Even I must admit.... (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

.... SISU don't apear to be the worst owners in English football. Blackburn MUST be a warning to all that whoever our new owners are, due diligence has to be a two-way and vigorous street this time.

They're in the drop zone from the Championship, so could well be playing us next season; and it's frankly incredible given their playing squad includes:

Paul Robinson, Bradley Orr, Martin Olsson, Gael Givet, Fabio Nunes, David Dunn, Leon Best, DJ Campbell, Jordan Rhodes, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Danny Murphy, Scott Dann, Dickson Etuhu, Nuno Gomes, David Bentley and Colin Kazim-Richards

Goes to show what poor management off and on the field can do for what appears a decent squad. I don't know how many times I shook my head reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078180

:eek:

hill83

I'm surprised they didn't go on a 30 game winning streak when Eric Black was in charge.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm surprised they didn't go on a 30 game winning streak when Eric Black was in charge.

Wasn't he only caretaker? There are some on here who refute we've had five managers this season who claim that caretakers don't count. Sorry.

Now, if he'd been permanent......

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Tha stated, it's hard to feel a great level of sympathy for the Blackburn fans who hounded Kean out his job, when it now appears he had the best stats of any of their managers this season. 50% win ratio and left them in 3rd position in the table.... :facepalm:

kg82

I think they actually did quite well when Black was in charge didn't they? And weren't they something like 5th when they sacked Kean?! Idiots!

dongonzalos

They are unbelievable owners by far the worst I have ever seen.

It is crazy for Blackburn

Club up north bobbing along then the jack walker experience now this crazy

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm sure I've read once that the Venky's weren't aware that clubs could get relegated; they thought the Premiership was one of these franchise-based leagues like some in The States.

With some players earning in excess of £30K, they must be aghast at the idea of playing at this level, and the notion of a home game aghast Crawley Town on a wet Tuesday winter's evening :p

dongonzalos

I'm sure I've read once that the Venky's weren't aware that clubs could get relegated; they thought the Premiership was one of these franchise-based leagues like some in The States.

With some players earning in excess of £30K, they must be aghast at the idea of playing at this level, and the notion of a home game aghast Crawley Town on a wet Tuesday winter's evening :p

Yes that is true

Then to sack Sam, crazy

_brian_

I think they actually did quite well when Black was in charge didn't they? And weren't they something like 5th when they sacked Kean?! Idiots!

Kean quit, mate!!! LOL! Now who's the idiot?!?! Only joking, mate! You're not an idiot, just misinformed!!!

valiant15

More down to management than the owners imo. How can a squad like that be bottom 3. We can only dream of a team like that.

Spencer

More down to management than the owners imo. How can a squad like that be bottom 3. We can only dream of a team like that.

You've got to think, with a squad like that, the players hold some culpability.

Surely, without any instruction, they should be capable of producing?

dongonzalos

Without the venky's there would be no one else they would be doomed forever.

Not matter what crazy decision they make back them there is no one else!

dongonzalos

At least not to be in the bottom three.

However sometimes when your owners are numpties it filters down to every level

kg82

Kean quit, mate!!! LOL! Now who's the idiot?!?! Only joking, mate! You're not an idiot, just misinformed!!!

Forced to resign! So not that wrong! They were 3rd though... I stand by my idiot owners stance!!

kg82

How can it be down to management, they haven't had a manager long enough to be culpable of anything this season.

@richh87

"Venkys are the only game in town. Nobody else would ever possibly buy them".

I doubt any of their fans are saying the above - but then they aren't morons.

Grendel

"Venkys are the only game in town. Nobody else would ever possibly buy them".

I doubt any of their fans are saying the above - but then they aren't morons.

And they don't have a landlord that is purely motivated by self interest.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I can't argue with that. I was amazed by the quality in that squad. It's even stronger than the Notts Forest squad that got into trouble last year; and I thought that was incredible.

The only thing I would say - for those who berate Pressley at the moment - is that when times are hard, despite all that's said, the performance of the players much be affected

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And they don't have a landlord that is purely motivated by self interest.

Do you mean a Limited Company, and that 'self interest' being profitability? I think you'll find it's the director's responsibility.

Strange you don't have the same level of moral castigation for Directors of any business that might have been trading insolvently, eh?

rupert_bear

Paul Robinson, Bradley Orr, Martin Olsson, Gael Givet, Fabio Nunes, David Dunn, Leon Best, DJ Campbell, Jordan Rhodes, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Danny Murphy, Scott Dann, Dickson Etuhu, Nuno Gomes, David Bentley and Colin Kazim-Richards

Many of those names are seasoned Premiership players possibly on atleast £20k a week. Does it show miss management or that there a lot of overrated and over paid players earning nice wedge in the Premiership. If any of that lot were that good they would have been snapped up by Prem. clubs months ago.

RoboCCFC90

.... SISU don't apear to be the worst owners in English football. Blackburn MUST be a warning to all that whoever our new owners are, due diligence has to be a two-way and vigorous street this time.

They're in the drop zone from the Championship, so could well be playing us next season; and it's frankly incredible given their playing squad includes:

Goes to show what poor management off and on the field can do for what appears a decent squad. I don't know how many times I shook my head reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078180

I must admit with that squad you must be thinking that Blackburn would probably achieve top ten easily if not play-off's, but a few exceptions MMM just to be pedantic..

Martin Olsson (A lot of rumours about his future in the January window, linked with West Ham and former Rovers Boss Sam Allardyce, Unsettled perhaps?)
Gael Givet (Has made 14 apps this season, was talk of Givet not playing due to his contract clauses)
Fabio Nunes (7 Apps all season, no consistency)
David Dunn (8 Apps this season, for a player of his quality you think he would start almost every game)
Leon Best (Has just returned from an ACL injury sustained in Pre-Season)
DJ Campbell (Played just seven games on loan, not really had a full run this season, had a more productive spell at Ipswich earlier in the season)
Jordan Rhodes (Highest scorer this season, Good buy IMO)
Morten Gamst Pedersen (Isn't the same player consistenty as he used to be)
Danny Murphy (Like Gomes, DM is surely getting on a bit now)
Scott Dann (The only player in Blackburn's squad to reach 40+ app for the season)
Dickson Etuhu (Not a bad player, but will never set the world alight)
Nuno Gomes (Getting on a bit nowadays, if they had signed him 3 - 5 years ago they would have benefited more)
David Bentley (Has played 5 games since his return)
Colin Kazim-Richards (Talk of him moving to another Turkish club in January, Distracted?)

What Blackburn lack is consistency and with changing manager every five minutes it can only be more confusing for the players when a new manager comes in with his own ideas and methods..

Last edited:

valiant15

Kg,if those players cant perform once they cross the white line,its hardly the owners fault is it? They've some excellent players there.

stupot07

Kg,if those players cant perform once they cross the white line,its hardly the owners fault is it? They've some excellent players there.

They aren't currently excellent players though on current form. And clubs haven't exactly swooped in to take them off their hands.

Nonleagueherewecome

And yet there was a fan of theirs on 606 at the weekend moaning about Rhodes because "his all-round game is terrible, all he does is score goals" :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread