Fans back at games (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
No singing, sitting miles away from other fans, probably no away fans, mile long queues for toilets, no beer, no packed pubs etc.

Many won't want to go back. Will be a scramble for the first few games then people will realise you can watch at home or pub on Ifollow or Sky more easily and cheaper.

Football for many is about the fan culture, that will be non-existent all season. For many that will be a reason not to go. Add to that the recession and people losing jobs.

It will be like that time I went up to a checkatrade game on my own, we were crammed into one stand and I think I had a block to myself. It was George Thomas I think who scored and it was disallowed, I was in the middle of the block jumping about like a right prick on my own.

Im so glad it wasn't a game with loads of away fans as if they saw Id have been hammered.

chiefdave

Who makes this garbage it’s like the 14 day quarantine I don’t know anyone who’s done it nobody gives a shit bit Boris keeps adding countries to the list their so out of touch with reality
Really hammers home how poor our enforcement is when they show other countries quarantine on the news. People in hotels which have had huge fences put up around them and the armed forces patrolling. Here you’re allowed to travel across the country and then we just hope people stay at home.

Malaka

I think each ground will have to risk assess. We are playing at Brum, family bubbles could sit together and if they opened up the rest of the ground, we could socially distance from everyone else. Good plan, fingers crossed and only a couple of thousand more season tickets sold, easy peasy.

skybluesam66

I think each ground will have to risk assess. We are playing at Brum, family bubbles could sit together and if they opened up the rest of the ground, we could socially distance from everyone else. Good plan, fingers crossed and only a couple of thousand more season tickets sold, easy peasy.
is that Michael Jackson?

usskyblue

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

shmmeee

I think a lot of Jews in Nazi Germany would’ve been quite grateful to be given a mask to wear. Ideally one that can filter out Zyklon B

BornSlippySkyBlue

It doesn't have to go into details, think of it as a blue badge type thing.

Although as somebody who has suffered with severe anxiety then going to Tesco wasn't the top of my list on days out.
Some kind of pass that people could pre-apply for could work, but you just know that they won’t bother with it they’ll just not bother policing it and then they can blame football fans for not doing as they’re told when they close it all down again. Standard MO.

Also when I said anxiety being a valid reason I meant more anxiety about having something covering your face (some people genuinely do) as opposed to the sort of general / social anxiety that makes being in public challenging.

In fact I think your ‘blue badge’ idea is probably the only realistic way of enforcing it, but no idea of the legal aspects.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

FC Dallas in MLS allowed 3000 fans in.

America has it bad so hopefully we can let a few thousand in over here?

America has it bad because the authorities don't seem to give a fuck and let people in.

There aren't many places in the world we couldn't learn from in terms of how to handle this crisis but one of those few who we shouldn't be looking to as how to behave is the US.

Johnnythespider

I find it concerning that society has been altered to view freedom as being selfish.

:unsure:
This is right up there with people who spout hate and then use freedom of speech as an excuse for being a c**t.
Behave like a selfish prick then shout "IT'S A FREE COUNTRY"

Nonleagueherewecome

In which case if people don't have something to say they are exempt they shouldn't moan if asked to put one on!
As someone who is exempt (asthma), it's really fucking annoying having to justify it all the time. Maybe I should hang a sign around my neck?

Evo1883

As someone who is exempt (asthma), it's really fucking annoying having to justify it all the time. Maybe I should hang a sign around my neck?

I have asthma and wear one... For a quick trip to the shops I don't see any issue with whacking one on... I can see your point for 2 hours worth of football... Sorry to be judgmental, my dad has COPD and has no issue wearing one either

Nonleagueherewecome

I have asthma and wear one... For a quick trip to the shops I don't see any issue with whacking one on... I can see your point for 2 hours worth of football... Sorry to be judgmental, my dad has COPD and has no issue wearing one either
Sorry, I really struggle to breath with one on. Especially since having Covid, my lungs just aren't recovering.

greys4life

Some kind of pass that people could pre-apply for could work, but you just know that they won’t bother with it they’ll just not bother policing it and then they can blame football fans for not doing as they’re told when they close it all down again. Standard MO.

Also when I said anxiety being a valid reason I meant more anxiety about having something covering your face (some people genuinely do) as opposed to the sort of general / social anxiety that makes being in public challenging.

In fact I think your ‘blue badge’ idea is probably the only realistic way of enforcing it, but no idea of the legal aspects.

There is no official 'letter' etc available from doctors but the gov have provided your own cut out badge :cool:

Nonleagueherewecome

Out of interest, how would / do you feel about people asking if you have a reason for not wearing one, if it's left at that, after you reply yes?
I'd rather they just don't ask and respect that it's for a reason. Getting on busses I don't mind, but in a shop you immediately get glared at and often approached and given attitude.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wear a fucking mask. Jesus my missus works in the hospital and wears one all day every day at work. It doesn’t stop you breathing FGS.
Can't you respect that everyone's different?

shmmeee

Can't you respect that everyone's different?

OK snowflake.

If your breathing problems are so severe that you can’t wear a mask, frankly you shouldn’t be out in the middle of a pandemic.

I simply don’t believe you can’t wear a mask, I just think you’re being selfish. I’m fact I’ve just googled and Asthma UK say even people with severe asthma can wear a mask. They just say “if you *feel* suffocated” then you can get away with it.

NorthernWisdom

OK snowflake.

If your breathing problems are so severe that you can’t wear a mask, frankly you shouldn’t be out in the middle of a pandemic.

I simply don’t believe you can’t wear a mask, I just think you’re being selfish. I’m fact I’ve just googled and Asthma UK say even people with severe asthma can wear a mask.
Think you're being a bit harsh, tbh.

shmmeee

Think you're being a bit harsh, tbh.

Ive yet to find anyone that has a genuine reason and isn’t shielding. People have been given an inch for a minority of genuine cases and used it to take a mile cos “freedom”. So yeah maybe I am, but I Stand by that a) masks don’t antagonise breathing problems and b) if your breathing is that laboured then you shouldn’t be out

I’ll happily make a bet that he can breathe fine and asthma is just an excuse because he doesn’t like masks.

Nonleagueherewecome

OK snowflake.

I simply don’t believe you can’t wear a mask, I just think you’re being selfish. I’m fact I’ve just googled and Asthma UK say even people with severe asthma can wear a mask. They just say “if you *feel* suffocated” then you can get away with it.
Snowflake? I thought you were better than that. Yes Asthma UK say you can, but that if you experience discomfort not to.

Who the fuck are you to tell me how bad my asthma is and how to manage it? Always respected your posts before now and I am quite shocked at your attitude. Seriously, go fuck yourself.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ive yet to find anyone that has a genuine reason and isn’t shielding. People have been given an inch for a minority of genuine cases and used it to take a mile cos “freedom”. So yeah maybe I am, but I Stand by that a) masks don’t antagonise breathing problems and b) if your breathing is that laboured then you shouldn’t be out

I’ll happily make a bet that he can breathe fine and asthma is just an excuse because he doesn’t like masks.
Are you me? Do you have my asthma? Have you had Covid? How do you know? Seriously, how fucking dare you!

Hadji's_Goatee

Your body, your choice 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread