FA Cup 4th round draw/discussion (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Depends what your stance is. For instance I will never ever go to Northampton. We shouldn't be there. But will go to as many away games as I can. The more away games with big followings of Coventry fans will keep reminding them on what they are missing. One decent pay day for them won't cover their losses.

Manure away and I will go if not at work. Manure at home and I won't go as we don't play at home. Quite simple really.

Exactly my stance as well.

Oh, and Yeovil, Bmth, Southampton and either Bristols. In that order of preference.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just looked at fixture list:

Carlisle home (Thursday night)

FA cup 4th round Saturday(or Sun?)

L Orient (away) Tuesday

- surely we'll have to shift something? - unless we play FA cup game on a Sunday - with L Orient knocked out, they would be licking their lips at our schedule if we have to play all 3 in that period? :eek:

LB87ccfc

Just looked at fixture list:

Carlisle home (Thursday night)

FA cup 4th round Saturday(or Sun?)

You would imagine the game vs Carlisle has to be re-scheduled.

Anyone who is beatable next round please, not sure about a premier league side..

L Orient (away) Tuesday

- surely we'll have to shift something? - unless we play FA cup game on a Sunday - with L Orient knocked out, they would be licking their lips at our schedule if we have to play all 3 in that period? :eek:

Hobo

Carlisle was originally scheduled for Sun moved for their convenience because of Tues fixture. Carlisle might be cancelled like any other weekend league fixture due to FA Cup.

ccfc92

I wouldn't mind West Ham away, purely because I've never been to Upton Park, and they may be moving stadium soon, so a last chance to go to a historic ground tbh

shoesmith81

I would love an away game at either
- Man U
- Man City (stadium to tick of my list)
- Arsenal (was sadly on holiday last time we played them)
- Chelsea (Did virtually every Prem ground in the late 90's and remember Chelsea was so fucking expensive!) Have a fair few quid these days compared to when I was a 16 year old kid.
- Liverpool (Remember going to the FA. Cup game where Dion, Telfer and Huckerby scored to beat them 3-1).
- Everton (proper old school stadium and we would get a decent allocation
- Newcastle
- Leeds (one to tick off the list. Something has always popped up when we have played there).
- Yeovil (very close to my Mum's)
- Hull (brother lives there and would like to tick this one off the list

Or any stadium I hasn't yet visited following the Sky Blues!

SkyBlueSid

So the deal is that the Carlisle game on the Thursday will be postponed, as that was our weekend game. If we are drawn at home, Northampton play there v Southend on the Saturday so the cup game will have to be the Sunday. And in that case the Leyton Orient away game will almost certainly move from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Isn't success complicated....

SkyBlueSid

I would love an away game at either
- Man U
- Man City (stadium to tick of my list)
- Arsenal (was sadly on holiday last time we played them)
- Chelsea (Did virtually every Prem ground in the late 90's and remember Chelsea was so fucking expensive!) Have a fair few quid these days compared to when I was a 16 year old kid.
- Liverpool (Remember going to the FA. Cup game where Dion, Telfer and Huckerby scored to beat them 3-1).
- Everton (proper old school stadium and we would get a decent allocation
- Newcastle
- Leeds (one to tick off the list. Something has always popped up when we have played there).
- Yeovil (very close to my Mum's)
- Hull (brother lives there and would like to tick this one off the list

Or any stadium I hasn't yet visited following the Sky Blues!

Somehow I don't see us being drawn at Elland Road this season!:laugh:

ccfcway

So the deal is that the Carlisle game on the Thursday will be postponed, as that was our weekend game. If we are drawn at home, Northampton play there v Southend on the Saturday so the cup game will have to be the Sunday. And in that case the Leyton Orient away game will almost certainly move from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Isn't success complicated....

the grim reality that FA Cup 4th round and mid table in League One is success

The Gentleman

Why? I'm hoping for a nice easy home tie.

What would you class as a 'nice easy home tie'. If it was lower opposition then the likelyhood would be that the away team would have more fans there than us due to a 'big day out' or the chance of a so called giant killing so would it really be a HOME game and if it were bigger opposition then they would also probably bring more than the Sixfields attendees could muster.

ccfc92

What would you class as a 'nice easy home tie'. If it was lower opposition then the likelyhood would be that the away team would have more fans there than us due to a 'big day out' or the chance of a so called giant killing so would it really be a HOME game and if it were bigger opposition then they would also probably bring more than the Sixfields attendees could muster.

don't forget the Northampton locals and free tickets

wingy

Hav'nt read the entire thread so forgive if already suggested .

I'd like to see MK Dons get through their replay and we play them away again for double the Hypocrisy .Conversely the same tie @ Sixfields where less would watch than the away following we'd take to MK.:p

Covstu

Would love either Man City or Liverpool away for a good day out but fear we would get murdered on both accounts! A big team at 6fields would be a sellout, would be interesting to see how peoples 'resolve' keeps intact if we had a man utd at home.

ccfc92

Would love either Man City or Liverpool away for a good day out but fear we would get murdered on both accounts! A big team at 6fields would be a sellout, would be interesting to see how peoples 'resolve' keeps intact if we had a man utd at home.

I think those that are staying away will stay away. but the fairweathers and northamptons locals will flock there. the hill would be great that day though

Covstu

I think those that are staying away will stay away. but the fairweathers and northamptons locals will flock there. the hill would be great that day though

i agree in the main but I think some will bend to it..

ohitsaidwalker king power

MK Dons to beat Wigan in the replay.... and then an even bigger following of 'hypocritical' sky blue lemmings flocking to Buckinghamshire...fill the top tier as well!! ;)

Wouldn't that fixture make for an interesting debate on this forum!!:p

Edited: 'Berkshire' to 'Buckinghamshire' for ease of read!!! (special thanks to Rusty Trombone!!)

Last edited:

skybluefred

We have two major priorities this season, !/ avoid relegation and 2/ try to secure a top 6 finish and gain
promotion via the play off's.
Anything that alters our concentration level is a bad thing and that includes cup match's. It also gives the added risk of further key players being injured (Leon Clarke) today for instance.(although he didn't stay off).

If we can sign a further 5 experienced players to cover these risks OK, but that isn't likely is it?.

Covstu

totally disagree, cup games can boost morale and take the pressure of the league off for a week.

fernandopartridge

We have two major priorities this season, !/ avoid relegation and 2/ try to secure a top 6 finish and gain
promotion via the play off's.
Anything that alters our concentration level is a bad thing and that includes cup match's. It also gives the added risk of further key players being injured (Leon Clarke) today for instance.(although he didn't stay off).

If we can sign a further 5 experienced players to cover these risks OK, but that isn't likely is it?.

Drivel

Its more likely they would move it to anywhere other than the Ricoh as they would end up looking even more stupid with a full house at HOME

ohitsaidwalker king power

What ground in Berkshire will people be going to?

Is it not in Berkshire then?.. sorry my Geography was never the best..... gods honest truth this story..

I once went to catch the eurotunnel from Felixstowe..!!!:eek:

EDIT: LOL...its in Buckinghamshire.. there I go again!!!
NB dont ever follow me...... got lost in Barnsley today!! LMFAO!!:pointlaugh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread