FA charge Davies over stamping claim (1 Viewer)

Otis

like County do? So Ameobis elbow was jut within the law? If that'd been on Sky he'd have been done. Davis main error was doing it in a televised game.
Yup.

Apparently it is fine as long as you get away with it.

mark82

Yup.

Apparently it is fine as long as you get away with it.

I still don't see that it was intentional. Can't pretend I've over analysed it though.

I like Davies but it's not like we don't have adequate replacements.

ccfcricoh

Notts thinking they've hit jackpot with this... can't wait for Willis to get winner... 40/1 last goalscorer

Hopefully this spurs the guys on, could do with Doyle avoiding a first half booking

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Still think had the ref seen at the time it would have been yellow at most but never mind we have a choice of good replacements.

Otis

Still think had the ref seen at the time it would have been yellow at most but never mind we have a choice of good replacements.
I agree. I think it would have been a yellow.

Had he stamped on his foot, on trod on it with force, then it would have been a red.

kapowaz

The number of people defending Davies in this thread is shocking. If this exact stunt had been pulled by an opposition player you’d all be spitting blood over this. It was the most blatant, calculated and pointless stamp and he deserves to be banned for it, city player or no.

Maybe some of you only saw a single angle replay but on Sky it was really, really obvious what he was up to; looking down and adjusting his stride to ensure he landed studs-down on Duffy’s shin (if you think it was an accident ask yourself this: why do players only ever ‘accidentally’ tread on other players in situations like this, instead of just tripping over their legs etc.?)

Yes the ban sucks for us as a team but what’s the point of even taking an interest in this sport if blatant, violent disregard for good sportsmanship isn’t disciplined ?

Otis

The number of people defending Davies in this thread is shocking. If this exact stunt had been pulled by an opposition player you’d all be spitting blood over this. It was the most blatant, calculated and pointless stamp and he deserves to be banned for it, city player or no.

Maybe some of you only saw a single angle replay but on Sky it was really, really obvious what he was up to; looking down and adjusting his stride to ensure he landed studs-down on Duffy’s shin (if you think it was an accident ask yourself this: why do players only ever ‘accidentally’ tread on other players in situations like this, instead of just tripping over their legs etc.?)

Yes the ban sucks for us as a team but what’s the point of even taking an interest in this sport if blatant, violent disregard for good sportsmanship isn’t disciplined ?
Hasn't it now been accepted by just about everyone that it was deliberate?

I do still have an issue with 'stamp' though. He definitely made sure he trod down on his leg, but it wasn't a stamp.

That's in no way excusing it.

Had I seen it in the night I would have said he deserved a red card.

I would say the same, opposition player or City player. Makes no difference.

kapowaz

Hasn't it now been accepted by just about everyone that it was deliberate?

I dunno, I started reading the thread from the start this morning and a lot of replies still seemed very much in the camp of this-is-bullshit-and-unfair. Perhaps there’s been a sniff of coffee and some acceptance since then.

Otis

I dunno, I started reading the thread from the start this morning and a lot of replies still seemed very much in the camp of this-is-bullshit-and-unfair. Perhaps there’s been a sniff of coffee and some acceptance since then.
I think some have revisited it and come to the conclusion that it had to be deliberate.

For me it is the looking down before he did it that gives away the intention.

kapowaz

Yup. Plus in the slow-motion replay you can see him shift his weight mid-stride to ensure he came down where he wanted.

Anyway, moving on.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s the arbitrary nature of what’s punished that is unfair. No way in a million years that he gets a ban following a league game. Why not replay the game as the penalty wasn’t a penalty either?

In fact I think Notts county should be awarded a win let’s not bother playing the second leg.

So far all the home teams in the second leg have got through let’s not bother turning up

stupot07

I don't know what people are complaining about, deserved the 3 match ban, especially when you add in the scuffle he had with Forte when he booted him of the ball in thr second half. Had the ref seen either of the incidents in real time he wouod have got a red. No point blaming the fa, its Davis that made the stupid decisions to do those things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

I don't know what people are complaining about, deserved the 3 match ban, especially when you add in the scuffle he had with Forte when he booted him of the ball in thr second half. Had the ref seen either of the incidents in real time he wouod have got a red. No point blaming the fa, its Davis that made the stupid decisions to do those things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ratiinality is out of the window.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City boss Mark Robins has taken disciplinary action against defender Tom Davies whom he says is ‘stupid’ for stamping on Notts County skipper Richard Duffy in the play-off semi-final first leg at the Ricoh Arena.

The Sky Blues boss believes the centre-half was not malicious in his actions but says he deserves to be punished for the incident which resulted him being found guilty of violent conduct by the FA who took retrospective action, banning him for three games.

Speaking for the first time since Davies was slapped with the costly suspension, Robins said: “Tom Davies has been stupid and he has apologised.

“He has hurt himself big time.

“If we progress then he misses the final and if we do not then he misses the start of next season

“There certainly was not any malice in the incident, he was just silly and he has been punished for it.

“He cannot blame anybody but himself for it and he has been punished accordingly by the powers that be and the club too.”

Users who are viewing this thread