EVans resigns (1 Viewer)

Otis

Way I see it is 2 teams around us in Mansfield and Swindon in random managerial changes at the wrong time in the season. Hopefully it means the players find it hard to adjust...
Hope so.

If they had any sense they wouldn't tinker too much, because whatevere has gone on before has clearly been working. Whether a new manager's ego will allow that though we'll just have to see.

I am very interested to see who Swindon bring in.

Otis

Just checked and the bookies have suspended betting on Phil Brown.

That's very encouraging ........ for us!!

covcity4life

Sly? Really. Your the man who has to harper on saying how right you always think you are. No one else does. How vain or looking for reassurance are you?

Apologise, what for? I wasn't in charge of the recruitment in the summer of 2016. If I was I'd of assembled a side fit to last a season of registered players to the club.
I'd of gone into the summer with a strategy to match what was tasked of me the season ahead.

I certainly wouldn't of been texting Kelvin Wilson begging him to join...

Ps.... You left your caps lock on...
no you would be bringing in nathan clarke and saying oooh dont judge me its cold outside and snowing in winter window! oh and then you would be sacked hahaha

look inr eality i tagged you in jest but if you really cant admit you got it wrong about mowbray then god help you

it also means no point debating with you as when someone shows they are better than you said you wont acknowledge it

SlowerThanPlatt

Mowbray has done a good job this season IMO at Blackburn. Taking over a recently relegated club with many players on big wages playing in a league they’re not familiar with is a difficult job and can often go wrong as we’ve found out.

He did fail here though last season with his recruitment, no debate.

Otis

Mowbray has done a good job this season IMO at Blackburn. Taking over a recently relegated club with many players on big wages playing in a league they’re not familiar with is a difficult job and can often go wrong as we’ve found out.

Yep.

I would say close thread, but the thread is actually about Steve Evans. ;)

steve82

no you would be bringing in nathan clarke and saying oooh dont judge me its cold outside and snowing in winter window! oh and then you would be sacked hahaha

look inr eality i tagged you in jest but if you really cant admit you got it wrong about mowbray then god help you

it also means no point debating with you as when someone shows they are better than you said you wont acknowledge it

Look you made a error and went straight into crying mode because I pointed out just one of your many errors.

If I was to highlight all your mistakes then you'd be a bruised man, luckily for you I'm a better man and believe no one is better or worse than me.

Moral is don't poke someone if your gonna leave yourself open.

It's clear to many recruitment was equally wrong in that summer as was the appointment of Slade with no target man signed in January.

Just you who keep banging the same broken drum!!

No debate to have or apologise to make so let's move on.

JimmyHillsbeard

Blackburn weren’t relegated until after he went there

covcity4life

Look you made a error and went straight into crying mode because I pointed out just one of your many errors.

If I was to highlight all your mistakes then you'd be a bruised man, luckily for you I'm a better man and believe no one is better or worse than me.

Moral is don't poke someone if your gonna leave yourself open.

It's clear to many recruitment was equally wrong in that summer as was the appointment of Slade with no target man signed in January.

Just you who keep banging the same broken drum!!

No debate to have or apologise to make so let's move on.
what did you pick out? he was unemployed when i posted yes or no?

its clear mowbray is a quality manager. 8th with us. currently 1st with blackburn. you think hes bad cos of 2 bad months LOL

the 2 managers you said are good 1 is sacked and the other is known as a piece of scum and cant beat a low morale cov with man advantage LOL

you should apologise to be fair, but i wont hold my breath.

LOL

ovduk78

Reading the interview with the Peterborough chairman Evans had already applied for the job and had been offered it before he resigned from Mansfield so it could be argued that he was not unemployed at all.
I liked Mowbray and he was very honourable when he resigned but he didn't just get it wrong for 2 months. His transfer dealings in the january window 2016 were shocking and he then messed up at the beginning of last season. It could be argued that he just got lucky with Armstrong & Murphy

covcity4life

Reading the interview with the Peterborough chairman Evans had already applied for the job and had been offered it before he resigned from Mansfield so it could be argued that he was not unemployed at all.
I liked Mowbray and he was very honourable when he resigned but he didn't just get it wrong for 2 months. His transfer dealings in the january window 2016 were shocking and he then messed up at the beginning of last season. It could be argued that he just got lucky with Armstrong & Murphy
so lucky hes now again top

LOL

covcity4life

He's been top before and not finished there at least twice.
Agree, hes also been up there and got promoted

A manager who is always up there in mix is hard to find.

so called cov fans that hate on mowbray do it out of bitterness we lost a top manager and what could have been. thats why its easy to give slade a pass etc for some as he never got them believing in first place

that 3 way title is close so i am not saying he will get them promoted but come on hes always playing good football and getting results majority of time,if it goes wrong it goes wrong but hes a much better manager than those that dont even do well full stop

ovduk78

Agree, hes also been up there and got promoted

A manager who is always up there in mix is hard to find.

so called cov fans that hate on mowbray do it out of bitterness we lost a top manager and what could have been. thats why its easy to give slade a pass etc for some as he never got them believing in first place

that 3 way title is close so i am not saying he will get them promoted but come on hes always playing good football and getting results majority of time,if it goes wrong it goes wrong but hes a much better manager than those that dont even do well full stop
I don't know any of our fans who hate Mowbray, not even on here. I don't think he was that good here but maybe he was a victim of circumstances in that he had to assemble almost a complete new squad for 2015/16 and I am not sure he understood L1/L2 players that he should have been targetting. I reckon we would have seen a totally different Mowbray if he had been here instead of Coleman who massively underachieved with the squad that he had. If you want fans that hate Mowbray then you should ask Celtic fans

steve82

its clear mowbray is a quality manager. 8th with us. currently 1st with blackburn. you think hes bad cos of 2 bad months LOL

the 2 managers you said are good 1 is sacked and the other is known as a piece of scum and cant beat a low morale cov with man advantage LOL

you should apologise to be fair, but i wont hold my breath.

LOL

Just admit it you shot your bolt too soon on Steve Evans comment. You jumped on the everyone hates Steve Evens and tried to put one over me, unfortunately for you you've plenty of egg on your face now.

Your love for TM is really gonna damage your reputation on here, 40% of your posts are in reference to TM, another 40% consist of I'm always right or need decoding to understand them to the average human and the remaining 20% range between posts of positive input and conversations.

Not many have questioned TM for his match day management but his ability to build a long term structure here failed miserably.
He's a manager equipped for higher things that what he was tasked to do here like the few million he's spent at Blackburn to get them where they are now.

Let's have it right I think many of us could of done what he's done tho in terms of building the Blackburn side, it's a bit like building a side at Celtic in the SPL.

Last edited:

Grendel

Mowbrays wage bill before relegation with Blackburn was £25 million - being just ahead of Shrewsbury in the promotion race is a truly amazing achievement

Grendel

I thought budget was irrelevant?

;)

To be fair I said wages not budget and those wages will be well ahead of the budget which is my point on that.

It won’t be £25 million now as some were released but then and Wigan combined will probably have awahe bill bigger than most of the league put together.

Sunderland will be the same next season but it doesn’t mean Coleman is a good manager if they win the league. £170 million in debt losing £2 million a month and a wage bill that will be eye watering at that level.

covcity4life

Just admit it you shot your bolt too soon on Steve Evans comment. You jumped on the everyone hates Steve Evens and tried to put one over me, unfortunately for you you've plenty of egg on your face now.

Your love for TM is really gonna damage your reputation on here, 40% of your posts are in reference to TM, another 40% consist of I'm always right or need decoding to understand them to the average human and the remaining 20% range between posts of positive input and conversations.

Not many have questioned TM for his match day management but his ability to build a long term structure here failed miserably.
He's a manager equipped for higher things that what he was tasked to do here like the few million he's spent at Blackburn to get them where they are now.

Let's have it right I think many of us could of done what he's done tho in terms of building the Blackburn side, it's a bit like building a side at Celtic in the SPL.
Ahhaha yeh big teama always bounce back right away

Leeds

Sheff utd

Cov....

Shows how u have lost argument tho when ur onky retort is to make caveats for being top whilst ignoring ur bald messiah been relegated twice in a year now

And p.s i put has evans to pboro been made official in my origonal post so clingong to that....wow

Thought better od you but ir obsession with mowbray is killing your rep steve.

covcity4life

And p.s i did tag you originally in jest thank you very much so none of this u shot ya load early bs. Had i known u wid react like thos i wudnt have botherer cos now i am annoyed u wont give mowbray credit where its due at least

steve82

And p.s i did tag you originally in jest thank you very much so none of this u shot ya load early bs. Had i known u wid react like thos i wudnt have botherer cos now i am annoyed u wont give mowbray credit where its due at least

....anyone else wanna give TM some credit?

I'll start it off, the football was nice to watch while it yielded points. It was positive

Honesty you need to stop now or wont be cope with the amount of messages in my in box of people laughing at you.

Londonccfcfan

Hope so.

If they had any sense they wouldn't tinker too much, because whatevere has gone on before has clearly been working. Whether a new manager's ego will allow that though we'll just have to see.

I am very interested to see who Swindon bring in.

The persons let down in this merry go round are the players signed by these mercenaries. Signed during the January transfer window. They were probably made certain promises.

covcity4life

I'll start it off, the football was nice to watch while it yielded points. It was positive

Honesty you need to stop now or wont be cope with the amount of messages in my in box of people laughing at you.
Hahah u think i give a fuck about chavs with zero football.knowledge laughing like pussies?

Hill has told me usernames of those that msg him about me. Its laughable they think i dont know who they are.

Hes top of league. U were wrong

THE END

PM IF U HAVE AN ISSUE LADS LMAO

Londonccfcfan

Steve, tbh I have huge soft spot for Mowbray. He’s a real gentleman in my book and the fact that he left without any severance spoke volumes for the man.

It was amazing football for 5 months.

Yes he did cock it up big time the January recruitment. But again imo that was down to partly pure bad luck on the injury front particularly in defence.

Nick

Administrator
Steve, tbh I have huge soft spot for Mowbray. He’s a real gentleman in my book and the fact that he left without any severance spoke volumes for the man.

Yes he did cock it up big time the January recruitment. But again imo that was down to partly pure bad luck on the injury front particularly in defence.
He quit, why was he entitled to anything?

steve82

Hahah u think i give a fuck about chavs with zero football.knowledge laughing like pussies?

Hill has told me usernames of those that msg him about me. Its laughable they think i dont know who they are.

Hes top of league. U were wrong

THE END

PM IF U HAVE AN ISSUE LADS LMAO

Credibility is dropping rapidly quicker than the temperature in the last week!

Need to calm down mate. Deep breaths. Your going all Steve Evans on us.

steve82

I agree, a good man manager and talked sense.

I can forgive the 2nd half of season slump as the kids ran out of steam and he needed backing in January. However summer 2016 is what he will be remembered for tho in the end, that's the point he failed as a manager here

covcity4life

Did slade fail? Oh no i forgot he only had winter window to work with

Love these caveats!!!!

Get back to the pm inbox bro

Londonccfcfan

I agree, a good man manager and talked sense.

I can forgive the 2nd half of season slump as the kids ran out of steam and he needed backing in January. However summer 2016 is what he will be remembered for tho in the end, that's the point he failed as a manager here

Don’t forget he kept us up season before too last day of the season.

Yes without going over old ground again, yes your correct it was indeed, very disappointing.

steve82

Did slade fail? Oh no i forgot he only had winter window to work with

Love these caveats!!!!

Get back to the pm inbox bro

I've told you this before because unlike you I'm big enough to say... well that didn't work but as you said he didn't get right in 31 days in a tough difficult transfer window as MR recently said, but 31 days is nothing compared to the 90 odd days TM failed in.

chin up.

covcity4life

I've told you this before because unlike you I'm big enough to say... well that didn't work but as you said he didn't get right in 31 days in a tough difficult transfer window as MR recently said, but 31 days is nothing compared to the 90 odd days TM failed in.

chin up.

How many days did it take slade to keep us up?

Or finish 8th?

Ill wait

Users who are viewing this thread