Ex Player Watch (8 Viewers)

ceetee

Danny Philliskirk scored Fylde's winner yesterday.
He was, I think, signed as a young prospect but never made it with us

no_loyalty

Danny Philliskirk scored Fylde's winner yesterday.
He was, I think, signed as a young prospect but never made it with us

Played one game for us, think Pressley signed him?

SkyBlueSoul

Reda Johnson’s Eastleigh just beaten by Salford in the National League play-off semi, went to pens

Mcbean

Caught the end of that game and the penalties - both Neville’s were there -Salford missed the first pen but recovered when an Eastleighone was saved - Reda still Massive !

no_loyalty

Duckens Nazon straight red card today, playing for St Mirren in the playoff final, luckily it didn't cost them as they won on pens.

better days

I liked Lamieras, but he seemed a bit lightweight. Has he put a bit of muscle on at Plymouth?
Unfortunately not
He's one of those lads who was outstanding as a youth player but doesn't want to put the extra work in needed to be outstanding in men's football
Natural ability only gets you so far

Pete in Portugal

Unfortunately not
He's one of those lads who was outstanding as a youth player but doesn't want to put the extra work in needed to be outstanding in men's football

I agree - he always looked lightweight and was often too easily out-muscled off the ball. Shame because he had great feet.

SkyBlueCRJ

What a weird career Ruben has. Gets relegated but still gets picked up by teams in a higher division

It's not that surprising. He's a good player who's already established himself in League One. If anything he could actually be better suited to Championship football and thrive even more. Similarly, Swansea are in pretty deep water with regards to their financial security - a matter that hasn't been that publicised in the press - which again points to why they're looking to sign him as he'll obviously be cheap.

oucho

Unfortunately not

Spot on. When it came to physical combat he was too often absent. Remember the hiding we took at Cambridge away in the cup and he was total turkey that day, as he was for much of that relegation season. A player who looked good when things were going well but when hard graft was needed he was invisible.

Mr Panda

It's not that surprising. He's a good player who's already established himself in League One. If anything he could actually be better suited to Championship football and thrive even more. Similarly, Swansea are in pretty deep water with regards to their financial security - a matter that hasn't been that publicised in the press - which again points to why they're looking to sign him as he'll obviously be cheap.

Yeah I don't think he's a bad player, I enjoyed him whilst he was here. It's just funny that his career seems to follow an upward trajectory following a relegation.

superskyblue

A player who looked good when things were going well but when hard graft was needed he was invisible.

I agree with you on his time here. But then he's been at Plymouth in a year they got relegated and had an excellent season by all accounts. So maybe he's changed.

Users who are viewing this thread