Fans back at games (1 Viewer)

Malaka

is that Michael Jackson?

giphy.gif

letsallsingtogether

Problem too many people using medical reason as an excuse and fuck all wrong with them.
It's like the beggars in town pretending to be homeless, in the end you dont trust any of them.
When I worked in a foundry we had full face visors with a pump you could hook on your belt they were battery operated and circulated air nothing stopping people wearing them.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Which is about as useful as one I’d make at home! Think that’s the problem, if there was some kind of ‘exemption’ certificate or something it would save a lot of arguments but would require, like you say, a doctor’s note of some sort (if it was a medical reason). Not sure the government would want to put more work on the NHS at present, and even if they did make it a requirement notes of that sort from a doctor usually cost money.

Which would be yet another expense for a cohort that can least afford it. Still, they seem to have found the magic money tree, so maybe the government will pay for a scheme...

Johnnythespider

Which is about as useful as one I’d make at home! Think that’s the problem, if there was some kind of ‘exemption’ certificate or something it would save a lot of arguments but would require, like you say, a doctor’s note of some sort (if it was a medical reason). Not sure the government would want to put more work on the NHS at present, and even if they did make it a requirement notes of that sort from a doctor usually cost money.

Which would be yet another expense for a cohort that can least afford it. Still, they seem to have found the magic money tree, so maybe the government will pay for a scheme...
If it's asthma they could just show their inhaler

BigadamL

I’ve just finished self isolation after returning from Ibiza went into the local shop today and not one fucker had a mask on apart from me!! People do not take it seriously and then moan when we are not allowed to do anything. In Ibiza where apparently it’s high risk you can’t go anywhere without a mask on (no excuse) if you can’t wear one you don’t go out. Every bar/hotel you went I. They took your temperature and if you didn’t have a mask you weren’t allowed in. Felt so much more comfortable in the high risk Ibiza then I do here.
Britain seem to have a I’m Rock hard so it won’t get me attitude, they need to give the heads a wobble.
When we are allowed back in I will be wearing a mask and eventually when I take my kids they will be. I just don’t trust some scruffy bastards around

BigadamL

Shouldn’t need one, can’t wear a mask don’t go out, I don’t know why people would put themselves at risk if they can’t put a mask on for a medical condition, my mum has bad asthma and is over 60 and works for the NHS, she was told to self isolate at the start for 12 weeks. She knew the risks and did everything she could to keep herself safe. She went in shops with a mask on at low peak times.
No excuse in my eyes

Paxman II

Wow lots of opinion here. Think we need to respect peoples opinion regardless if it aligns with your own.
face mask are an imposition, embarrasing for many and cause anxiety in others. I wear one in the local supermarket out of respect for the vast majority, even though I consider it pointless. If you wear one then why do we both need to wear one?
Where I live the place is crazy busy with tourist all roaming around, eating in tea rooms, restaurants, hotels are fully booked, and there's just no way the guidlines can be strictly adhered to. This has gone on since the end of lockdown and not one person has succumbed to the virus who is on the wrong end of these visitors.
My wife works right in the thick of it, in a hotel and restaurant, and if anyone was going to get it - it would be her. Guest from all over the world are here daily. There is just only so much you can do. You have to wonder at what point have we been 'conditioned' to believe this virus will get everyone? Pockets of contractions around the country exist for good reason you simply can't turn a blind eye to.
Did the goverment not scale back the death rate numbers on a recount the other day, to just over 5000? I do believe we are over reacting and the fear factor has been firmly established in the population.

Saddlebrains

Wow lots of opinion here. Think we need to respect peoples opinion regardless if it aligns with your own.
face mask are an imposition, embarrasing for many and cause anxiety in others. I wear one in the local supermarket out of respect for the vast majority, even though I consider it pointless. If you wear one then why do we both need to wear one?
Where I live the place is crazy busy with tourist all roaming around, eating in tea rooms, restaurants, hotels are fully booked, and there's just no way the guidlines can be strictly adhered to. This has gone on since the end of lockdown and not one person has succumbed to the virus who is on the wrong end of these visitors.
My wife works right in the thick of it, in a hotel and restaurant, and if anyone was going to get it - it would be her. Guest from all over the world are here daily. There is just only so much you can do. You have to wonder at what point have we been 'conditioned' to believe this virus will get everyone? Pockets of contractions around the country exist for good reason you simply can't turn a blind eye to.
Did the goverment not scale back the death rate numbers on a recount the other day, to just over 5000? I do believe we are over reacting and the fear factor has been firmly established in the population.

Fantastically put 👌

BornSlippySkyBlue

I consider it pointless. If you wear one then why do we both need to wear one?
Because you or I might have asymptomatic Covid 19 and by wearing a mask I am reducing the risk of giving it to YOU. Or your wife. I don’t consider taking responsibility for everyone’s health an imposition on my liberty, which is why I don’t drive at 80mph in a 20mph zone. If I choose to drive like a lunatic I’m only affecting myself? Same logic.

Paxman II

Because you or I might have asymptomatic Covid 19 and by wearing a mask I am reducing the risk of giving it to YOU. Or your wife. I don’t consider taking responsibility for everyone’s health an imposition on my liberty, which is why I don’t drive at 80mph in a 20mph zone. If I choose to drive like a lunatic I’m only affecting myself? Same logic.

Asymptomatic is such bullshit tbh. Not doubting the virus will and has effected people with underline helath conditions largely responsible. So if you believe wearing a mask means you are safe then I'm not seeing why I should be concerened, and equally why you should be concerened if I'm not wearing one? You consider a mask protects you, OK fine.

Johnnythespider

Well they weren't going to recount and add 5000 were they

BornSlippySkyBlue

Asymptomatic is such bullshit tbh. Not doubting the virus will and has effected people with underline helath conditions largely responsible. So if you believe wearing a mask means you are safe then I'm not seeing why I should be concerened, and equally why you should be concerened if I'm not wearing one? You consider a mask protects you, OK fine.
Can you read? I’m not sure how to make this any more simple. The idea of wearing a mask is to help stop YOU from infecting OTHERS. It isn’t a guarantee of safety, it is one of many measures that added together help to reduce the spread of viruses and other pathogens. If we can reduce the spread enough, it will slowly die out and be less of an issue. If everyone says fuck it, I’m embarrassed to cover my face in public, wash my hands, and keep my distance from other people — then we are all, collectively making things worse.

What is the actual problem with taking measures that are intended to benefit all of us? I don’t get the argument, it only seems to come from people who fundamentally don’t get it. I don’t wear a mask because I think it makes me safe, I wear it in case I have a deadly, infectious illness that I’m not aware of because I don’t want to spread the virus to other people.

If you think it’s all a conspiracy (asymptomatic is bullshit? Really? Multiple studies say otherwise) and it really isn’t that serious then maybe a tin foil hat would be more appropriate than a mask?

chiefdave

As has just been explained to you the benefit of mask wearing is that you don't pass things on to other people. People are wearing them to protect others not themselves.

Paxman II

"I don’t wear a mask because I think it makes me safe, I wear it in case I have a deadly, infectious illness that I’m not aware of because I don’t want to spread the virus to other people"

Good for you.Your'e safe!

chiefdave

What is the actual problem with taking measures that are intended to benefit all of us? I don’t get the argument, it only seems to come from people who fundamentally don’t get it. I don’t wear a mask because I think it makes me safe, I wear it in case I have a deadly, infectious illness that I’m not aware of because I don’t want to spread the virus to other people.

If you think it’s all a conspiracy (asymptomatic is bullshit? Really? Multiple studies say otherwise) and it really isn’t that serious then maybe a tin foil hat would be more appropriate than a mask?
These may help, here's a study showing the impact mask mandates had in various US states.
Here's a study that looks at transmission rates in countries where mask wearing is the norm compared to those where it isn't.
This ones an article about a chap who flew, while unknowingly infected, but was wearing a mask. He didn't pass it on to other passengers.
How about a hairdressers in Missouri where they were unknowingly operating while infected but were wearing masks. Customers were not infected.
Here's some research showing that 80% of people wearing masks is more effective than being in lockdown.

fernandopartridge

Christ, you talk utter drivel. One of the posters on this forum died aged 35 from this you clown.

chiefdave

"I don’t wear a mask because I think it makes me safe, I wear it in case I have a deadly, infectious illness that I’m not aware of because I don’t want to spread the virus to other people"

Good for you.Your'e safe!
Are you deliberately missing the point? If he wears a mask its not to protect him its to protect others, its not to keep him safe. For him to be safe needs everyone else to wear a mask. People not wearing masks is endangering other people.

Paxman II

Christ, you talk utter drivel. One of the posters on this forum died aged 35 from this you clown.

OK can't and won't keep answering every poster, I have better things to do. Ihave not in anyway said it has not effected people and deaths have happened so do not get your point about a poster on here.
As for a clown, I last dressed like that when I was five and I used to drivel a lot back then....

SBAndy

Is being embarrassed about wearing one really a thing? People need to get a grip. Exemptions should be officially recorded and people who are exempt should carry a card (could even adapt this into something to go in Apple Wallet/equivalent) and should present this when required. Wouldn’t even have to have the reason for exemption on there. Failure to present valid exemption equals a fine.

NorthernWisdom

Exemptions should be officially recorded and people who are exempt should carry a card (could even adapt this into something to go in Apple Wallet/equivalent) and should present this when required. Wouldn’t even have to have the reason for exemption on there.
I think that'd also be better for the likes of NLHWC, whose cause isn't being helped by the insanity being spouted here last night!

Covkid1968#

Can you read? I’m not sure how to make this any more simple. The idea of wearing a mask is to help stop YOU from infecting OTHERS. It isn’t a guarantee of safety, it is one of many measures that added together help to reduce the spread of viruses and other pathogens. If we can reduce the spread enough, it will slowly die out and be less of an issue. If everyone says fuck it, I’m embarrassed to cover my face in public, wash my hands, and keep my distance from other people — then we are all, collectively making things worse.

Completely.... I’ve had fully fit people die in my family from it. It took away some great future for them and us that are left. When this virus visits your family you take it seriously. Doesn’t stop me going out to the pub.... but it makes wearing a mask in shops etc the least I can do if it stops what some of my family are going through for just 1 person.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Is being embarrassed about wearing one really a thing? People need to get a grip. Exemptions should be officially recorded and people who are exempt should carry a card (could even adapt this into something to go in Apple Wallet/equivalent) and should present this when required. Wouldn’t even have to have the reason for exemption on there. Failure to present valid exemption equals a fine.
I agree, lots don’t it seems.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Completely.... I’ve had fully fit people die in my family from it. It took away some great future for them and us that are left. When this virus visits your family you take it seriously. Doesn’t stop me going out to the pub.... but it makes wearing a mask in shops etc the least I can do if it stops what some of my family are going through for just 1 person.
Sorry to hear about your family’s losses, and totally agree. Even if it only ‘might’ help, why not do it (unless you have a genuine reason of course).

Users who are viewing this thread