FA Cup 4th round draw/discussion (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So now that we've dispatched of Barnsley who do we want?

With Leicester and Aston Villa out now, we don't really have any possible local derbies. Would we prefer a money spinning away tie to one of the big boys?

Or a team like Stevenage, Rochdale, Southend which would give us a good chance of progressing further.

ccfc92

Progressing further please. SISU have promised to cover losses, so surely we don't need the money? (tongue firmly in cheek)

Otis

Fingers crossed it is not a 'home' draw.

Unless it is Man U and we will have known that we would have had well over 20,000 had it been at the Ricoh.

Hobo

Fingers crossed it is not a 'home' draw.

Unless it is Man U and we will have known that we would have had well over 20,000 had it been at the Ricoh.

We would sell it out man!

ccfc92

I think a big "Home" draw would be interesting. Although the Northampton locals will invade, so it wouldn't be a fair assessment

SkyBlueSid

I think that if we get a home draw against a 'big' Premier club, it will be a sellout. The usual 1500 will go, plus a substantial away contingent. The stay away fans will still stay away. The slack will be taken up by the once-in-a-blue-moon brigade who made up most of the 30000 for the Crewe game, the Chelsea quarter-final and so on.

Hobo

Got a feeling it will be Away v Huddersfield.

ccfc92

I think that if we get a home draw against a 'big' Premier club, it will be a sellout. The usual 1500 will go, plus a substantial away contingent. The stay away fans will still stay away. The slack will be taken up by the once-in-a-blue-moon brigade who made up most of the 30000 for the Crewe game, the Chelsea quarter-final and so on.

spot on Sid. That's exactly what will happen :( then TF can have his "play well and they will come"

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
A one off game at the Ricoh?... Wonder what the Sixfields contract says about Cup games?

italiahorse

We now need a massive game away and fill the quota. Another 11000 at Man U.
Contrast that with a continued low Sixfields attendance and we might get some better publicity and maybe some bad publicity for SISU. Worse case would be a home draw against a big team and Sixfields full of Northampton fans and the special few.

ccfc92

We now need a massive game away and fill the quota. Another 11000 at Man U.
Contrast that with a continued low Sixfields attendance and we might get some better publicity and maybe some bad publicity for SISU. Worse case would be a home draw against a big team and Sixfields full of Northampton fans and the special few.

agreed. plus Man U get the most coverage in the country, which would result in more coverage for us

SkyBlue_Bear83

Villa, oh, the are out

what about leicester, oh, they are out

Wolves, oh !
West Brom went out today as well.
Derby and Nottingham Forest both face premier league sides tomorrow so we could be the only midlands team in the 4th round by this time tomorrow?

Joelly

Forest away - lived there all my life all my mates follow them

Sheffield utd away - i could hit the stadium with a stone from the window of my uni flat

Everton/ Man City / United / Liverpool away - Big stadiums = big followings = big day out

SkyBlueSid

A one off game at the Ricoh?... Wonder what the Sixfields contract says about Cup games?

What I'd love to see is a home draw v ManUre or Liverpool, and the local Plod saying they cannot stage it safely at Northampton's collection of sheds. As switching to the away venue is not an option these days, it would have to be switched to a suitable nearby venue.

Can anyone think of one......??

SkyBlue_Bear83

What I'd love to see is a home draw v ManUre or Liverpool, and the local Plod saying they cannot stage it safely at Northampton's collection of sheds. As switching to the away venue is not an option these days, it would have to be switched to a suitable nearby venue.

Would that happen though? Surely they have to an action plan in place in case Northampton ever drew a big club?

Didn't Northampton play Man Utd at Sixfields before, as people said they fenced off the view from the hill for that match.

SkyBlueSid

Would that happen though? Surely they have to an action plan in place in case Northampton ever drew a big club?

Didn't Northampton play Man Utd at Sixfields before, as people said they fenced off the view from the hill for that match.

I don't know, it's just a bit of wishful thinking. I'm sure the club would do everything to avoid having to play even a one-off at the Ricoh because it would be a sell-out without a doubt, and that would make them look more stupid than they already do.

The reality is that if we did draw ManUre it would be on TV at some strange time, so they wouldn't give a toss.

The CableGuy

Vill- I mean Leic- I mean, Liverpool away. Sky Blue Army invasion of Merseyside to follow.

I would be interesting if it was Liverpool at home. Can Sixfields handle that? Can the hill? Such a fixture would be great for pubs in Northampton while pubs within a Cov postcode miss out on potential revenue. Meanwhile, an empty 33,000 stadium would sit there screaming "USE MMMMMEEEEEE!!""

Last edited:

italiahorse

Nice home game at Sixfields PLEASE! PUSB

I'd settle for Ricoh by police request. Best scenario.

KarmicChris

I think a big away day would be good. Wouldn't have fans come out of the woodwork to watch us and we could be on tele' and you never know there might be a billionaire out there watch us and see the plight we're going through...

Kneeza

Just up the road in Cleethorpes for me please! (Whaddya mean, Grimsby are out? Bugger).

Oh well. Old Trafford will have to do then.

Users who are viewing this thread