F1 2021 (5 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Max is amazing to watch. Hopefully he gets over the line....first lol.

5 sec penalty cos lewis doesn't know how to overtake lol. Extreme Bias from the British patriots backing lewis but hopefully max can overcome the odds
I’m a Max fan, and it’s his aggressiveness that is fun to watch. You must be trolling, in recent weeks Max has been nothing less than erratic.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't actually like Hamilton. I see him as someone like that O'Sullivan twat in snooker. Big headed, smug and think they are God's gift to their sport. But having said that, I still think he will win the championship. Verstappen is too brash. He just drives for himself, not the team. Has he ever even once, mentioned Perez in any interview, talking as a team-mate? Yet Hamilton bigs up Bottas a lot. Yesterday, just as he was being inteviewed, Hamilton jumped on Bottas, gave him a hug and basically showed the world what teamwork is all about.

covcity4life

I’m a Max fan, and it’s his aggressiveness that is fun to watch. You must be trolling, in recent weeks Max has been nothing less than erratic.
No trolling. I fucking love how he risks it on corners to get or stay in front. Like a video game.

And when he yielded then took it back instantly. Fucking brill

covcity4life

I don't actually like Hamilton. I see him as someone like that O'Sullivan twat in snooker. Big headed, smug and think they are God's gift to their sport. But having said that, I still think he will win the championship. Verstappen is too brash. He just drives for himself, not the team. Has he ever even once, mentioned Perez in any interview, talking as a team-mate? Yet Hamilton bigs up Bottas a lot. Yesterday, just as he was being inteviewed, Hamilton jumped on Bottas, gave him a hug and basically showed the world what teamwork is all about.
Tbf for me Hamilton compliments about Mercedes and botta is all fake

But I have no proof of that. Just how it comes across to me personally. Lip service nothing more

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No trolling. I fucking love how he risks it on corners to get or stay in front. Like a video game.

I liked the way he gave the lead away then retook it instantly. I also like his competitiveness.

But this isn't a video game. It's real life. People don't just get to regenerate or click reset.

There is a difference between being competitive and being dangerous. He far too often crosses the line from one to the other and if his behviour isn't curbed eventually it's going to have terrible consequences. if he'd been racing in the old days someone would probably already be dead from his antics.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tbf for me Hamilton compliments about Mercedes and botta is all fake

But I have no proof of that. Just how it comes across to me personally. Lip service nothing more

Of course it is. You don't stay at the top of a sport like that without being extremely self-centred. But at least he recognises their existence and contribution. Max comes across as if he is the only thing in the world that matters. The team and his co-driver exist solely for his benefit so why should he thank them for doing what is expected of them? He's almost like a machine that doesn't understand the concept that other people have emotions.

NorthernWisdom

Of course it is. You don't stay at the top of a sport like that without being extremely self-centred. But at least he recognises their existence and contribution. Max comes across as if he is the only thing in the world that matters. The team and his co-driver exist solely for his benefit so why should he thank them for doing what is expected of them? He's almost like a machine that doesn't understand the concept that other people have emotions.
tbf he has praised Perez, but recently there hasn't been much opportunity to do so!

NorthernWisdom

Actually Perez is an interesting one - always looks good at Force India, deserved a move to a top team both times he got one. But didn't really cut it at McLaren, and has been nowhere this season. Got to think next season is make or break for him.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

See I don’t like the rules which make you leave space, but ultimately thats the rules. Max complained when Hamilton didn’t leave him space - it appears that rule only applies when it’s the other driver with Max

with regards to taking the place back, you can’t slow the driver when ceding the place then take it back. He pushes the rules to their absolute limit.

but on the flip side that’s why him and Hamilton are so far ahead of the field. Their absolute will to win is incredible

covcity4life

It’s not a video game. Lives are at risk.
Obv don't wanna see lewis in a fireball crash but be awesome if max runs him off the track and they both ok

That's entertainment! Like schumancher hill in Japan.

Don't tell me even holier than thou F1 fans don't get a lil bit more interested when the first corner sees collisions for example.

hill83

Obv don't wanna see lewis in a fireball crash but be awesome if max runs him off the track and they both ok

Don't tell me even holier than thou F1 fans don't get a lil bit more interested when the first corner sees collisions for example.

Won’t bite to the holier than thou bit.
But genuinely no. Clean racing. Nothing less. From both “sides”.

Same as the booing drivers bit I kicked off about a few months ago. This isn’t football.

xcraigx

As much as it's set up for it, I can't see Max engineering a first corner incident. This isn't 1990 and he would probably find himself booted out of the Championship. Perez on the other hand, who knows but i'm sure Mercedes would be relieved if he doesn't qualify on the first couple of rows.

covcity4life

Won’t bite to the holier than thou bit.
But genuinely no. Clean racing. Nothing less. From both “sides”.

Same as the booing drivers bit I kicked off about a few months ago. This isn’t football.
No it's F1 and u r no authority on it so deal with different opinions I guess

Saddlebrains

I'm an anyone but Lewis fan. The reason why have been covered a lot in this thread.

I have been championing Max to the hilt all season, and up until Brazil i feel hes been better than Lewis all season.

HOWEVER

And i never thought id say this 2 months ago....

Hes stuck in my throat a bit recently. His driving has been erratic at best, has come across as a petulant twat in interviews (one of my dislikes of Lewis) and i really thought he would cope a lot better with the pressure of a charged up Lewis coming back at him last 4 races but hes been weak.

On the flip side Lewis has turned into a monster, and has shown exactly why hes the second best of all time (Schumacher will never be surpassed in my eyes). His knowing when to attack, when to overtake, when to back off, what set-up to use has been fantastic since Monza tbf. His outright pace when he is on it is unreal.

Its sixes and sevens. Lewis was a massove c**t at Silverstone knowing Max was hospitalised because of him (in my opinion) yet celebrated like hell.

Max has caused Monza and Now Saudi accidents, and taken lewis off a few times now

They've both been over the line but on the balance of clean driving, and showing bollocks when ot mattered I've got to give it to Lewis.

And its Lewis who i think will emerge with number 8 on Sunday.

Heres to 2022 when i hope my team, Ferrari, with Leclerc and Sainz can finally get back to the front where they belong

hill83

No it's F1 and u r no authority on it so deal with different opinions I guess

All for differing opinions, and I’m not claiming to be an authority, but don’t come with “holier than thou” and then switch after the fact.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I feel like the actual incident was a misunderstanding. I like max , but I feel he crossed the line slightly today. Nothing major , as I believe the main incident wasn’t entirely his fault , but he certainly pushed lewis wide many times , as lewis did back to him in his defence. I like max , but feel his aggressive driving means lewis cannot race against him with his full ability meaning we are deprived of some outstanding battles. We haven’t really seen hamilton and max go wheel to wheel for an extended period of time, only exchanging overtakes. I feel like max is uncompromising like schumacher almost but if he gave the same amount of space as lewis did the racing would be even better than it already has been and he probably would’ve won the championship by now (as he would have picked up 18 pts at silverstone for example). Either way I did lose a bit of respect for max in the way he conducted himself afterwards but either way , as a (mainly) neutral I cannot wait for abu dhabi

Frostie

I feel like the actual incident was a misunderstanding.

I was with you until the FIA reported the telemetry data:

"In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration."

Frostie

I'm an anyone but Lewis fan. The reason why have been covered a lot in this thread.

I have been championing Max to the hilt all season, and up until Brazil i feel hes been better than Lewis all season.

HOWEVER

And i never thought id say this 2 months ago....

Hes stuck in my throat a bit recently. His driving has been erratic at best, has come across as a petulant twat in interviews (one of my dislikes of Lewis) and i really thought he would cope a lot better with the pressure of a charged up Lewis coming back at him last 4 races but hes been weak.

On the flip side Lewis has turned into a monster, and has shown exactly why hes the second best of all time (Schumacher will never be surpassed in my eyes). His knowing when to attack, when to overtake, when to back off, what set-up to use has been fantastic since Monza tbf. His outright pace when he is on it is unreal.

Its sixes and sevens. Lewis was a massove c**t at Silverstone knowing Max was hospitalised because of him (in my opinion) yet celebrated like hell.

Max has caused Monza and Now Saudi accidents, and taken lewis off a few times now

They've both been over the line but on the balance of clean driving, and showing bollocks when ot mattered I've got to give it to Lewis.

And its Lewis who i think will emerge with number 8 on Sunday.

Heres to 2022 when i hope my team, Ferrari, with Leclerc and Sainz can finally get back to the front where they belong

Similar to where I am at with it. I don't dislike Lewis but have found myself rooting for Max just to break the dominance & it's led to one of the most exciting seasons for ages.

Hopefully it's McLaren that are next challengers though, love both Norris & Danny Ricc.

covcity4life

By saying it’s not a computer game and lives are at risk?
Does that really need to be said? I said he's exciting to watch because of the way he drives. Wether you think he should drive like that or not doesn't change him being exciting because of it.

Corrado

So it would be awesome if max runs him off the track....instead of actually watching them race to the line? Sums up Max fans

tisza

Hopefully F1 will make some sort of statement about potential penalties if there is some skullduggery in this last race.
Not holding much hope for FIA to say anything. Jean Todt was the Ferrari boss who told Sauber if they wanted to keep Ferrari engines they had to block Villeneuve in order to let Schumacher win a title.

BodicoteSkyBlue

Hopefully F1 will make some sort of statement about potential penalties if there is some skullduggery in this last race.
Not holding much hope for FIA to say anything. Jean Todt was the Ferrari boss who told Sauber if they wanted to keep Ferrari engines they had to block Villeneuve in order to let Schumacher win a title.
Not followed F1 as much as I used to. Do Red Bull still have a satellite/feeder team? Potentially 4 cars for Hamilton to avoid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread