Fans back in grounds in September (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I think this “spike” is more serious than what’s being let on and not just in the U.K., death rate might not be as it first was as they have learnt early treatments etc but to lock down a city, Leicester, and then Greater Manchester plus other areas is telling me Government are worried they are now talking of isolating/shielding anyone over 50 who might be vulnerable. I’m sure football will carry on behind closed doors but I can’t see crowds being allowed into football for a good while yet maybe not until after Christmas. They cancelled Goodwood yesterday at very short notice so things ain’t looking good.

Get ifollow can watch every match home or away and club do earn revenue from it, it’s a pain in the ass admittedly but on a ccfc point of view having no agreement re the Ricoh is perhaps not so bad now. Finance wise would the cost per game be cheaper at STA or Ricoh ?

Garryb80

I think this “spike” is more serious than what’s being let on and not just in the U.K., death rate might not be as it first was as they have learnt early treatments etc but to lock down a city, Leicester, and then Greater Manchester plus other areas is telling me Government are worried they are now talking of isolating/shielding anyone over 50 who might be vulnerable. I’m sure football will carry on behind closed doors but I can’t see crowds being allowed into football for a good while yet maybe not until after Christmas. They cancelled Goodwood yesterday at very short notice so things ain’t looking good.

Get ifollow can watch every match home or away and club do earn revenue from it, it’s a pain in the ass admittedly but on a ccfc point of view having no agreement re the Ricoh is perhaps not so bad now. Finance wise would the cost per game be cheaper at STA or Ricoh ?
If fans can't attend by October a lot of clubs will fold. They are paying players now to return to training with no income and even now some are saying october is a stretch.

Magwitch

If fans can't attend by October a lot of clubs will fold. They are paying players now to return to training with no income and even now some are saying october is a stretch.
That could well be a consequence but there are businesses all over the country folding, although more emotional football is no different football has to help itself there’s plenty of tv finance out there and although they don’t seem to think it without the grass roots eventually the higher end of the pyramid.

Magwitch

That could well be a consequence but there are businesses all over the country folding, although more emotional football is no different football has to help itself there’s plenty of tv finance out there and although they don’t seem to think it without the grass roots eventually the higher end of the pyramid will suffer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oh and has anyone seen that the cricket also had their crowds cancelled?: County pilots for return of crowds cancelled by UK government | ESPNcricinfo.com

Cricket is in huge trouble. They were desperate to get fans back, but there's no chance of that this season now.

The commentator covering one of the games said that the clubs are quite angry at getting less than 24 hrs notice, finding out from a Johnson press conference then having to rush around trying to contact the fans who were coming! Very much in the spirit of this governments "make it up on the hoof" response to crisis...

I a way I'm pleasantly surprised that they have rowed back on it as I expected they'd plough on regardless due to the economy so the fact they have changed it IMO is a small plus in the column. With a situation like this changing things quickly is imperative as the situation can change quickly but releasing the information at a press conference with such little time to prepare isn't helpful from the so called party of business.

Magwitch

There is a bit of panic worldwide at the moment it’s been announced today in India there were just over 57000 new cases in the last 24 hours. I don’t think we are being told half to be honest Boris wouldn’t be fronting these meetings and making announcements to possible action if he wasn’t worried.

mark82

From what I've heard the deal at the Ricoh was very similar in cost to the deal at St. Andrews.

Skyblueweeman

I don't think that'll be the case. Clubs will have income strands, just not ST/Matchday revenue.

Skyblueweeman

Well Dover are on the verge of bankruptcy and all their players are available on a free. Just the first I fear
Like I said on another thread, matchday revenue only accounted for 15% of one L1 clubs finances, whom I was speaking to. That was from their Chairman.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

What sort of attendances was that based on WM?
Admittedly a L1 club at the lower end of the attendance scale. Not sure if that means they should be more reliant on ticket revenue or not though...economies of scale and all that!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread