European championships 2020 thread (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

giphy.gif

Worked with quite a few Dutch in my time who agree!

stay_up_skyblues

If Gerrard wins another few titles and takes Rangers further in Europe he fits the bill for me. He’s really had to build something there

If he carries on with club success I’m not sure he’d take the England job until he’s in his 60s/70s. Jose still preferring club jobs before he inevitably manages Portugal.

It’s usually a semi-retirement for the very best coaches isn’t it. Unless it goes tits up at Liverpool of course….if he is then faced with a choice of a relegation candidate in prem/champ team then yeah, he may take it then. Personally think Lampard is more likely to manage England in the near term.

COV

We would concede more I think, if a side goes for it against us there’s always goals to be had

I dunno. Looking back at things, I'm massively (but sensibly) optimistic. Mings was immense, Phillips looked like he's been an international for years, it was a great start against a very good side.

Would love to see Grealish against Scotland (but who do you drop?), and I don't trust Kyle Walker, but the big decision is how long do we let Kane carry on flattering to deceive? He was not right today, totally off form, and we can't afford to be carrying people who are off form like that- in a knockout game we need someone to convert the types of chance he wasted today.

COV

I want an England 1982 reimagined kit for the next world cup

I don't get this stuff about the 1982 England kit- we failed wearing that kit. Its like I can't even look at CCFC 11/12 kit, even though I really like it we got relegated wearing it.

Evo1883

I don't get this stuff about the 1982 England kit- we failed wearing that kit. Its like I can't even look at CCFC 11/12 kit, even though I really like it we got relegated wearing it.
I just love the look

Brighton Sky Blue

If he carries on with club success I’m not sure he’d take the England job until he’s in his 60s/70s. Jose still preferring club jobs before he inevitably manages Portugal.

It’s usually a semi-retirement for the very best coaches isn’t it. Unless it goes tits up at Liverpool of course….if he is then faced with a choice of a relegation candidate in prem/champ team then yeah, he may take it then. Personally think Lampard is more likely to manage England in the near term.

Doesn’t hurt to put feelers out. Winning a major tournament with England is probably harder than winning a title with Liverpool

COV

Doesn’t hurt to put feelers out. Winning a major tournament with England is probably harder than winning a title with Liverpool

I would think that Gerrard already knows what he wants to achieve, no need for feelers. Lets face it, keep going like he's going and he is pretty much the only choice when Southgate departs.

Paul Anthony

So having seen our first game earlier, how do we match up against these two?

I think either of these two teams would suit us, it would be frenetic and fast and that would suit us I reckon. If we tried to be cautious we'd get beaten but if we cut loose I think we'd beat both of these, and it would be brilliant to watch.

This is game of the tournament so far for me

I'd be nervous any time they run at our defence. But, it would probably be more open than we saw today.

CCFCSteve

Honestly this isn't a reason to keep him if for example we get knocked out in the round of 16 , it's the FA's job to sift through and contact clubs / managers to try and hire the correct man .

For me Southgate isn't the correct man to get the best from these players

Now watch us win it and me look like a right c**t ...which I would love to happen

Not read any responses but after sven and capello, at least we have a manager who gives a shit ! He’s got players enjoying and taking pride in playing for England again. I might not agree with his team selections but I’ll take that any day of the week

Ps it’s coming home 😉

David O'Day

An England manager should be English. Wasn't happy when the FA appointed Wiegman and would be equally disappointed if they went down that route again. The FA have gone on and on about English clubs not giving English coaches a chance and they go and appoint someone from Holland themselves. Personally I think it should be in the rules like it is for players. Why should it be any different?

So the best person for the job shouldn't get the job because of nationality?

Good job you ain't cov fan

COV

Not read any responses but after sven and capello, at least we have a manager who gives a shit ! He’s got players enjoying and taking pride in playing for England again. I might not agree with his team selections but I’ll take that any day of the week

Ps it’s coming home 😉

I just found myself wondering why Holland wear Orange when their flag has no orange in it.

After the earlier political outbursts I'm staying well clear of that topic :LOL:

Paul Anthony

Interesting they're not showing all the VAR lines being drawn on the TV when it's being used in this tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread