European championships 2020 thread (11 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Why James? Seems like we may line up with 3 centre backs as I’d be surprised if we rotated both Trippier and Walker.

Personally, I’d stick with the same team and put Shaw in for Walker. Get the win against Scotland, and then rotate attacking options and get Maguire and Henderson match fitness against Czechia.
Providing we win I think we'll see a fair bit of rotation against Czech anyway.

lifeskyblue

I get nervous when fans and media build up CCFC or England as overwhelming favourites. It often precedes a disappointing performance and a shock result. Throw in the derby effect, the Scottish chip on shoulder and historic rivalry and anything can happen. I am hoping for a good win but wouldn’t be surprised if England draw tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Realise just how poor tv football commentators are today. Wolstenholme, Moore, Coleman, Davis and Motson…even Hugh Johns so much better than what’s currently on offer

Terry Gibson's perm

Realise just how poor tv football commentators are today. Wolstenholme, Moore, Coleman, Davis and Motson…even Hugh Johns so much better than what’s currently on offer

I like Danny Murphy as the co com but he hasn’t got a lot to work with today

Tommo1993

If Steve Clarke plays to the fans’ wishes and goes gung ho, we’ll have it wrapped up by half time.

I can see people are getting nervous, of course we don’t want to cock it up against Scotland, but I think you’re overthinking it.

We should crush them, I really hope we do too. Show no respect whatsoever.

Liquid Gold

If Steve Clarke plays to the fans’ wishes and goes gung ho, we’ll have it wrapped up by half time.

I can see people are getting nervous, of course we don’t want to cock it up against Scotland, but I think you’re overthinking it.

We should crush them, I really hope we do too. Show no respect whatsoever.
It's the expectation that kills you though. I went into the Croatia game thinking a draw would be a decent result and win was just a huge bonus. I'm expecting a win here so they can either meet expectations or fuck things up.

Tommo1993

It's the expectation that kills you though. I went into the Croatia game thinking a draw would be a decent result and win was just a huge bonus. I'm expecting a win here so they can either meet expectations or fuck things up.

Maybe it’s the English pride and arrogance, I just see them as one of the tournaments weakest teams. But as a City and England fan, I understand the doubt.

Liquid Gold

Maybe it’s the English pride and arrogance, I just see them as one of the tournaments weakest teams. But as a City and England fan, I understand the doubt.
They definitely are, if this was Finland or North Macedonia I'd be confident but it's a derby game and some of their players' biggest game of their lives

Tommo1993

They definitely are, if this was Finland or North Macedonia I'd be confident but it's a derby game and some of their players' biggest game of their lives

Absolutely. No doubt in my mind that any passion, energy and fight they had against Czech will increase tenfold.

covmark

Yep agreed, this is their final. Think it'll be a tight first half, but we'll wear them out in the second half.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Italy to bring in 5-day quarantine for all UK travellers. That will disrupt fans’ travel for the potential QF in Rome. Don’t think there’s even 5 days between the R16 and the QF.

no_loyalty

That was never a penalty, you can’t even jump these days.

Paul Anthony

So how did Schick not get a yellow for that challenge, if Lovren got booked for the "penalty"?

lifeskyblue

And Schick received treatment on pitch and blood still running from nose but was allowed to stay on pitch (and take penalty) rather than than have to go off and wait for ref to call him back.

Macca

It all seems weird that 20000 ticketless fans can travel after being told not to and get pissed up despite the rest of us living under restrictions. Like to have seen the headlines if locations were reversed

kg82

One of the strangest decisions I think I’ve seen. Can’t jump up, eyes on the ball, and win it. Then, as lifeskyblue says, got treatment, but was allowed to stay on the pitch and take the pen. Refs got to be looked at there.

xcraigx

Even if things were to go according to plan tonight, we may well still need to beat the Czechs to win the group so we may not be in a position to rest, rotate and give the likes of Maguire and Henderson some game time. We could probably do with Croatia stepping things up a little in the second half.

Paul Anthony

Good finish, but keeper should do better. It looked like he decided to try and punch instead of parry.

After the replays, yeah he should have got something on it.

Still, bit of karma after that absurd penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread