Ex Player Watch (18 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Can't compete with you in terms of comedy of course - no one can.
Comedy gold is calling for taxis for 4 years in a row........... for of course the most successful English manager over the last 4 seasons.
An absolute genius at work - kudos to you.
Good to see you and G haven't let the absence of the gallic galactico stop these debates

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Find that a bit odd. Sure I heard Man U were offering him a new contract and supposedly the only reason he left here was because he was joining the club he had supported his entire life. Seems odd to now decide to leave Man U so soon, esp if they did want to keep him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If it was done in line with EPPP the selling club don't get a say in the matter.
I can't remember the ins & outs of the McCann deal tbh.

Yeah, what I'm saying is that the clause should be automatically in that. You might get a tiny development fee that probably equates to a day's pay for one of the big club's players and that's it. There's far more potential in sell-on fees.

Frostie

Yeah, what I'm saying is that the clause should be automatically in that. You might get a tiny development fee that probably equates to a day's pay for one of the big club's players and that's it. There's far more potential in sell-on fees.

Yeah.

For some reason I believe we may have agreed a deal outside of EPPP with United but hypothetically, as an example & rough, fag packet maths...

I believe McCann was with us from age 7 & left at 15.

We would get £3k per year compensation for foundation phase (9-11) then, as a Cat 2 academy it's £25k per year for youth development phase (12-16).

So upfront fee = £84k

As he was under 16 we would then be entitled to appearance fees (he never made any) + 20% of his next transfer fee (if under 24) & then 5% of any future transfer fees but crucially only domestically.

Esoterica

Yeah.

For some reason I believe we may have agreed a deal outside of EPPP with United but hypothetically, as an example & rough, fag packet maths...

We would get £3k per year compensation for foundation phase (9-11) then, as a Cat 2 academy it's £25k per year for youth development phase (12-16).

So upfront fee = £84k

As he was under 16 we would then be entitled to appearance fees (he never made any) + 20% of his next transfer fee (if under 24) & then 5% of any future transfer fees but crucially only domestically.
It always seem pitifully low to me given the amount of money in the PL. Absolutely nothing to a club like Man United and actively encourages them to get the hoover out.

Frostie

It always seem pitifully low to me given the amount of money in the PL. Absolutely nothing to a club like Man United and actively encourages them to get the hoover out.

Couldn't agree more.

Theoretically, they could go to any ground in the country & hoover up young players at 48hrs notice. They could take the next Wayne Rooney as a 9 year old for just £3k 'compensation' for example. Yes there would then be further payments based on his success but there's no risk to the PL club. Is it any wonder Chelsea stockpile young players the way they do?

As tends to be the way when the PL want something, they bullied their way to get it, threatening to withdraw EFL funding unless it was agreed to. It's a large part of why many EFL clubs simply folded their academy instead.

shmmeee

Yeah.

So upfront fee = £84k

Has anyone tried arguing Scotland isn’t a foreign country ;)

wingy

Yeah.

So upfront fee = £84k

Yeah.

So upfront fee = £84k

So we're not likely to receive the set appearance fees should he make them, think they start at something like £10k, then increase after the first 25?
Have to be for the club he's signed for?.

Why would we cede that option?

Edit - or are chances so remote as seeing an Igloo on the equator?

Frostie

So we're not likely to receive the set appearance fees should he make them, think they start at something like £10k, then increase after the first 25?
Have to be for the club he's signed for?.

Why would we cede that option?

Edit - or are chances so remote as seeing an Igloo on the equator?

I believe the set appearance fees transfer to his new club. The problem being, he's not transferring to an English club therefore I believe it's likely null & void and we'll receive nothing further unless he returns to play in England again.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah.

So upfront fee = £84k

So out of interest, Ranger sign him - no %age to us. Man Utd put a 50% sell-on cluase in and Everton, say, sign him in two years time = still no %age to us?

Terry Gibson's perm

Just read the deal is up to 750k and he will go and play in the Rangers b team does this lad not like the idea of first team football?

wingy

I believe the set appearance fees transfer to his new club. The problem being, he's not transferring to an English club therefore I believe it's likely null & void and we'll receive nothing further unless he returns to play in England again.
Ah sorry should have read further into the thread, thought I read yesterday he was going on loan.
So this is based on a perm?
So it's likely the scheme is easily negated by the initial team plucking the talent initially.

Frostie

So out of interest, Ranger sign him - no %age to us. Man Utd put a 50% sell-on cluase in and Everton, say, sign him in two years time = still no %age to us?

Not 100% sure on that - the move out of England makes it more complicated.
I think we'd probably get 5% of future transfer fees still but not certain.

Appearance fees should apply & scale by competition i.e. every 10 appearances trigger a payment - in the PL it's £150k but substantially less in EFL (£25k, 10k, 5k)

Terry Gibson's perm

Didn't do Maddison any harm!

That was a loan he seems to be signing a permanent deal there, as he had to leave us because of his love for Man Utd they must have said you aren’t good enough to play here off you go.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just read the deal is up to 750k and he will go and play in the Rangers b team does this lad not like the idea of first team football?

If that's true it seems an even odder choice. Reserves for Man U or playing reserves in Scotland? Also if that were the case I can't imagine Rangers would be willing to pay him that much.

Surely he's got to be going there with the desire for first team football at the age of 19?

wingy

If that's true it seems an even odder choice. Reserves for Man U or playing reserves in Scotland? Also if that were the case I can't imagine Rangers would be willing to pay him that much.

Surely he's got to be going there with the desire for first team football at the age of 19?
One year left on his deal

Likely aware from the hierarchy nothing fresh coming, possibly sees what's behind him coming through etc.

But yeah league 1 maybe to get started.

SeaSeeEffCee

Yep and being up to their news in blood - even weirder is those who have zero affiliation to Scotland yet still support them as a ‘second team’.
You get that on both sides, everyone seems to have 'Scottish team' (aka Rangers or Celtic), it's bizarre. See plenty of shirts out and about in Cov. I don't like either of them.

Ccfcisparks

You get that on both sides, everyone seems to have 'Scottish team' (aka Rangers or Celtic), it's bizarre. See plenty of shirts out and about in Cov. I don't like either of them.
Yep I find it really odd too. Next people will be having an Andorran team or a Maltese team.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I, for no rational explanation whatsoever, follow Hibernian's results. Don't know if it was the name or what but as a youngster I was drawn to them.

At that time you used to get Scottish top level teams in the sticker albums so I think that might be the reason I chose one at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread