European breakaway league (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Will this mean participating clubs not taking part in their domestic cups the league cup and FA cup or could it be they operate with basically two squads one for home competitions the other for super league. Big test for out FA this might depend how well their palms are greased as to what they do about it.
As a ccfc fan I don’t see what difference it really makes survival in the Premier League is about as good as it gets for any club below the “big” six

They have to be thrown out of domestic competitions its assembled as that. Anything less is capitulation and won't be the end of it.

Gary Lineker saying this is just a power play with relating t the up and coming CL expansion. I'm not so sure

Brighton Sky Blue

Unsurprising that the biggest representation in this venture comes from the league that has embraced greedy owners and spending ridiculous amounts of money the most. Also unsurprising that as yet there is no Bundesliga representation with the clubs there still fan owned.

That we’re now dishing praise on the Thai bankrolled Lesta as relatively better than full on piss takers like Man City says it all.

tisza

They got caught plotting behind the other PL clubs backs last year so this shouldn't come as a surprise. Glazer and Henry motivating forces based on their US franchise sport backgrounds.
Hope Uefa and FIFA stick to their guns but the financial power of this new League could see top players choose money over country. England to be most effected.
Blatant power grab.

clint van damme

Just reading up on this. There is qualification from domesticl eagues, 5 places per season but qualifiers get crumbs compared to the clubs already involved but that's the bait they'll use to try and get support.
Hopefully they get given resounding fuck off

NorthernWisdom

Just got to hope they can't tempt other clubs with the money because otherwise it just becomes a glorified exhibition and will die in five years.

Not that long ago we were more successful than Man City and Chelsea... but football's about allowing clubs like that to rise, not cut off the threat.

Skybluefaz

Just reading up on this. There is qualification from domesticl eagues, 5 places per season but qualifiers get crumbs compared to the clubs already involved but that's the bait they'll use to try and get support.
Hopefully they get given resounding fuck off
I bet clubs can't wait to qualify for a competition where they get to compete against Tottenham. Such a privilege. Greedy fucking bastards.

SBT

Good to see the likes of Bayern and PSG decline the offer.

PSG are only holding out because their owner also happens to own BeIn Sports, who have spent a huge wedge on Champions League rights. Not exactly the most principled stance.

Fergusons_Beard

“By bringing together the world's greatest clubs and players to play each other throughout the season, the Super League will open a new chapter for European football, ensuring world-class competition and facilities, and increased financial support for the wider football pyramid."

How is a closed league going to bring financial support to CCFC?!

Fucking loads of bollox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tisza

Good luck with the English club games many of the "big" games this season been dull as dishwater.

D

Deleted member 2477

It appears to be the American owners of Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal who have pushed this through.
A league with bo promotion orreligations. I wonder in what country that happens now ?

glad to see the majority of fNs of these clubs against it as well. Its all about money and nothing else

PUSB-We_are_going_up

What a c**t

NOT........A........BIG........DEAL
Someone get him fucking drug tested the World cup is the most Celebrated prize in the world of football it is the best achievement you could win to be the best team in the world this guy is a fucking nob he needs to check his daily dosage of pain killers that he takes to rid himself of the pain that his parents left him when he was a child

Covstu

Weirdly could be an opportunity to bring the English game back to a more working class level, the premier league is at its peak in respect to money so that will implode at some time or shift the capital to this farce. Cups like the FA cup devalued for years, U23 sides playing in the lower league cups just because the big clubs ‘can’. This league will show they don’t need fans but the rest of the teams will. What might hurt is that this probably guarantees Leicester the league! The bubble will burst and i hope none of their fans support this

skybluesam66

12 team league. Same fixtures each week. Minimum away crowds. Probably interest for only 3 or 4 after the first few games of the season. Tv audiences will quickly dwindle.

the rumpo kid

If they expelled those six today, would it make festa potential double winners ? That must not be allowed to happen under any circumstances.

stay_up_skyblues

I’ve only briefly read up on it but it looks like they want to still play in the domestic competition(s). The “Super Leage” will consist of 20 league games plus a knockout competition. So if (and I don’t think they will) they get their way is that potentially another 30 games on top of a 38 game league season plus FA cup and League Cup? And the manager already moan about fixture pile up.

Looks a non-starter to me and as has been said, a ploy to get favourable financial terms and protections in the new CL format.

Wankers of the highest order. Bluff should be called and the teams booted from their domestic leagues. Can’t see it happening though. UEFA will probably bend over and give them automatic qualification for the CL and a bigger slice of the financial pie. Twats.

covhead1

I am truly shocked that greed has reared its ugly head in football!!
My god what is the world coming to??

As soon as we had American's owning British clubs the writing was on the wall.

Fuck the lot of them!!!

Terry_dactyl

What a bunch of fuckers the owners of these clubs are.
I guess something like this was inevitable. Domestically They’ll most likely get away with it. The league would probably see itself as being massively undervalued without them in it.

Philosorapter

If I've brought rights to any Premier League fixtures over the next few years I would be very concerned. Any peep out of Sky etc about what they have said about this?

Users who are viewing this thread