a temperature. She tested positive for Covid.
On BBC breakfast this morning an expert admitted that people were being reinfected

So much for herd immunity

clint van damme

My daughter (mid 40s) had Covid in April. She was I'll but not bad enough to go to hospital although she did see the doctor as she was left weak and tired. She would think she was OK for a few days but then she would lose all energy and have to stay in bed for a couple of days. This cycle continued so the doctor sent her to hospital for tests. She was there all day and had several tests. She had what is now known as Long Covid and was put into a clinic programme for similar sufferers, so has been tested and monitored. She is mostly recovered but who knows what lasting damage.

Last week she felt Ill and had a temperature. She tested positive for Covid.
On BBC breakfast this morning an expert admitted that people were being reinfected

So much for herd immunity

That sounds horrendous and a similar story, though in your daughters case far worse, to someone I know.
Fingers crossed she makes a full recovery.

skybluesam66

With the fixtures as congested as they are, it would only take a couple of teams to suffer outbreaks to completely screw the calendar. Who knows about European games. Given that UEFA aren't going to move Euro 2020 again on England's account, it could be a nervy few months for the FA.
need to stay out of the PPG bottom 3

SBT

And here we go!

Millwall's next two games are off. I'm sure their fans are furious, they hate anything to do with politics.

Magwitch

I’m getting the feeling football could be knocked on the head for a while, more games are starting to get postponed because of the virus and we now have that strict lockdown in Wales what affect will that have on the Welsh teams travelling ?

chiefdave

And here we go!

Millwall's next two games are off. I'm sure their fans are furious, they hate anything to do with politics.
Peterborough have had 3 games called off. Their owner must unhappy, he was insisting games should go ahead no matter what last season.

edgy

Clubs using COVID as an excuse for a break now. Everyone is knackered. One case and they "lock the club down".

Users who are viewing this thread