F1 2021 (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

As they're level on points now who is leading the championship, why and what happens if they both DNF next week?

tisza

An interesting race for so many wrong reasons. Probably lucky noone got hurt. It's a track that needs some work.
Max got to get his head sorted out for last race.

NorthernWisdom

Anyway, Hamilton overwhelming favourite now. Has the momentum, his teammate's actually up with him as opposed to Perez, car is mighty fast, and he has the experience of doing it before. I don't see an accident deciding the last race, I think Hamilton will sail off into the distance.

tisza

Still not over as Max still has to go the stewards over the "brake test" incident. Possible grid penalty for next week?

Corrado

I’d love to see saddlebrains and all the other max obsessed fans defending his pure dirty tactics today. Summed up perfectly today the type of driver he is

Sky Blue Harry H

It's like that Roller derby sport where you just know that Verstappen is happy to crash to prevent Hamilton winning/overtaking. Would anyone be honestly surprised if Max 'accidentally' collided with Hamilton to try and secure the title, Not sure whether the stewards would be allowed to allocate a points deduction, if it was deserved. Presumably so, because you cannot encourage deliberate crashing of cars doing 200mph, Christian Horner acting like a tw&t too - 'I don't know why he ran into the back of you Max' Talk about trying to make the narrative.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Verstappen's occasional weasly pencil moustache reminds me of that bloke out of 70s group Sparks. Horrible.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Lewis just said on sky that in 24 years of racing he's come across 7 or 8 characters to whom the rules don't seem to apply, that they do their own thing.
When pushed as to whether verstappen was one he agreed.

Liquid Gold

What I got from watching the Netflix doc is that Max is a bit gung ho anyway but Horner blows so much smoke up his arse he feels like he can do no wrong. Then they feel like the world is against them that makes them both angrier and take more risks.

Could be talking bollocks of course.

Saddlebrains

I’d love to see saddlebrains and all the other max obsessed fans defending his pure dirty tactics today. Summed up perfectly today the type of driver he is

Not at all, pressures clearly got to him and hes fucked it. Crossed the line for me.

Backed him all year but im struggling too now.

Lewis has been a man possessed since Brazil and it shows how good he is

tisza

What I got from watching the Netflix doc is that Max is a bit gung ho anyway but Horner blows so much smoke up his arse he feels like he can do no wrong. Then they feel like the world is against them that makes them both angrier and take more risks.

The bit I got from the Red Bull team guys in Budapest is that Marko is the antzy one - feels that his money allows him to push the limits and should give him special influence in F1. And Jos Verstappen isn't considered to be a healthy influence either - very self-entitled.
His football teams haven't won many popularity contests for bending the rules on FFP either.

Paul Anthony

Red Bull have been this way for years. Remember when Vettel hit Webber in Turkey? The whole world knew it was Vettel's fault. Horner and Marko? They blamed Webber for it. They have their favourites, and when they do they can do no wrong no matter what they do. Verstappen is the next one in line to that.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot about Max I can appreciate. No doubt he's a proper balls to the wall racer, and he always drives in the edge. And clearly, he's shit hot fast. But, he's been in F1 since 2015. And he's earned a reputation for being someone who often crosses the line with the rules. By now, he should realise there's a need to show maturity and in any other team I think he may have calmed down a little. But, Red Bull protect him at all costs, it enables him to drive the way he does.

That's my two cents on it.

tisza

When all is said and done it's been a far better season (probably one of the best ever) having a team and a driver that have been able to take it to Mercedes. Line been crossed probably a few times but sometimes that's better than just rolling over. "Officiating and enforcement "needs sorting out for next season (if the new car/budget changes do close the field up ) there's other hungry , quick young drivers there that are more than happy to push the limits in similar fashion

tisza

Just hoping next week isn't a big anticlimax.
Both drivers finish the race and title is one cleanly on the track.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Track should never be allowed but it was unbelievably exciting.

Final race level on points, but Max wins if they end up level.

If it looks like Lewis is going to beat him he'll take him out if he gets the chance. He's just a nutcase who doesn't care about anyone else or the safety of others. Also wouldn't be surprised for either team have an 'issue' requiring a safety car if the other has a healthy lead.

it's going to be dirty.

covcity4life

Max is amazing to watch. Hopefully he gets over the line....first lol.

5 sec penalty cos lewis doesn't know how to overtake lol. Extreme Bias from the British patriots backing lewis but hopefully max can overcome the odds

Paul Anthony

Max is amazing to watch. Hopefully he gets over the line....first lol.

5 sec penalty cos lewis doesn't know how to overtake lol. Extreme Bias from the British patriots backing lewis but hopefully max can overcome the odds

Well, the 5 seconds was because Lewis had all but made the overtake and was making the corner. Thing is Max, in trying to defend, didn't make the corner and took them both off wide. That's not on. He then compounded it by slowing down more or less on the racing line and then braking erratically whilst yielding the place. Race control ordered Max to let him by, but were only telling Mercedes it was happening as that incident happened. He should have moved off the line to do it. It's safer.

The situation would have been avoided had the race director and Stewards done their job in Brazil and given Max the penalty then. Instead, they've allowed this situation to boil over and they're losing control of it.

Max has to learn you can't always win. He can't keep rolling off the brakes and forcing himself and others off the road like that. Sooner or later someone isn't going to try and avoid him and he's going to cause an almighty smash.

Users who are viewing this thread