Exclusive - mark Robins to be named (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
As it's the Observer claiming it I'm a little more confident on it being truer than I would be had it just been the CET.

Especially given it was their exclusive that Slade was going!

Wouldn't be a bad choice but he can't really get started until the summer. As long as he gets the players playing with a bit of passion, I'd take him

Skyblueweeman

Not sure what to make of this (if true). I was sooo pissed off when he left after the whole 'Sky Blue blood' thing but he was probably the most exciting manager we've had in the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Latchford

Did Robins leave last time due to our bad owners or more money from Huddersfield ??

fernandopartridge

Both. If McGoldrick had the power to improve a team all by himself Ipswich would be doing a bit better than they are
Likewise you could say about any successful manager that they were lucky to have a goalscorer.
The fact they've managed to find one is a good thing.

clint van damme

Its not the way we usually operate, add in what he said when he left last time might there be more going on behind the scenes? Probably clutching at straws as we're so desperate for good news.

clutching at straws is all we have!
Does this mean there is still another announcement tomorrow or was this is it and it's just broken early?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It puzzles me that we are still in the death grip of SISU and yet Robins appears to be coming back under that same circumstances which made him jump ship in the first place. I'd like him to give it a second go but unless there are circumstances that we're not party to I can't see him wanting to come back.

Paul Anthony

I can honestly say I did not expect this!

Did a decent job here first time round I felt. However, it doesn't change my mind that it's far too late this season to alter the inevitable. If he's still in charge start of next season, it could be shrewd. BUT that would depend on what backing he would have.

rupert_bear

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws but can't stop thinking something else is in the air, are sisu buggering off or even Fisher in fact I would rather him go he's the driving force behind our decline.

no_loyalty

Last season Doncaster appointed Darren Ferguson when they were in the relegation zone but he couldn't save them from the drop, this season they have pretty much walked league 2, hopefully Robins can do the same for us next season

skybluetony176

Might be a minority view but I thought Waggott did a decent job amid all the chaos around him.

At the time of his departure I said good riddance but however as time has passed I have found myself reconsidering that. Certainly we have only gone backwards since he left after making progress the previous 6-12 months. He was instrumental in the Ricoh return and if anyone said he genuinely cared about the club I probably couldn't muster an argument against that statement.

D

Deleted member 4439

As it's the Observer claiming it I'm a little more confident on it being truer than I would be had it just been the CET.

Especially given it was their exclusive that Slade was going!

Wouldn't be a bad choice but he can't really get started until the summer. As long as he gets the players playing with a bit of passion, I'd take him

Also, the club statement said that the new manager would be announced "imminently". As has been posted, would seem like they've been lining this up. I'd like to this that they've discussed plans for next year, to get us out of L2.

Last edited by a moderator:

torchomatic

The farce continues.

Have to disagree, I think it would be a good appointment. Hopefully for longer than just to the end of the season. Can't see the point of that when we are all but mathematically down already.

AFCCOVENTRY

Last season Doncaster appointed Darren Ferguson when they were in the relegation zone but he couldn't save them from the drop, this season they have pretty much walked league 2, hopefully Robins can do the same for us next season

I remember when we got relegated from the premiership... we were going to walk the championship. Then we got relegated to L1 and we were going to walk that...

wingy

When did we get Clarke in as Mcgoldricks replacement?
Genuinely can't remember.
Think it was the summer.

Monkeyface

This will followed by a statement telling the fans that he will have a healthy budget next season. This is just an attempt to reduce the season ticket losses for next season. Nothing these bastards do is for the benefit of the club!

torchomatic

I remember when we got relegated from the premiership... we were going to walk the championship. Then we got relegated to L1 and we were going to walk that...

Yeah, me and my mate were talking on the way to the car after the Stockport game. "We're going to piss this league".

wingy

Not sure what to make of this (if true). I was sooo pissed off when he left after the whole 'Sky Blue blood' thing but he was probably the most exciting manager we've had in the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep exciting time, like the first four months last season.

Users who are viewing this thread