Fans back in stadia by Xmas? (2 Viewers)

Paxman II

Doubt it very much, why do you think they've made such a decision?

Airlines are desperate for revenue. Flying around with frieght only is not going to sustain them. They need passengers. If they are the first to announce this on the back of recent vaccine releases then they are in the headlines. I get the self promotion but on this I feel it's a poor marketing decision which they will re evaluate. Vaccines will not be made mandatory around the world and they fly around the world. To back up such a stance vaccines would have to be mandatory for the airline industry. It's all about opinion and that's mine.

Otis

Airlines are desperate for revenue. Flying around with frieght only is not going to sustain them. They need passengers. If they are the first to announce this on the back of recent vaccine releases then they are in the headlines. I get the self promotion but on this I feel it's a poor marketing decision which they will re evaluate. Vaccines will not be made mandatory around the world and they fly around the world. To back up such a stance vaccines would have to be mandatory for the airline industry. It's all about opinion and that's mine.
My heartfelt condolences on the opinions that you have.

chiefdave

Look at the flip side. If you're the airline that doesn't require vaccination or a clear test before flying and you have a couple of hundred people get infected that all trace back to one of your flights how is that for promotion?

Can defiantly see this sort of thing being implemented. Ticketmaster reported to be doing similar in the US. They've denied it will come in over here but if its not running shows or this we all know which option they'll go for.

Paxman II

Look at the flip side. If you're the airline that doesn't require vaccination or a clear test before flying and you have a couple of hundred people get infected that all trace back to one of your flights how is that for promotion?

Can defiantly see this sort of thing being implemented. Ticketmaster reported to be doing similar in the US. They've denied it will come in over here but if its not running shows or this we all know which option they'll go for.

I think it will fall into proof you have had a covid test and carry a certificate of proof in order to board. Airlines have not stopped flying passengers and have been doing so and no untoward reports have come about. cruise lines (I'm heavily associated with) will be implementing test at the check in terminals with a result within the hour. Fail and you are denied boarding.

chiefdave

What about Warwickshire?
Think they might just be doing whole areas rather than individual cities and towns so Birmingham is tier 3 and everywhere around it goes tier 3 irrespective of their own numbers.

Our head office is in Exeter. Their rolling rate of cases is far higher than Coventry and they've re-opening their Nightingale as the hospitals are full but they're tier 2.

Magwitch

Keep saying it’s going to be a good while until fans are allowed might be after this vaccination process. But I hear news there might be an issue with this latest Oxford vaccine something to do with not enough data from older trialists to say for sure it will be as effective as they first thought.

Grendel

Keep saying it’s going to be a good while until fans are allowed might be after this vaccination process. But I hear news there might be an issue with this latest Oxford vaccine something to do with not enough data from older trialists to say for sure it will be as effective as they first thought.

They will be allowed in in London from next week

chiefdave

Following the announcement from the Government that Birmingham will be in Tier 3 of Coronavirus restrictions, unfortunately Coventry City will not be able to welcome Sky Blues supporters back to St Andrew’s yet.

The wider return of fans to football stadiums on a limited basis is welcome, and we look forward to welcoming our fans back to our games when we are able to do so.

Coventry City will continue our preparations, alongside Birmingham City and local safety authorities, for supporters to return safely when they are allowed to do so.

We hope that this will be soon and will continue to keep fans updated on the situation as best as we can.
If we assume fans being allowed back in is so the government didn't need to give football a bail out does that now need to be looked at again for clubs in areas that still aren't allowed supporters in?

Grendel

If we assume fans being allowed back in is so the government didn't need to give football a bail out does that now need to be looked at again for clubs in areas that still aren't allowed supporters in?

we will save money by not opening

shmmeee

OK. So I said fans back in stadia by Xmas. Was that shit?
I said a 1-0 win v Cardiff. Was that shit?
And if you think I'm talking shit about vaccines then you need an education, so stop talking shit.

Someone certainly needs an education.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I didn't say they use the Zoe data and good as the Zoe data overstates cases massively as people feel ill and report the symptoms and thus it is counted as a case when it is likely to be a cold.

A mixture of pilar 1, 2 and 4 plus hospital admissions and icu capacity are the best measures
You’d argue with your own shadow David. I didn’t say you did say that, the ZOE data doesn’t assume every symptom is Covid, so nah.

BornSlippySkyBlue

No what I said was the Zoe data reports lots of false cases which it does.

It's why it's not used to make any decisions
Can you show me any source at all, anywhere, supporting your assertion that it “reports lots of false cases”, or is that just your opinion?

I’m inclined to think that the doctors and data scientists at KCL know more about what they are doing than Dave from the Cov forum, but maybe you are more knowledgeable on the subject than Professor Spector. Do you have evidence it is over reporting? Would love to read it.

David O'Day

Can you show me any source at all, anywhere, supporting your assertion that it “reports lots of false cases”, or is that just your opinion?

I’m inclined to think that the doctors and data scientists at KCL know more about what they are doing than Dave from the Cov forum, but maybe you are more knowledgeable on the subject than Professor Spector. Do you have evidence it is over reporting? Would love to read it.

Cool so an app where people self report symptoms isn't going to have false cases? BornDippySkyBlue

BornSlippySkyBlue

Cool so an app where people self report symptoms isn't going to have false cases? BornDippySkyBlue
Ah, the old answer a question with a question trick. So, I’ll take that as a no then. You have no basis for your statement that you can back up with an actual source. Pure opinion. Thanks for clearing that up. And throwing personal insults in there as well, really doesn’t help your attempt to come across as the sole arbiter of truth.

Self reporting is notorious for not being reliable which is why they have taken that into account with their methodology and why they tie it in to positive swab tests. Do you think we currently (or have ever) test(ed) every single case? Official figures are currently around 16k of actual positive test results daily, ZOE is currently estimating 21k, because not every infection will be tested, or reported, a significant proportion don’t get tested for various reasons (such as having to take 14 days off work). Seems a reasonable estimate, no? Or are you claiming the official figures capture every single new infection?

Regardless, it all adds up to paint a more accurate picture than testing alone, and should be taken in the context of all of the other available data. It is a part of the picture and nobody claims 100% accuracy, but they have fewer reasons to manipulate the data than the government does. Interesting that you would trust the official data to be more reliable, have you had your eyes shut for the last few years? Amazed anyone believes a word they say anymore, but lap it up Dave.

I’ll leave the puerile insults to you, it’s your forte after all.

Frostie

Charlton fan on Talksport earlier saying he left their game early tonight...

I'm absolutely dumfounded. No matter how poor Charlton might have been they were only 1-0 down & the guy got to see a game live for the first time in 9 months.
With 2000 fans in the stadium it's not like he left to avoid the rush either...
Some people don't realise how lucky they are🤦🏼‍♂️

Woolly68

Going to my first game next Tuesday at my other team, Exeter v Northampton in the EFL trophy. Limit of 1200, test event. Will be interesting to see how smoothly it runs. Waiting to be told when to turn up and what to do once inside. Got to pick my own seat, rather than turning up and being told where to sit. Face mask on at all times in the ground and I believe no food and drink on sale in the ground. Add to that the forecast for Tuesday night is near freezing should be fun.

Really hoping Birmingham is reduced to Tier 2 on the 16/12 and be able to get to the Boxing Day game, if lucky.

Otis

Going to my first game next Tuesday at my other team, Exeter v Northampton in the EFL trophy. Limit of 1200, test event. Will be interesting to see how smoothly it runs. Waiting to be told when to turn up and what to do once inside. Got to pick my own seat, rather than turning up and being told where to sit. Face mask on at all times in the ground and I believe no food and drink on sale in the ground. Add to that the forecast for Tuesday night is near freezing should be fun.

Really hoping Birmingham is reduced to Tier 2 on the 16/12 and be able to get to the Boxing Day game, if lucky.
I stopped reading at "my other team".

🤪

BornSlippySkyBlue

Doubt it tbf. Think more likely they’ll split the West Midlands up and move Cov into tier 2. Hope I’m wrong (as I live here!).

Users who are viewing this thread