European breakaway league (5 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Interesting read through the Liverpool forum and theirs a lot of fans that are supportive of this move, to trump the corrupt UEFA & FIFA. A lot of those in favour tend to be foreign fans who've never stepped foot in England let alone Anfield.

rexo87

No, I’m trying to understand what the legal justification for throwing them out of the Premier League forever is. Otherwise all this big bollocks talk of exiling them, as fun as it clearly is for some people, is going to crumble at the sight of the first lawsuit from the Glazers etc.

Just listening to talkSPORT. Apparently a rule in PL rules that clubs can’t sign up to a new competition without approval from PL first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I wonder if we might see new clubs formed entirely? Touring versions of the PL 6 which sit outside of the jurisdiction of the governing bodies who presumably would be able to loan players free of any rules from their originator club?

Ccfcisparks

The London based fans of northwest clubs shouting all over youtube channels is one of the worst things in the world. Horrible.
Almost as bad as the foreign fans of clubs, talking about the spirit of the game when they've never seen it at the working class level that imbeds it in your heart. They sit behind a laptop screen for 90 minutes a couple times a week (even pre covid) and have never set foot in their own stadium.

SBAndy

I wonder if we might see new clubs formed entirely? Touring versions of the PL 6 which sit outside of the jurisdiction of the governing bodies who presumably would be able to loan players free of any rules from their originator club?

It’s an interesting idea, but to use Man Utd as an example, how does the plc benefit from another club being formed to take part in the new competition?

Grendel

So the greed is good league is being replaced by the greedier is better league.

The clubs involved are aware that their must be clauses which means the premier league value - sponsorship, tv deals etc. Would collapse overnight.

It’s all very well saying they should hold their nerve but these clubs have clout.

Ccfcisparks

The clubs involved are aware that their must be clauses which means the premier league value - sponsorship, tv deals etc. Would collapse overnight.

It’s all very well saying they should hold their nerve but these clubs have clout.
What do you think of the SL G? Are you for or against.

Grendel

What do you think of the SL G? Are you for or against.

In a way indifferent but it’s clearly another move built on self interest with no regard for the actual fans and the game overall

Football sold its soul to the devil in the 90’s and the devil is unleashed.

Historically unapproved sports leagues end very badly but in this case it might work for these clubs but I suspect it’s a threat so these clubs get even more money

CCFCSteve

I don’t know one fan from any of these six clubs that are happy with the proposal. In fact a couple said they almost feel like crying...they know it’s wrong

These owners just want an extra slug of cash from somewhere and fuck everyone else. Would love the Prem to just chuck them out but think Grendel is right, not sure they can afford to and the owners know it. Got a feeling the influencers will be the players if FIFA/UEFA ban them from internationals

Torquay Sky Blue

Yes and this could be one big muscle flexing exercise

Liquid Gold

I don't think a domestic fan boycott will make much difference, these teams have long since abandoned any pretence of being a club embedded into a local community. They are global brands. The ESL isn't looking to exploit existing 'markets', it's creating entirely new ones.
More than a club - Barcelona
It means more - Liverpool
Football without fans is nothing - Man Utd

They all love to play up the community bullshit when it suits for marketing purposes.

Let them go, let it fail and only let them back once they’ve handed power back to the pyramid. Call their bluff.

SBT

Almost as bad as the foreign fans of clubs, talking about the spirit of the game when they've never seen it at the working class level that imbeds it in your heart. They sit behind a laptop screen for 90 minutes a couple times a week (even pre covid) and have never set foot in their own stadium.

I think your anger is targeted at the wrong people. Most foreign fans are a bit cringeworthy, but mean well (some of them are probably far more knowledgeable than their English counterparts too).

And you could forgive them for not understanding the working class roots of the English game when the cheapest season ticket is £1000. The idea of throngs of workers filing from the factories onto the terraces is as alien to most young English fans as it is to the ones watching in Singapore or Chicago. Fan culture is completely different at that level, the working class stuff is fast becoming a Ron Manager cliche I’m afraid.

D

Deleted member 4439

I think your anger is targeted at the wrong people. Most foreign fans are a bit cringeworthy, but mean well (some of them are probably far more knowledgeable than their English counterparts too).

And you could forgive them for not understanding the working class roots of the English game when the cheapest season ticket is £1000. The idea of throngs of workers filing from the factories onto the terraces is as alien to most young English fans as it is to the ones watching in Singapore or Chicago. Fan culture is completely different at that level, the working class stuff is fast becoming a Ron Manager cliche I’m afraid.

All standard STs at Liverpool are under £1000, with the cheapest being a tad more expensive than Premier membership at CCFC.

bringbackrattles

I'm feeling happy that my club will be playing Championship football next season,and in our home city again. As for the six clubs breaking away let them go and enjoy their filthy lucre, but tell them goodbye and don't come back. I only care about Coventry City anyway, as long as we are heading in the right direction, sod the rest.

SBAndy

Thank fuck the pyramid rejected the bailout plan that handed all the power to the big six. That would have allowed them to go off to this new competition without any penalties.

Exactly what I thought when I saw that rule in place. If it was in their hands, that’s amended almost immediately. We now see the true motivation for it.

duffer

I think it shows how detached the owners of these clubs have become, even from their own fans.

I'd agree with LG on this, call their bluff.

The PL can make it clear that they will be expelled if they choose to continue. The FA/UEFA can make it clear that it would be very difficult for any players involved to play for their countries again, and of course cancel the clubs' membership of their respective associations.

The government might even be able to apply pressure by having different taxation requirements and overseas player qualification regulations for teams that aren't part of the FA.

None of these organisations are without clout.

This has actually opened the door to reviewing things like fit and proper ownership, financial fair play, and even salary cap regulations. The English FA and other European FAs could use this as an opportunity to really start a push back against the entitlement that these clubs feel they have. They could step up now and start to bring the game back down to earth; it would benefit everyone except for perhaps a few billionaire owners.

duffer

Jose Mourinho been sacked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never really liked the bloke, until now! It's a principled stance that I hope others might follow.

Edit: Ah, fell for it I'm afraid. Nothing to do with this ESL bollocks it seems, at least I can go back to not liking him now :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread