FA charge Davies over stamping claim (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
One assumes they will appeal just to possibly have him available ?

It depends how long it takes, I know sometimes people appeal to then delay the suspension for the next game but with it being playoffs and the final games if it is appealed I can see them sorting the appeal before the next game anyway.

Otis

FWIW, the Cov Telegraph vote has over 1000 voters on whether the stamp was a red card offence or not, and it's currently 54% yes, 46% no. The disciplinary panel of 3 refs has to be unanimous that it was a red card offence, so despite the bias I'm sure some fans have shown in the voting, maybe it won't be a clear cut decision.
This is City fans though.

Put it to a nationwide vote and it would be much closer to 90%.

Nick

Administrator
Then again we could put the amoebi one to a vote, or their goal where their player was wrestling Burge back and I am sure that would be conclusive ;)

rob9872

Villa played the same time as us and their second leg is tonight. We're being penalised by Sky having the games further apart in the first place just so they can show on tv. If we were today, we'd appeal and he'd be available regardless of the outcome.

Otis

Villa played the same time as us and their second leg is tonight. We're being penalised by Sky having the games further apart in the first place just so they can show on tv. If we were today, we'd appeal and he'd be available regardless of the outcome.
Fair point. Never thought of that.

Even tomorrow perhaps. Found guilty tonight, appeal, appeal heard after the game against NC.

mark82

No strictly true, they tend to rush through the hearing before the game .

skyblueelephant76

We're being penalised by having the most rest between games out of all the ties? Evil Sky...

Sky Blue Harry H

If we lose him, but get through, Willis would be more effective in a final against Exeter (who I think will prevail against Lincoln). As others have said, although he has been good, we do have adequate replacements for him - and Willis has more recovery skills with his speed.

smileycov

Facebook User
Then again we could put the amoebi one to a vote, or their goal where their player was wrestling Burge back and I am sure that would be conclusive ;)
did you see burge shove there player out the way during the first half? at a corner...Lesson learned from ML, perhaps.

Nick

Administrator
did you see burge shove there player out the way during the first half? at a corner...Lesson learned from ML, perhaps.

Yep, it was the first one. I think we got a free kick from it too.

If we just take it, it goes unnoticed. Although if the ref saw the pen and thinks it was unfair, watch burge shove their player and the next ref even it up.

skyblueinBaku

Yes, I saw that. He should do it every time he's being blocked like that.

Nick

Administrator
Always going to get a ban, Sky Sports said so.

Just means when games aren't on Sky, get into them.

Terry Gibson's perm

A three game ban it’s a shame he didn’t do it harder then and damaged the player

Terry Gibson's perm

I would love to see us win on Friday and him come onto 5he pitch for a little dance in front of Nolan

Nick

Administrator
Are players allowed to sit on the bench if suspended? I know the other week McDonald wasnt named in the squad but was sat there.

Just let him sit on the bench and stare at Nolan all game.

covcity4life

hes an idiot, i guess now we know why he never starts,just a brute no brains

if appeal means he can play club should just do it anyway? whats worst they can do? increase it to 4 games?

hill83

Costs money to appeal doesn’t it? Total guess to be fair but should get a few tinfoil hats shined up.

It looked like he did it on purpose to me. So no arguments with a ban.

Hobo

Are players allowed to sit on the bench if suspended? I know the other week McDonald wasnt named in the squad but was sat there.

Just let him sit on the bench and stare at Nolan all game.

I think not being named in the squad and being banned are different matters? Might be wrong though.

Sky Blue Pete

Trial by media I’m incensed but not surprised. The shit we’ve put up with on occasion. Big big loss but would be so great to beat them and use this as a motivation

Nick

Administrator
I think not being named in the squad and being banned are different matters? Might be wrong though.

You probably can't, just wondered if it would be allowed or not. Would be something Nolan would try to do anyway if it was the other way round to play games.

Nick

Administrator
Trial by media I’m incensed but not surprised. The shit we’ve put up with on occasion. Big big loss but would be so great to beat them and use this as a motivation

Yep, it's as if something doesn't happen on Sky it hasn't happened. the biggest issue with football nowadays.

oucho

I'm feeling a bit less confident now than I was 30 minutes ago......

clint van damme

hes an idiot, i guess now we know why he never starts,just a brute no brains

if appeal means he can play club should just do it anyway? whats worst they can do? increase it to 4 games?

Don't talk rubbish, he's our best defender by a mile. If he'd hadn't got injured we might have reached the automatics. We certainly wouldn't have got bullied against Notts and Lincoln like we did.

Users who are viewing this thread