Even I must admit.... (1 Viewer)

valiant15

Of course they've got some excellent players,form is temporary etc.

kg82

Kg,if those players cant perform once they cross the white line,its hardly the owners fault is it? They've some excellent players there.

Players need management, that's why there's a manager. The owners chopping and changing the manager this season (I've lost count) are culpable. Can't really blame the manager (of which there have been many)! I agree though, the players need to hang their heads in shame, but your original point was on management, so I was just talking about that :D

stupot07

Of course they've got some excellent players,form is temporary etc.

Form isn't always temporary. Players develop and peak at different rates and ages, and then there's the external factors like injuries, etc which impact on this.

Paxman II

When you think about Blackburn you remember the Alan Shearer days and premier league title. They were a small club fed money to buy themselves into the top in the same way Man City are doing now only the difference is Man City are a big club. Due to the past success of Blackburn when they had all that cash thrown at them the fans believe that's who they are still? I'm afraid to say they are back where they belong.

At least Coventry is a bigger club and had 34 years in the top flight sustained by itself and not falsely bank rolled.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

When you think about Blackburn you remember the Alan Shearer days and premier league title. They were a small club fed money to buy themselves into the top in the same way Man City are doing now only the difference is Man City are a big club. Due to the past success of Blackburn when they had all that cash thrown at them the fans believe that's who they are still? I'm afraid to say they are back where they belong.

At least Coventry is a bigger club and had 34 years in the top flight sustained by itself and not falsely bank rolled.

I think of Blackburn and remember the thrashing we have them at a snowy Highfield Road; and the 1-4 cup win up there in 2008 when Ray Ranson (plus minders) came into the pub opposite ahead of the game!

Last game I met 'skybluesundae' at before she fell ill (ex-GMKer)....

RoboCCFC90

Didn't we relegate them at hr around 98/99? I think we won 2-0 and they were wearing an Orange kit??

Nope Manchester United did this, ironic that when Brian Kidd replaced Roy Hodgson he would get relegated by his former club!!!

torchomatic

But what was our team when we got relegated to the Championship? It wasn't bad.

More down to management than the owners imo. How can a squad like that be bottom 3. We can only dream of a team like that.

Mucca Mad Boys

Goes to show that if you pump money in, you can still be unsuccessful, 8m on 1 player in the Championship! The Venky's don't have a clue and it shows when you look at their position in the league by the managers they appointed.

They should stick to chickens.

RoboCCFC90

But what was our team when we got relegated to the Championship? It wasn't bad.

At that time Torchy it was Hedman, Hall, Breen, Shaw, Thompson, Hughes, Chippo, Hadji, Konjic, Bothroyd, Nilsson, Davenport, McSheffery, Eustace..

Mucca Mad Boys

More down to management than the owners imo. How can a squad like that be bottom 3. We can only dream of a team like that.

The hypocrisy, if the Venky's were in charge of CCFC, you'd have the same attitudes towards them as you do toward SISU. The Venky's appointed them poor managers, Berg and Appleton were shocking appointments and Kean should've been given a bit more time (I personally don't rate him as a manager). If the club under performs, the only people truly accountable are the owners, yes there are other factors. Yes the same applies to SISU, but there are other powerful factors holding us back.

stupot07

Selling keane&releasing macca sealed our fate. Stupid pathetic decisions.

We were £60m in debt, we doubled our money on Keane we couldn't afford to turn it down. And who's to say that macca wouldn't have rejected a contract renewal?

The wrong decision was not replacing Keane appropriately, and not bringing in Hartson sooner.

RoboCCFC90

I dont think Hadji ever played in the championship

You are right that man Dan he joined the scum before we kicked off that season...

J

Jack Griffin

Jack Walker was the benfactor, his estate continued to pump cash into the club via a trust after his death, using profits from other his other business interests as a source of funds.

But eventually the losses proved to much & the trustees sold the club to Venkeys.

It is well explained in this article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/25/premierleague.blackburn1

RoboCCFC90

I think safri was here.

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:I had completely forgot Safri I just named the one's that came to me brain..

valiant15

We've never had a team like that under sisu taylor,maybe if they would of invested more instead of selling everything they wouldn't kop so much shit. Venky's are shit owners just like sisu.

stupot07

We've never had a team like that under sisu taylor,maybe if they would of invested more instead of selling everything they wouldn't kop so much shit. Venky's are shit owners just like sisu.

Loaned the club more money to buy players? Increased the already unaffordable wage budget? Increase losses and debt?

valiant15

I'm not getting into some boring war of words but i think its funny how the sisu lovers manage to slag off venky's quick enough but then stick up for the crooks in charge of us.

valiant15

Didnt richardson and a consortium of people put money in to buy keane,hence why we sold him asap for a massive profit?

RoboCCFC90

Told you they were bastards..

It's funny when I had my operation on exactly the same injury and I woke up from all the drugs they had placed me on and the doctor said "I have tried to fix the ACL" I genuinely thought he was talking about CCFC..

lordsummerisle

It's funny when I had my operation on exactly the same injury and I woke up from all the drugs they had placed me on and the doctor said "I have tried to fix the ACL" I genuinely thought he was talking about CCFC..

Shows just how much tunnel vision football fans can have.

Whenever I used to see a newspaper sign outside a newsagent with a big headline saying "DUBLIN TALKS", used to get worried he was being transferred, never realising it would be referrring to the Northern Ireland peace process.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread