Euro 2016 big thread (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Rooney wasn't superb. He was ok. He did nothing special. He had 2 shots, one straight at the goalie and one brilliantly saved.
His passing was excellent, he wasn't there to score goals. He controlled the midfield well. Don't treat him as a striker

Otis

That the England we know and Love

I know we bugger it up sometimes, but we do also get a fair bit of ill luck too don't we at times (penalty spot giving way under Beckham's foot, Campbell's disallowed goal, Lampard's over the line shot, the Hand of God etc.).

How many shots did Russia have tonight? We really deserved to win without any question. We did fail to take advantage of some great positions tonight, but you do have to feel for the players on this occasion.

Covstu

I know we bugger it up sometimes, but we do also get a fair bit of ill luck too don't we at times (penalty spot giving way under Beckham's foot, Campbell's disallowed goal, Lampard's over the line shot, the Hand of God etc.).

How many shots did Russia have tonight? We really deserved to win without any question. We did fail to take advantage of some great positions tonight, but you do have to feel for the players on this occasion.
It's a game where you struggle to find negatives. We just don't kill games off

lifeskyblue

Awful second half. Took off Rooney (best player). Kane poor...sterling didn't use ball when had opportunity. Vardy or sturridge should have been used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

Now, we know that the number 42 is the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything, but can anybody possibly explain just what England have to do to win a game of tournament football after a performance like that? Other than score two goals and defend until the final whistle of course.

Otis

I'll let UEFA know we deserved to win and maybe they will change it from a draw.

I know. just saying England deserved win quite clearly and that goal at the end was a bit of a freak effort. You have to feel for the England team tonight.

lifeskyblue

I thought rose was ok and lallana first half...but he did fade. Kane should have been subbed with half hour to go

Otis

I thought rose was ok and palls a first half...but he did fade. Kane should have been subbed with half hour to go

Rose was fine, as was Lallana. Think the only player who had a poor game was Kane, who just wasn't in the game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Glad to see Hart found time post match to have a couple of chuckles when being interviewed.

I'm not expecting him to be in mourning, but still......

As for his take on the goal, did he say their man had a good left for and looped one in? Wasn't it a header? Or did he think it was a good assist?

Otis

The only one who shone was Rooney tbh

Really? I thought Dier was very good and so too Smalling, Rose and Walker. Cahill did okay and so too Alli at times.

I thought it was a well rounded performance, Kane excepted.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like England fans getting attacked after the game as well.

If it was English fans doing that there would be mayhem,

ratovan2

Kane was shocking, Hart went missing when we needed him, Rose is to lightweight, Lallana a waste of a shirt
Right, well that's 4 players. How did we play so well I wonder with such poor performances?
We got a draw against a poor Russian side on the night, our failure to close these games out will cost us, we had chances but seem to want to pick an extra pass to often.
Vardy would have caused them problems late on and the fact that he can actually finish would make him a certain starter for me

Johnnythespider

Looks like England fans getting attacked after the game as well.

If it was English fans doing that there would be mayhem,
2 critically ill, hope they come through OK. Some absolute bellend on my Facebook calling England fans trash, but she's a wasp loving egg chaser so I've blocked her.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

The loud bang towards the end of the game hasn't been mentioned much anywhere?
All I've heard is that it was outside the ground.

Security seems to be a joke. Some saying on Twitter there was no police in the stadium and the response times have been poor. Mirror reporter got on the England team bus earlier completely unchallenged.

Seeing reports that NI fans are being attacked in Nice as well.

They've going to have to do something about this. It's only the second day and it's chaos.

chiefdave

Anyone heard from CJ since the game? Hope he's safe.
Judging by his Twitter still at the ground waiting to collect bags which seems another shambles.

His last tweet said the police have completely lost control of the city.

PVA

There was nothing Hart could do with the goal.

Sterling and Kane should have been replaced with Vardy and Sturridge to give us a chance on the counter.

Milner made two mistakes leading to the goal. Shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hodgson is a clueless fool, as soon as we got the lead we went all out defense to win the game 1-0 we weren't trying to score from that point onwards. It was like watching us in Coleman or Pressley where we get the goal and then try to protect the lead for the rest of the match.

CJ_covblaze

Sounds shocking, stay safe!

Was it innocent people they were going at?

Anyone. Some were just sitting there eating pizza. The police tear gassed local kids, local elderly people and the England player's wives and kids.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Another bloodbath after the game. Rumours going round that someone pushed an England fan in front of a train.

Covstu

There was nothing Hart could do with the goal.

Sterling and Kane should have been replaced with Vardy and Sturridge to give us a chance on the counter.

Milner made two mistakes leading to the goal. Shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.
Would agree with the subs, I would have changed at 70 mins. Too wasteful up front and sterling didn't turn up second half, the lads confidence is shot.

mrtrench

Rooney wasn't superb. He was ok. He did nothing special. He had 2 shots, one straight at the goalie and one brilliantly saved.

I thought he played better than I've seen him for a long time. However his second shot was also very close to the keeper. If he'd put it even within a foot of the corner the keeper would have had no chance. Playing in midfield is no excuse for those two shots.

Users who are viewing this thread