Eurovision 2021 (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can we next have referendum on leaving the Eurovision Song Contest.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

One of the few reasons I'd have voted for Brexit and it wasn't part of it! We pay loads towards it and Europe gives us nothing in return.

D

Deleted member 4439

I think that's a bit too navel gazing. The majority factor will be because our songs and singers have been dreadful.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4439

This has always been my favourite representation. Probably the only time in my life, start of the Blair government, when I thought we'd begun to sort our shit out (and not just in eurovison).

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think that's a bit too navel gazing. The majority factor will be because our songs and singers have been dreadful.

Even if we sent a really strong entry, we would always finish in the bottom half. Of course, I am not saying the actual song and artist is irrelevant, but it generally is second string to other factors. A basic comprehension of who votes for who when you look into it makes a mockery of the event.

clint van damme

Even if we sent a really strong entry, we would always finish in the bottom half. Of course, I am not saying the actual song and artist is irrelevant, but it generally is second string to other factors. A basic comprehension of who votes for who when you look into it makes a mockery of the event.

the amount of people on social media, from all ends of the political spectrum, who I've seen trying to use Eurovision to make points about everything from Brexit to events in Gaza is madness!

Still, without Eurovision we'd never have had the Father Ted, my lovely horse episode. An absolute classic.

wingy

This has always been my favourite representation. Probably the only time in my life, start of the Blair government, when I thought we'd begun to sort our shit out (and not just in eurovison).

Cool Britannia rules.

Evo1883

the amount of people on social media, from all ends of the political spectrum, who I've seen trying to use Eurovision to make points about everything from Brexit to events in Gaza is madness!

Still, without Eurovision we'd never have had the Father Ted, my lovely horse episode. An absolute classic.

The comments on this 🤣

Evo1883

The comments on this 🤣

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

We are far better off not winning as it would cost a fortune to put this charade on.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We could convince Beyonce and Jay-Z to represent us and we wouldn't make top half.

Mcbean

I enjoyed the whole thing - the boys vote on the best looking women - I said to the wife we would score nothing - should have put a bet on . Our song wasn’t the worse Europe just hate us in general - the staging was pretty poor though for our song - looks like they spent all the budget getting there - so the Italians are now being accused of snorting coke - pretty well needed to as their song was pretty average !

Users who are viewing this thread