Ex Player Watch

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
Gary Madine ? Wasn’t he one of ours once - ones a sub for BPool yesterday

Skybluedownunder

Jul 13, 2020
Bassala Sambou was always believed to go on to score lots of goals but since leaving Everton he’s scored a whopping total of two goals at both Fortuna Sittard in the Dutch League and Randers FC in the Danish League

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sw88

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Bassala Sambou was always believed to go on to score lots of goals but since leaving Everton he’s scored a whopping total of two goals at both Fortuna Sittard in the Dutch League and Randers FC in the Danish League

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasted his career for a short term earnings. Was never ever going to make the grade at Everton.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Everton offered him a renewal, he turned it down to play first team games.
Fair play to him, but still wasted those 4 years of his original contract playing U23s. The most important developmental years were wasted.

pipkin73

Mar 20, 2011
Gran Canaria
Fair play to him, but still wasted those 4 years of his original contract playing U23s. The most important developmental years were wasted.
100% but if he ends up not being good enough he made more from Everton than he ever would have here. If he could have been good enough then he has waisted his early career and may never get it back. It's the gamble you take.

larry_david

May 7, 2011
If they're good enough, they'll find their way. Newcastle pinched Ivan toney at 17 from Northampton. 4 years of no appearances for them he was moved on and doing okay now.

SBAndy

Mar 20, 2011
Saw Baka in Zara on Oxford Street tonight after work, wearing sky blue Nike trainers and buying a sky blue hoody, must have rubbed off on him whilst here!

my Mrs said I should have started singing 20 goals in the fitting room 😂
If you’d have done that whilst rubbing off on him you’d have been thrown out.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
John Fleck has tested positive for COVID

Irish Sky Blue

Jan 25, 2014
North Warwickshire
Lee Carsley to be new England U21 manager
During the first lock down SBitC put on a weekly zoom session for walking footballers and for SBitC age group coaches.These were Q and A sessions with former City players. Carsley and Paul Williams were two of the former players who came on, these two chosen in particular because of their coaching background. Both of them were very impressive in their knowledge, the things that they had to say and in their very humble demeanour. I'm not surprised he got a job like this. I think Paul Williams was part of the England set up previously.

Reactions: sw88 and Frostie

Frostie

Jan 31, 2011
During the first lock down SBitC put on a weekly zoom session for walking footballers and for SBitC age group coaches.These were Q and A sessions with former City players. Carsley and Paul Williams were two of the former players who came on, these two chosen in particular because of their coaching background. Both of them were very impressive in their knowledge, the things that they had to say and in their very humble demeanour. I'm not surprised he got a job like this. I think Paul Williams was part of the England set up previously.
Yeah agree. Nice to see someone with the right pedigree in the role.

Alkhen

Jul 23, 2012
Not technically an ex-player but came on a long trial with quite a bit of buzz:

Sunil Chhetri has overtaken Messi in the international goal charts... must be a slow news day

SlowerThanPlatt

Dec 16, 2011
Herefordshire/Coventry

Alex1987

Jan 14, 2014