European breakaway league (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Initially the novelty of playing the same European clubs every season will be great for the armchair fans...it will wear off over a couple years and people will appreciate the beauty of the champions league as it was previously.

People always said Sky etc would ruin football , what they really meant was money ...and it's all coming true

Paul Anthony

That's a parody account

Might not be far off the money though, if they were going to sack him for results they'd have surely done it before now or after the season had ended? And just before a cup final against Man City? At least you'd expect they'd have waited until after that one?

Terry_dactyl

The PL should draw up a rule that any player playing in this league cannot play in the PL.
I think they’re threatening that and also banning players from international football...I think the breakaway clubs are saying they don’t care! Theyll presumably pay players enough to not care either.

Grendel

Think hes accepting hes been sacked, just not the bit about him refusing to take training.

well I know but that’s clearly a joke surely

chiefdave

It gets better and better, 'legacy fans'.

Unlikely to happen but I would just tell them to go off and do their own thing and use it as the springboard for a desperately needed reset of the domestic game. Get finances under control and make leagues competitive.

Said before what is the endgame for a club like ours? To get in the Prem League and pray we avoid relegation every year and don't have 10 put past us by Man City. What fun is that?

KenilworthSkyBlue

The average scouser is of no interest to their owners they are more interested in their “fans” in Beijing and places like that.

This is what people are failing to comprehend.

The 'legacy' fan as they've coined it are now seen as nothing more as a nuisance to the big six. Hence why they want to breed a new 'fan of the future'. Which in layman's terms translates to wholly unpassionate fans who won't oppose any controversial commercial decision made and will instead sit idly by whilst every traditional aspect of the club is disintegrated. As long as they get their ESL fix they don't care.

better days

Managers don’t just get sacked 6 days before cup finals
They may have been negotiating with Mourinho's replacement and have only just reached agreement
Won't be surprised to see the new man announced before the weekend so he can take over before the final to get the new manager bounce

Frostie

They may have been negotiating with Mourinho's replacement and have only just reached agreement
Won't be surprised to see the new man announced before the weekend so he can take over before the final to get the new manager bounce

Telegraph that initially broke the story say Ryan Mason is in charge until June. Sounds like they're after a manager currently in a role.

Users who are viewing this thread